Awoo.

Future of Marine the Raccoon

Blazey Firekitty

That's actually a really interesting idea... kind of a play on the parallel light/dark paths in certain games. It'd be cool if neither side knew about the other's involvement until late in the game. Tails could narrate/guide on Sonic's side, with Marine on Blaze's side. It'd actually work really well, and there could be some humorous parallels.

(Although I still think it'd have been more sensible for her to be a tanuki; not only are they closer to Australia than raccoons, the tanuki/kitsune parallel would have been nice.)

Making Marine a tanuki(Raccoon Dog) would have made her fit in better with Blaze as well, come to think of it, since Blaze seems loosely connected to Japanese legends about "ghost cats" that could create fire.

That's actually a really interesting idea... kind of a play on the parallel light/dark paths in certain games. It'd be cool if neither side knew about the other's involvement until late in the game. Tails could narrate/guide on Sonic's side, with Marine on Blaze's side. It'd actually work really well, and there could be some humorous parallels.

I did admittedly enjoy the sense of symmetry between Sonic and Blaze's stories in the first Rush, and I admittedly missed having "navigator" characters in the second game, so a return to this sort of game structure would be welcome to me.

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I think if there's a third Rush, it'll take place in a third dimension that both parties are transferred to. That has a kind of balance to it, and you don't have to explain why they keep ending up in the other's dimension.

• 1 year later...

She was an awesome character. I would like to see her come back in a future game, but then again, that's just my opinion.

I think my day's just been made. That's just about the most adorable thing ever.

If Marine ever does return, she needs to use the Sol Emeralds to transform into...

Ultra Marine.

*groan*

• Thumbs Up 7

I thought Marine was an okay character in Rush Adventure (which I have paused as I type this, oddly enough). She was written to be intentionally annoying, unlike Cream, who just makes me want to punch her in her fucking bunny face every time she opens her mouth. Marine went through some actual character development as well, going from a girl who lived in her own fantasy world of adventure and swashbuckling, to growing up a little and seeing that there are consequences for ones' actions, and that the world is a fuckin' dangerous place if you aren't careful. Sort of an grimm fable, but more lighthearted, and much furrier.

That said, no way in hell do I want her returning ever again. She lives in a completely different dimension, for christsake. There are so many more interesting character that should get screen time before she ever does.

I absolutely love marine, and I hope she'll at least return for a few spin-offs and maybe a few appearances in main games along side Blaze

4 words. Worst Aussie stereotype ever. I'm glad she didn't have a VA also because she was annoying in game as an NPC but with voice, I wouldn't have put up with Rush adventure. My best bet though, she may appear as a cameo or something like 3DS version Generations or some multiplayer minigame

Edited by Chaos Fusion

I dont see future for her. While I would like to see her appearing with Blaze in some mainstream game I just dont see it.

Oh and you guys seriously want anoter Super Character? We have 4 of them: Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze (I am not counting Knuckles and Tails. After Heroes their super forms are pretty much proved no-cannon) so yeah.

Whoa, epic topic grave diggings over in the Sonic section recently. I mean, a thread from 2009? Really though? o3o Dewd, zombie thread.

But yeah, I don't really see what Marine could add to the series at this point. She sorta seemed like Cream with a backbone, but that was about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how Marine did that during the final boss... just.... out of the blue...

Anyway I think her gameplay style would be interesting. Just hope her VA isn't annoying.

Marine is a funny character, like if Charmy Bee didn't suck. She's like that scene from the OVA where Sonic is like "SHUT UP TAILS" but if Tails was like that all the time. The reckless self proclaimed sidekick is one of the better character types in the series. But she can only show up with Blaze.

I wonder how Marine did that during the final boss... just.... out of the blue...

Anyway I think her gameplay style would be interesting. Just hope her VA isn't annoying.

Marine is a funny character, like if Charmy Bee didn't suck.

Nah, Charmy is more tolerable than Marine. Marine is an airhead who walks around thinking she is right all the time. Charmy is just an airhead. :P