Awoo.

SSF1991

I'm really looking forward to the Knuckles series.  Now that Sonic Prime is coming out soon, I wonder if we will be getting anything about the Knuckles series?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Too Many Rings 1

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm really looking forward to the Knuckles series.  Now that Sonic Prime is coming out soon, I wonder if we will be getting anything about the Knuckles series?

Hope so. Prime looks... fiiiiiiiiiiiine, but it's the Paramount stuff that really got me hooked on this franchise for good. Can't wait to see what shenanigans Idris Knuckles. Ben Sonic and their talking doggie NRA Tails get into next!

Sonic 2 Cheering GIF by Sonic The Hedgehog

After the absolute YEAR that 2022 was for Sonic, 2023 is looking like it’s gonna be a bit of a drought other than the comics. So maybe Spring 2023 would be a good time for them to start talking about the Paramount Sonic series and give details and rough release windows (e.g. ‘winter 2023’) to fill in the gap? That’s my hope anyway, and it would make sense to talk about then it if they can as not a lot else is going to be going on I don’t think.

• Thumbs Up 4

15 hours ago, caitash said:

After the absolute YEAR that 2022 was for Sonic, 2023 is looking like it’s gonna be a bit of a drought other than the comics. So maybe Spring 2023 would be a good time for them to start talking about the Paramount Sonic series and give details and rough release windows (e.g. ‘winter 2023’) to fill in the gap? That’s my hope anyway, and it would make sense to talk about then it if they can as not a lot else is going to be going on I don’t think.

Hopefully, if Sonic Prime proves to be a success, then we might be getting some comics and two new TV shows for 2023.  Something that will hold over Sonic fans until the next game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope we get some production updates about the Knuckles series soon, because it's supposed to be released before Sonic Movie 3. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I hope we get some production updates about the Knuckles series soon, because it's supposed to be released before Sonic Movie 3. 

Me too. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about how the production is going for the Knuckles series.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not surprised that they changed Rouge's outfit for the show because the TV show is rated TV-Y7 which is a rating for kids 7 or older. They change the outfit just to make things appropriate. Do you think she will get a similar outfit in the movie like she got in Prime if she were to appear in the movie?

FgFbu7rXkAAVP4o.jpg

Or they might go for this?

I wouldn't be surprised if she got a outfit similar to the one in Prime.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't see anything wrong with that movie design besides giving her white fur. Yeah bats are fuzzy irl, but the white fur/long white glove combo is too much imo.

On 11/24/2022 at 2:30 AM, CaptainRobo said:

I'm not surprised that they changed Rouge's outfit for the show because the TV show is rated TV-Y7 which is a rating for kids 7 or older. They change the outfit just to make things appropriate. Do you think she will get a similar outfit in the movie like she got in Prime if she were to appear in the movie?

FgFbu7rXkAAVP4o.jpg

Hopefully not, but I'm pretty damn sure Paramount Sonic is locked to PG at this point. So as much as we'd all love, a game-accurate movie Rouge just ain't happening these days. Want it? Pray for a miracle.. :/

Another little update about the development of the movie. The writers promised that the movie will be crazy.

Pat Casey: Sonic 3 is looking good. That's the one spoiler-iffic thing I'll say: "It's gonna be great. Look forward to it."

Josh Miller: "Spoiler alert: It's gonna be crazy."

Source: https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-3-pat-casey-josh-miller-story/

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Another little update about the development of the movie. The writers promised that the movie will be crazy.

Pat Casey: Sonic 3 is looking good. That's the one spoiler-iffic thing I'll say: "It's gonna be great. Look forward to it."

Now I'm more curious to see what the third movie will have!

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

"It's gonna be crazy."

I think we are going to get some badass action scenes!

• Thumbs Up 3

32 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

"It's gonna be crazy."

I think we are going to get some badass action scenes!

Oooh! That would be amazing!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/24/2022 at 2:30 AM, CaptainRobo said:

Someone remembered Sonic Heroes.

Rougeheroes.png

2 hours ago, FourCartridge said:

Someone remembered Sonic Heroes.

Rougeheroes.png

I actually don't mind that outfit, I'll admit.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Found this cool Movie Rouge design designed by tcrmnk from YouTube. I could see the official Rouge design look similar to this.:

Here is another one by the same artist.:

df434g2-ec0dcb49-83f1-40e4-98b4-898ed5457354.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2UwOTJkNjRjLWVhYTMtNDE0Yi1iNmNjLTNjMDU0OTdhYjllN1wvZGY0MzRnMi1lYzBkY2I0OS04M2YxLTQwZTQtOThiNC04OThlZDU0NTczNTQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.zy-_2ECmBF7sXKRZI5d1uSGQmog968QQ276BHClvhSE

Source

Remember the Movie Rouge model that I show you a while ago? Well, the artist who made the Movie Rouge model also made an Movie Amy model. I can see Amy looking like this.:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found this from Twitter. Do you think he is perfect to voice Shadow?

