Awoo.

Why are there so many complaints against the IDW Comics?

Rabbitearsblog

52 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

But would SEGA actually allow elements from the movies into the comics or into the games themselves?  I'm not sure if it was Paramount who gave IDW permission to publish a story for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or if that was SEGA's doing, but as far as we know, SEGA hasn't really incorporated any elements from the movies into the games (unless you count some moments where Sonic has electricity glowing around him).  Personally, I would rather SEGA not really incorporate anything from the movies into the games since the continuity of this franchise is already all over the place and I would like the movies to be their own thing, while the games are their own things.

I rather not have the elements of the films incorporated into the games themselves. That's way too complicated, unless SEGA decided to do one BASED on the films. I said only to the comics so it can give that individuality Archie had during its run.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, StreetSonic2022 said:

I rather not have the elements of the films incorporated into the games themselves. That's way too complicated, unless SEGA decided to do one BASED on the films. I said only to the comics so it can give that individuality Archie had during its run.

I guess if they want to, Paramount and IDW can arrange a separate comic book series that's only exclusive to the Sonic movies, while the mainstream IDW comics continue to be their own thing.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:26 AM, ART-DX said:

Because it isn't Archie. Case solved.

That and it's because it's not the Sonic they grew up with, whether it's Archie Sonic or just 90s or 2000s Sonic in general.

• Thumbs Up 1