Awoo.

TSS REVIEW: Sonic Colors

nuckles87
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into TSS REVIEW: Sonic Colors at some point.

Posted By: Truesonic

@Sonfan1984

Oh right…. shouldn’t have got my hopes up sorry :L….damn I feel like an idiot now XD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS Classic Comment Bot

• sonfan1984

• C.J

• Rinzler

@danimator
I agree. Roger is great, but Ryan is still my favorite. I think the voice direction in Colors was simply better and more professional (since they have a new voice director) so I think Ryan never was able to reach his full potential, acting-wise. I think his voice was perfect though.

Posted By: rickyrick

Ya I’m pretty sure its not a Party game..it could be a fun platformer game.who knows. We all know that there will be another Mario and Sonic game in 2011, but non of us knows yet. Its just like that Sonic 20th Anniversary rumour. That could be fake as well. SEGA said that THE sonic game in 2011 will have Crush 40 involved in it, and that. It WILL be a BIG game TITLE. I hope it could be a Sonic Adventure 3, but I doubt it…

Posted By: FoxBoy

“having a story where Eggman is the biggest threat is a nice change in pace compared to past Sonic storylines.”

I can’t really agree with that right after being called “a simple premise that lacks the epicness”. XD (It’s not as cool which is relieving!” Oookay. IF you say so. lol (Hey everyone! 8D Finally Eggman is the biggest threat in the game because he was… the only… villain… available. ._.) LOL Makes him sound real threatening doesn’t it. XP

The glove texture thing has been done for a few years now. o.O And I agree about Reach For the Stars not being as good as Endless Possibility (I don’t like Reach For the Stars much >->) but it’s Final boss mix is definitely awesome. lol And since when did Tails not sound like a girl? He hasn’t hit puberty after all. XD But the new acting style is neat. =D

I think the game is awesome. The only things bad to me are that the boost isn’t cooler like Sonic Unleashed’s (Forgivable since it is the wii and it’s not that important) and that there aren’t more characters in the game. At LEAST having Knuckles and Shadow would’ve been fine with me since the rest are pretty much just “extras” anyways. lol (Well, then again they’re prioritizing the inclusion of Tails and sometimes Amy more often these days but even they’re becoming merely sideline characters. So when I say I wish there were more characters, I mean even with just Tails there I wish he was playable in a story somehow. XD HIM! With REAL gameplay and WITHOUT the Tornado. XD)

I don’t think you can really mix speed and platforming that well. It’s never been done and probably never will be. Because even if Sonic can move fast, you can’t control him that fast. It’s up to you to make the platforming faster. The only reason he can go faster when not platforming is BECAUSE there’s no platforming in the way to slow him down. I mean they made him really fast in platformer sections before but people complained there was no platforming because they went so fast that they pretty much just skipped right over it. XD Oh well. 😛

Personally, I gotta say Sonic Colors is almost my favorite Sonic game in the franchise. 😀 The only thing stopping it from being my favorite are the lack of characters and the over-silly style of the game (I don’t want a really dark style or anything, but a style similar to the classics and Adventure series would feel more “natural” to me, still leading Sonic 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic Adventure as more favorable or at least equally favorable as Sonic Colors to me. And I liked the music but I liked the music in the Adventure series more XD)

@TheDanimator

Are you saying Kate isn’t as good as Corey? O_O Corey was terrible! I mean.. I get he’s an actual kid so it fits Tails but kids don’t have fake-screams when they’re actually scared the way Corey did with Tails! XD Maybe Conner Bringas was a little better but I thought Corey was just our cliche Tails. =P
And I like Ryan’s voice best but I like Roger’s acting best. I mean, just like it’s not fair to call him bad due to limited presentation, it’s not fair to call him good or “best” because of it either. XD Tho I’m sure he’s better than we got to hear just like Griffith. (I was suprised to find he was so talented as a voice artist and a comedian. lol) Not that you can’t have your opinion, I just thought it was odd the way you said it. XD

Following that, I’m both suprised and unsuprised by everyone’s response to C.J.’s first comment. Suprised that people actually replied back to C.J. in such a way that it sounds like they’re saying he’s flat out WRONG when he made it clear it was just his opinion by saying “but that’s just me” or at least what should’ve been clear by those who couldn’t already tell. XD But I’m unsuprised because this happens all the time on TSS… YouTube.. and the Sonic Community. lol And it happens all the time to C.J. so I expected it. lol

PS:
Though the other characters never really appeared in Sonic Unleashed, their names were on a sign in Empire city. XD I think it consisted of Tails, Knuckles, Blaze,

Posted By: needsemail1

I don’t like Sonic’s new voice. It makes him sound too old. He may be better than Griffith, but that’s like saying it’s better to get hit by a car than hit by a truck. If Sega decides to start aging the Sonic characters, then he’d be fine, but otherwise, I still prefer Drummond.

Roger is my new favorite voice for Sonic next to Ryan and Jaleel White.