I don't think so. I still prefer Keanu Reeves for Shadow.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't think so. I still prefer Keanu Reeves for Shadow.

Yeah, I agree. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out who will voice Shadow probably likely next year.

Anyway, check out this cool artwork. I could see the poster for the 3rd movie look similar to this. Also, one of the writers like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do wonder, is SEGA heavily involved with the third movie or are they hands off the third movie like they were with the first two movies?

18 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I do wonder, is SEGA heavily involved with the third movie or are they hands off the third movie like they were with the first two movies?

Not sure, but it's likely they are only involved in the marketing of the movie like the other 2 movies.

The writer posted these. Pretty nice and cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not sure, but it's likely they are only involved in the marketing of the movie like the other 2 movies.

The writer posted these. Pretty nice and cool!

Can't believe we are a few years away from Sonic 3!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Can't believe we are a few years away from Sonic 3!

Yeah, I know. 

Anyway, I think it would be cool if they put something like this in the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On 12/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Found this from Twitter. Do you think he is perfect to voice Shadow?

I think he’d be a great fit for Shadow. Helps that Henry is a huge gamer.

Here is a recent interview with the writers. They talk about Shadow, Big, and Agent Stone.:

Spoiler

Josh, in Sonic 2, you end with that Shadow, the Hedgehog tease, which is so fun. In the standalone Shadow game, he has guns and is such an edgelord. How do you find the right tone when adapting a character like that?

Josh Miller: That was a big challenge with us and Jeff [Fowler] and Toby [Ascher], breaking the story for Sonic 3 and, obviously, they’ll murder us if we reveal too much, but with a character like Knuckles it very quickly was easy to see how we’d make Knuckles work so you can take him seriously, but he can also be funny since this is a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. You look to characters like Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation or Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s easier to wrap your head around that with Shadow, again, because he’s not really supposed to be that funny. I’m trying to think of what we can say since we can’t reveal anything.

Pat Casey: You have to look for it in the contrast between Shadow and Sonic and the other characters. Because Shadow is a very serious guy, but you don’t want to make him into a big joke like Lego Batman or something because he’s got to carry a serious story. But yeah, we can’t really reveal much.

Looking at Sonic, the lore is just so wild and you’ve done such a great job bringing in like Tails and Knuckles so far. But do you want to get really weird? Do you want to bring in stuff like Big the Cat, stuff from the Archie comics, that sort of thing? What’s the potential here?

Josh Miller: One thing that makes our lives a little easier is that the rights for the games are different than the rights from the comics. So I think just wholesale, we can’t really use stuff from the Archie comics, specifically. That at least narrows down what kind of things we can be doing. But I mean, I think anytime we’re working on it … at some point gets real weird and crazy and then we have to get reined back in. I don’t even mean Pat and I specifically. The whole team does it, and they’re like “we can’t do that!” Or “as big budget as these movies are, we can’t even afford that so let’s stop thinking about it.”

Pat Casey: But we’re both pretty pro-Big the Cat. At times, Big has had a cameo in basically all of these movies and then we have to pull him out.

Pat, what has it meant to see Agent Stone become so beloved, since he is an original character? Part of that’s the performance, but he’s just become like such a great part of these films and that’s all on the writing crew and the film.

Pat Casey: I mean, we love it. We love that people have been praised Agent Stone. It is funny, because his role in the first one was not even quite as big as it was in the movie in the script phase, but like Jim thought Lee [Majdoub] was so funny and kept calling him, he was like, “let’s get Lee in here. Robotnik should be saying this to Agent Stone.” When we saw that first movie, we were like, “man, this Agent Stone is just killing it. So we’ve got to put more of him in the second one.” The fans really, really embraced him. So that was the right decision. I love seeing all the Agent Stone fan art and stuff.

Josh Miller: If anything working on Sonic 3 was gratifying — I mean it should definitely be gratifying for Lee, but I mean to your initial point of this character who’s not from the canon, and as Pat was noting, the initial version of him in the script wasn’t even really that interesting. There just needed to be someone there for Robotnik to talk to. He was even an amalgam of two different characters, and they’re just like, “this should only be one actor.” But in the process of Sonic 2, we started working on it before the first movie came out. So Stone barely figured into Sonic 2 because we didn’t realize fans loved him so much. Then we’re like, ” oh we’ve got to cram Stone into 2.” So my my point being is that now Sonic 3 was the first one that we started talking about after already seeing the love of Stone. I think it should be gratifying for Lee that Stone was getting talked about at the same level as Knuckles and Tails. There was never a version of Sonic 3 that Stone wasn’t going to be in a core character of.

Source

• Thumbs Up 3