Awoo.

TSS REVIEW: Sonic Colors

nuckles87
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into TSS REVIEW: Sonic Colors at some point.

Posted By: Chris

As much as the game had its good..The story mode and cheesy lines literally made me cry.. It was incredibly lame, and made me feel like they made sonic a stupid person with a horrible sense of humor. But most of the rest of the game was good, just don’t see how u found those cutscenes funny.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS Classic Comment Bot

• sonfan1984

• C.J

• Rinzler

@sonfan1984 hell no his voice was not on the mark it was deep and made my ears bleed I don’t know how you see Sonic but that was not Sonic at all I smell me a bias fan boy

Posted By: sonicdudefan1996

People these are opinions! you don’t need to agree with the person but at least let them have it. if i say silver is my favorite hedgehog deal with it. it won’t ruin your game experience. story being bad or good or even funny along with Sonics voice actor being great or good are all opinions. no one is right or wrong. in my opinion the story was okay for a sonic game. while the story doesn’t matter(especially in a sonic game!lol!) the Eggman p.a announcements were pretty funny. i think sonic’s voice will improve.

Posted By: Kacey

Finally someone who talks sense…Sonicdudefan I salute you ;\

(For the comment and your view I mean 😀 )

Posted By: Ax

@Jordan E

I’m gonna have to defend sonicfan1984 here. He’s not a bias fan boy. If you’re smelling one it’s because you’ve entered the scene. XD

Besides that fact I can’t let you accuse another fan of something I already know he’s not based on observation, you can also look at the material and further see he’s not. What you call a “deep” is the same pitch his voice has been for the past 2 and a half year. Maybe someone should post a back to back comparison, but yeah, it is.

In fact, when people started saying Jason improved in Unleashed (forgetting he was actually sick during the recording of that game meaning it’s less likely he improved and more likely people got used to it) I kept telling people he sounded the same as always only his voice was a little deeper… which was LESS Sonic-ish as it sounded more like a normal voice and even less like Ryan’s voice than previously. To further prove this, everyone thought Roger’s voice was deeper til it is compared and you see it’s the same pitch showing Griffith’s Sonic voice did get deeper. (It got deeper in Japanese too.)

So why is Roger’s Sonic voice such a “deep” shock? Because he has a bit of a gruff or rasp sound in the background of his voice which shows he sounds a lot like Griffith but slightly different in a way that you can tell it’s a different person, thus, subconciously you hear it as COMPLETELY different. This is also likely why people complained so severly over Griffith’s voice despite it being of mild difference from Ryan. =P

PS:
Considering Roger’s Sonic voice is more NORMAL sounding than Sonic’s previous voices, and it supposedly made your ears bleed, I’d assume you liked Sonic’s voice best in Sonic Heroes as it was the most annoying and least norming of Sonic’s voice (Since more normal sounding voices apparently make your ears bleed. =P) lol

---

But my final words of that silly wall of text is, despite what I say it doesn’t mean you’ll like it any more or less or that you are right or wrong to feel however you feel towards the voice. All we ask is to keep the peace and not argue over the voices. Not only is it unaffective towards SEGA and towards each other, it’s just silly. There was once a boycott for Sonic 06 due to voices about 4 years ago. Most likely the people on the streets who actually saw it didn’t care and didn’t even know who Ryan Drummond was. xD

Besides, if your opinion is of you not liking what SEGA does then it’s not really a flaw of SEGA’s. It’s only a mistake of their’s if they actually mess something up, not if they do something you have a different opinion of. =P lol

Posted By: amiterisu

Augh…I have to wait so long to be able to touch the wii version! Dont get me wrong,the DS version is fun,but all the praise the wii version has been getting just makes it all the more tempting.

Posted By: AncientMod3

I’ve played the Wii version, it is REALLY Addicting! :). As for Roger, he does a good job his first time as Sonic. I give him props for being successful. I really like Drummond and Roger, not Griffith. But just my opinion. As for this review, it makes a lot of sense, and i agree with them. I’m glad Colors got the great reviews it did. This puts SEGA in a good position to keep up the good work!

@Jordan E

OMG wow! Calm down, it’s my opinion okay? Just cause I like Roger Craig Smith doesn’t make me a bias fanboy! (besides I’m a girl) You’re the one who is being the Jason fanboy around here anytime somebody has something nice to say about Roger Craig Smith and yes I perfer his voice work and his acting over Jason so deal with it and stop being a butthurt Jason fanboy cause I like Roger’s voicework in Colors.