Roger’s voice doesn’t sound old or deep to me, or maybe I’ve already grown used to it. There are moments where he can sound a bit rough but there are plenty of moments where he got the voice just right. Like that scene where Eggman used that mind control machine on Tails for example and Sonic told him to pay up before the boss fight, his voice was on the mark there and I don’t hear no deepness out of it.

• Sonic News

@ FoxBoy

When I say epic, I mean in terms of scale. I realize it also mean cool these days, but back in my day when something was referred to a epic, it was meant to signify a great scale. “A battle of epic proportion”. That sort of deal. I wasn’t saying it wasn’t as cool.

@Rinzler

You got that right 😀 it most cetainly is!!!

Though its funny how SA and 06 had Hub Worlds and nobody complained (06 for the long damn hard missions) yet Unleashed had hub Worlds and everyone complained :/

@Foxboy

Yes you are correct that does seem to happen very often 😐 I really try keep it fair but somehow others take it the wrong way..

@C.J
Actually, people DID complain about the hub worlds in Sonic ’06 and saying how boring and lifeless the hub worlds is. I don’t remember that much when people complained about them in SA but I guess they complained enough cause they didn’t appear in the sequel SA2. I don’t mind them at all in Sonic Adventure and Unleashed, though.

Posted By: Umiyuri

@CJ, sonfan1984:

Let me explain something:

Sonic 06 hubs: Too big, not enough detail to make up for it, and most areas (including the level gates) look generic, making it easy to get lost.
Sonic Unleashed hubs: Too small and tight, with an overload of pointless detail that just blurs into the background.
Sonic Adventure hubs: Not big but comprising of open spaces, with a good level of detail that isn’t overbearing, and level entrances aren’t hidden away in the background.

Adventure got the hub design absolutely perfect. But people probably complained because… well, Sonic games previously didn’t need hubs to do the level select, so why did Adventure have to? (Probably because they wanted to make getting around the game itself a memorable adventure.)

@Sonfan1984

Ah right Sorry my mistake and I guess your right and I agree with your opinion (I didn’t mind them either in SA and SU).

@Umiyuri

Ah that is true, very true on all games but I honestly didn’t mind SA and SU but I can agree with you on 06 😀 but all points are true but I would say at least all Hub Worlds were unique in their own way (One point each).

• Sonic News

I enjoyed them in Unleashed, but in Sonic 06 they where too big and only added to the game’s numerous problems.

Posted By: Truesonic

@nuckles87

I agree 😀 and Umiyuri is right you could get lost very easily but once you try and do the hard missions

Enter Loading Screens which caused more problems >>>….<<< (But 06 was just rushed and unfinished)

Posted By: Umiyuri

@Slingerland

Hopefully I’m just reacting to them more than I am starting the crap…

I’m really sorry Brad some of us can’t help ourselves at times 😀 we really try, But once you talk about a previous event (which could be similar to a past event) it brings back memories, wondering how things could have been changed or improved or if things worked out differently or maybe how good it was way way back in the past…

There have been many memorable past events (maybe not all things were memoroble) but most things were No matter how bad or good they where (You could of laughed at scenes, smirk or smile at once or just being silent and relaxed

But your right, we need to focus more on present events but it really is difficult but I’m sure most of us will try harder I apologise again 🙂 Though the past may be done and dusted but most people will always remember The good, bad and….Really bad (From a tear, to a smile, to silence, to a sigh of relief?)

Once again I apologise Brad.

Posted By: Ryan

I absolutely loved Sonic Colours! I have just two criticisms:

– The lack of a hub between levels.
– The fact that I had to get it on the Wii, when I would have much preferred better graphics in 1080p on my 360.

Still, a massive thumbs up for level design, gameplay and music. I have to admit that even at the age of 25, I did laugh a few times in some cut scenes. I also cringed at some of the others 😛 Much better voice acting than ever before too!

Sorry Brad I couldn’t help myself. We just get carried away sometimes. Anyway back to the topic, I had some problems with the physics too; but I liked the fact that the 3d has no platforming.

Posted By: Ax

@nuckles87

XD I knew what you meant. I don’t use “epic” in that context… too many people on the internet do. (So much that in a Harry Potter trailer they used the word “epic” and people were suprised a company like that would say that… because they’re don’t know what “epic” means. XD)

But I still prefer epic. XP It’s just more entertaining to me.

@Brad

Well they’re not exactly fighting. They’re talking about Sonic, the good and the bad. How they liked hub worlds if done right. Sonic Colours didn’t have hub worlds. This is like merely adding points from past games to the points made on this game for possibilities of what fans can agree and compromise that they want in future games. I think that’s at least partially on topic and actually production. But either way, I don’t see what’s so bad about it. This is like one of the first times where I see no one arguing or judging others in a discussion. XD That’s an improvement.

Posted By: Miles Per-hour

Is it just me, or does Tails kinda sound like Sally from the old cartoon when he says the line, “Great Job Sonic” in the second-to-last cutscene.