Awoo.

SSF1991

8 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That would be a good way to introduce the large cast to the movie verse without cramming them all in the movies.  However, I am concerned about whether or not a lot of people will watch this series, since it's supposed to air on Paramount + and I don't know if a lot of people have Paramount +

It is probable the reason the show exists is to get people to subscribe to Paramount+. Currently 5 Star Trek TV shows are being made by Paramount+ and it is literally to make enough Trek content so that a new Trek episode of some kind airs nearly almost every week of the year to keep the Trek watchers subscribed, rather than dip in and out. As it stands, what we are seeing is the streaming services competing to make their own shows that are worth subscribing for. If the "Sonic Movie Cinematic Universe" winds up actually working and being a thing, it will be a proud exclusive for Paramount+. Curious about the Knuckles TV show? Well you'll just have to subscribe for a month to watch it and see if you like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Paramount+ has over 32 million subscribers as of this month and is about to become the exclusive streaming home of South Park in 2025. This news COULD BE even bigger than we thought it was…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:18 AM, Red Hot Jack said:

While it's true, this is probably not the direction they are taking. I get the general preferences for classic themed stuff but it doesn't sound like the writers and director want Metal, because Shadow is more popular he might make more money plus he might get a big star casting.

Anyway, Shadow comes with a cool story, personality, sidekicks (Rouge mostly), Chaos Control powers, speed like Metal that matches Sonic, and a connection to Eggman.

I agree that this is a Robotnik story but they might tweak Shadow's story to fit into the narrative, I don't think Eggman will create Shadow because they won't change the game lore too much although with the quill, I'm pretty sure somebody will clone Sonic and the result will be Shadow. 

We know GUN is in 2, that gives away that they are using Adventure elements. The logo for 3 is red, placeholder yeah but still, it doesn't reveal much but the direction sounds like it's gonna lead to Shadow.

I don't know if I'd like both Metal Sonic and Shadowin the same movie, too many speedsters at the same time feels redundant. They would take away the hype from each other. I love both of them though, this is a tough choice.

What if Metal Sonic actually is in the second movie and will just come in as the final threat that the heroes have to come together in order to defeat (ex: Doomsday in BvS, Mecha Godzilla In Godzilla vs Kong)?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll say this much: I really, really, really wouldn't be happy if the Perfect Chaos arc from SA1 got shunted to streaming in order to make way for Shadow. I normally don't care about such things, but based off what I've seen of P+ Halo...

Cortan.jpg.bda86e899df4a4bf9428d5f1fb42cebc.jpg

...yeah, either do SA1 on a movie budget or don't do it at all, Paramount. Because y'all clearly need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I've been wondering about is if this going to be a fully Knuckles series or if it's like an anthology?

Its titled Sonic The Series after all so I wonder if Season 1 is Knuckles but Season 2 will focus on someone else. I also can't imagine it'd be a particularly long show I'd say maybe 8 or 10 episodes tops.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Something I've been wondering about is if this going to be a fully Knuckles series or if it's like an anthology?

Its titled Sonic The Series after all so I wonder if Season 1 is Knuckles but Season 2 will focus on someone else. I also can't imagine it'd be a particularly long show I'd say maybe 8 or 10 episodes tops.

I'm assuming it's going to be something like the Marvel shows where they are like miniseries rather than a full blown series.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Posted By: divaD

I have a bad, BAAAAD feeling they're going to introduce Shadow and try to adapt the Space Colony Ark-Storyline… pls not

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I wonder when we get some infos about the Knuckles spin-off show.

Depends on how well the sequel does in theaters.

I wonder if Sega will give Shadow more attention if he becomes too popular in the movie franchise. I would love to have another Shadow the Hedgehog game

5 hours ago, light-gaia said:

I wonder if Sega will give Shadow more attention if he becomes too popular in the movie franchise. I would love to have another Shadow the Hedgehog game

To be honest, I want a good Sonic game first

9 hours ago, light-gaia said:

Team Dark spin-off movie, when?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

To be honest, I want a good Sonic game first

Me too, but it's so annoying that Sonic has so many popular characters and they were so mishandled in recent years

27 minutes ago, light-gaia said:

Me too, but it's so annoying that Sonic has so many popular characters and they were so mishandled in recent years

I hear you. I especially dread what's going to happen to Tails in Frontiers!

On 2/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, Razule said:

Amy.

tbh I doubt they're adding Amy. Even in the games, Amy was more or less a side character whose main role was to chase sonic and attract female viewers. If this were an animated series that'd be one thing, but in a movie setting where you have to be more conservative with what characters you add due to time constraints thats not a good enough reason to showcase her. You could easily remove her from stories like Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure, or replace her with some other character in SA2 and the story overall would mostly operate the same without her. If anything, Silver might suit a Sonic CD adaptation better because he could be the hero of the bad future.

That being said, the Chaos Emeralds can already manipulate time, so you don't really need the timestone/little planet set-up to push the gist of Sonic CD's plotpoint.

I don't hate Amy but there's nothing she really adds to major plot points of the story and lore that make her a priority to be added imo. If she's implemented I want it to be because they found a niche for her to fill that she's good at. Not because she's an obligation or because they're resorting to cheap marketing gimmicks.

I’m looking forward to watching the Knuckles TV series. Because I really enjoyed watching Knuckles In the Sonic Movie 2 he was amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Anyone think there’s a chance we could get the Chaotix in the Knuckles show?

I could see that, but that's just a maybe.

I feel I have to burst everyone’s bubbly but tattooed and everywhere that lists the tv title has it has sonic the series

has everyone just went ahead because did they specifically said the show is about knuckles instead of him just being the first cast member confirmed?

5 hours ago, Leebo4 said:

I feel I have to burst everyone’s bubbly but tattooed and everywhere that lists the tv title has it has sonic the series

has everyone just went ahead because did they specifically said the show is about knuckles instead of him just being the first cast member confirmed?

Paramount+’s twitter said it.

On 2/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, phobs said:

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic 2 is now the highest grossing video game movie. I bet in the next few years, Sonic 3 will take the top spot.:

This might be a long shot but does anyone think Mighty being in the show might be a good idea?

9 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

This might be a long shot but does anyone think Mighty being in the show might be a good idea?

I'm not sure if they could get Mighty into the movies. They would have to bring in Ray also.