---

And also, learn to fucking read. I even admitted that Roger sounded alittle deep in some cutscenes but then there’s many times in the game where he actually has the right tone for Sonic. This is his first game anyway and I’m sure he’ll get better when there’s more games.

BYW, I have already said this before but Ryan Drummond was also given a ‘deep’ voice for Sonic in SA and personally I prefer that tone for Sonic over the nasally, high pitch and annoying tone he used to have before.

---

BTW, thanks for sticking up for me Ax. 😀
I stopped coming here for short while cause I have trouble posting comments and this Jordan guy calling me a bais fanboy for liking RCS is what I come back to. He don’t have to like the new voice but learn to respect other peoples opinions.

@sonicfan1984
It sounded deep to me at first, but I got used to it. Thinking on it now, I do not think that Jason could pull off the humor in this game. Not trying to say he is bad, but the voice actors are very different styles.

---

This should be Sonic 4. It has so many new ideas, but enough nostalgia for older sonic fans. The only thing keeping it from bein better than Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 is the platforming because the double jump is fiddly at times. If Sonic had the grab move from SA2 it would be the best sonic game ever.

Yeah, I’d thought his voice was deep at first too cause I was so used to hearing Jason but I quickly adjusted to it after playing and beating Colors and now I’m loving the new voice and the acting as well.

@sonicfan1984

No problem. =p

@Rinzler

Actually, I think you’re right that their styles are different so he’d definitely do it a little differently, but I don’t think Jason would have a problem pulling off the humor given the right director. I discovered that Jason is actually a pretty funny guy all on his own and started realizing how much his directors were screwing him over. (It’s like Noah Ringer playing Aang in The Last Airbender. Turns out the kid’s personality and acting alone are perfect for the role and M. Night Shayamalan, on camera, requests him to do it different… and his requested version SUCKED! DX)

Posted By: Ryan

Remember SEGA’s MasterTweet Theatre, Aaron told the question is Sonic and Amy will be together in 2011 for Sonic’s 20th anniversary. Sonic will finally show his own feelings to Amy and proof he admits he loves her a lot and start dating her a lot. Is that true that SEGA was gonna announced they are official couple in future Sonic games.

Posted By: TheHumbleFellow

Ryan: Dude, stick to the subject.

There’s nothing wrong with supporting a fictional couple, but you shouldn’t go overboard.

@Ax:
I don’t mind a little bit of SonAmy now and then but they REALLY need to fix up Amy’s personality in the games. Nowadays she acts like this bumbling idiot and whenever she sees Sonic she is either forcing him to marry her or take her out on a date and her new voice isn’t helping either. -_- It’s like Sega is determine to keep Amy into this annoying fangirl and there is so much they can do with her character but they don’t want to.

@Rinzler:
I enjoyed it, it’s one of my favorite 3D Sonic games next to the Sonic Adventure series and HD Unleashed. I’m looking forward to see what Sega have in store for Sonic in 2011.

Posted By: Ryan

@sonfan1984:
But Sonic takes Amy out on a date in Sonic and the Black Knight but in Sonic Free Riders,
Amy forces Sonic to go out with her after she won the race, but he didn’t want to go with her. He’s too shy. Come on, Sonic! Don’t be shy anymore! Go ask Amy and tell her you have feelings for her and love her! Don’t run away from her anymore, Sonic.
God, SEGA will ever make Sonic and Amy together at last.
I’ve should that Kyla Pratt (Proud Family, One on One, Dr. Dolittle, Fat Albert) or Lisa Ortiz (Sonic X, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog and others) will voice Amy to make much better voice her.
You should email to SEGA to make Sonic and Amy as offical couple for future Sonic games.
That’s why Amy and Sonic should be together somewhere like Sonic Colors 2, Sonic 3DS, Mario and Sonic Party, Sonic Chronicles 2 or Sonic’s 20th anniversary game.
Sonic will not run away from Amy anymore, he will going to ask her to be his girlfriend.
Damn you, SEGA. Why Sonic will ever love Amy?

You’re really like getting off topic with your SonAmy fantasies, don’t you? What you’re talking about has nothing to do with Sonic Colors seeing as how Amy doesn’t make an appearance in the Wii version at all.

Posted By: TheHumbleFellow

@Ryan: Yeah, come on, dude. Give it a rest.

I support Sonamy too, but that doesn’t mean that I think bout it 24/7. As a matter of fact, I think it would be a BAD thing if they got together in the games. It would be cute, sure. But it would just get boring before long. It’s the “Will they? Won’t they?” factor that keeps people hooked to the couple.

Now come on. Stay on topic.

@sonicfan1984

Of course you don’t mind… you’re a SonAmy fan. XD

@Ryan

No he doesn’t. He was supposed to. And like sonicfan1984 said, it’s because she forces him to. However in Free Riders she TRIES to force him and he never agrees to it. =p They probably kept Amy out of Sonic Colors because she was annoying and useless in Sonic Unleashed. XD In the DS version they used the entire cast except the Babylon Rouges. =P

But come OOOOOON. This is so off topic! I really don’t care about SonAmy! I don’t hate couples I just don’t want SonAmy for two reasons. 1: How could Sonic like a girl like Amy? What does she have to offer? 2: It has NOTHING to do with the rest of the story in these games. “confess his feelings for her”??? That doesn’t sound like a Sonic-y kinda thing to me. We’re talking about Sonic Colors, not a freakin Soap Opera! >.< Why can't you people just leave the poor guy alone and let him be free in the wind and adventure like he keeps saying? D'X lol

@nuckles87
Did you take a while with the review because you were trying to get the red rings?

@sonicfan1984
I enjoyed it a lot too. What would be nice is if Sega could make a Sonic06 style game, like first it would play similar to SA2 and then like Sonic Colors. Let’s just forget Elise ever happened.

@Sonfan1984

I atcually liked Amy more in Sonic X more than in the games but still (I think Lisa’s best perforamnces were on the show and also in Unleashed and Black Knight) but yeah I think SEGA should change Amy for once instead of chasing Sonic 24/7 doing something different or maybe she appears in another game and maybe a cutscene could show her explaining how she feels as the adventures have past by or let her explain

@Ryan

Well I think that’s going a bit overboard :\ and Sonic Colors 2? Mario and Sonic Party? that’s a bit too far we haven’t heard anything yet though I’m not really sure if Sonic loves Amy I mean I think he likes her deep down but wouldn’t want it too far but then again you maybe be right cause I remember at one time I think Sonic HQ did say he has feelings but too shy or I dunno somebody mentioned this about a year ago I don’t know for sure But I do think that something may be going on….

and I’m sure most fans will get used to the new voices just give them time you gotta admit both the Original Cast and 4Kids Cast weren’t exactly amazing on their debut perforamnces but later most people grew on them…

I only prefered the DS Version of Colours than the Wii Version it didn’t really work with me I’m afraid 2010 has been okay for Sonic I also enjoyed SASASR (PS3 and Xbox) and SCC but hopefully 2011 will be a better year for Sonic…

---

Also one more thing I’m not too sure about the new cast….I only like Vector for now

But honestly the Cast are too extreme with their lines (Sometimes they will end up sounding like previous V/As but then the next minute high ptiched or low, they take it a bit too far at times and eventually it goes over the top and a bit messed up and some lines weren’t really funny and can be a bit cheesy (In Colours Wii Version and some on FR)

But this isn’t the first time it’s happened it’s also happend with the Orignial Cast and 4Kids Cast

“I’m The Coolest”
“We’re Sonic Heroes”
“Awww Yeah This Is Happenin”
“I Wish for a mountain of Handkerchiefs”
“Watch Out You’re Gonna Crash…Ah”
“Ah” (Rouge falling in a cutscene in 06)

etc etc etc But I agree with Ax The Voice Director…Ugh :\ it was the director’s fault for not giving most of the actors some room to stretch their legs

But they improved eventually and I’m sure these guys will in time (in future games) Still I don’t like the way SEGA treats them really badly I’ll admit I didn’t like the Original Cast but I didn’t like the way they got rid of them like that and I didn’t like the way they did to 4Kids Cast out of the blue…

@C.J
‘“I’m The Coolest”
“We’re Sonic Heroes”
“Awww Yeah This Is Happenin”
“I Wish for a mountain of Handkerchiefs”
“Watch Out You’re Gonna Crash…Ah”
“Ah” (Rouge falling in a cutscene in 06)’

That’s more of the script writers fault then the voice actors (even though the voice director is partly to blame, too).
We have to wait and see the new voice cast full potential when Sega/Sonic Team make a game with a more serious script. The Happy Tree Friends and MADWORLDS writers did a good job with the writing in this game but they really need to calm down with all the jokes.

@Sonfan1984

That’s true I wasn’t really keen on the cheesy jokes either and the script writers yeah I guess their to blame more and the V/A Director but they did an okay job I just prefered the DS Version more over the Wii and I’m sure 2011 will be bigger and brighter for Sonic and everyone I hope….Not long before we say goodbye to 2010 (Time’s gone fast O.o)