Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

I bet we will get the casting confirmation for Knuckles, Tails, that Randall dude, and probably some extra characters after the filming ends. Kinda weird that we didn't have any casting news before the filming begins.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I bet we will get the casting confirmation for Knuckles, Tails, that Randall dude, and probably some extra characters after the filming ends. Kinda weird that we didn't have any casting news before the filming begins.

I guess they are waiting until they wrap up the filming to announce the casting news.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I guess they are waiting until they wrap up the filming to announce the casting news.

Yeah, I agree. Usually movies reveal the cast before filming begins.

Anyway, here are some extra new photos that I found.:

• Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

The problem is that we can't leave the hanging thread of the Echidnas in the first movie. SA1 plots were the first on the scene, and Knuckles is likely to play a big factor in this second movie, we can't just outright leave that behind for later like Dr. Finetivus just suddenly showing back up in issue #160 after vanishing from his debut issues in Archie.

I agree that they need to tackle the Echidna story arc first before they dive into Shadow the Hedgehog's backstory.  There's just too much with Shadow's backstory that you can't explain in one movie where another character, like Knuckles and Tails, are set to debut.

9 hours ago, Natie said:

Seems like, whatever the plot, this film's gonna be even more chock full of fanservice references than the last film.

I just hope that the sequel actually attempts to explain these fanservice characters, like G.U.N and Knuckles, instead of just shoving them into the film just because they are fan favorite characters.  There are still a lot of movie goers who have never played a Sonic game before and therefore, don't know who these characters are.  So, the film would need to do a good job at developing these characters for the audience to get into.

• Thumbs Up 3

Loving the suit and look of Eggman, plus Carrey nails the attitude and gestures, but yeah I guess there might be a ladder and he's getting taken by a helicopter, same as Agent Stone. So... is Eggman behind GUN?

I'm not sure, I thought the government was quitting with Robotnik after the first movie, but he's clearly the head of GUN in my opinion, I know it makes little sense but maybe they don't want badniks and prefer realistic weapons? Kinda sucks if true. Just throwing theories here.

It's gotta be red with CGI, no way there is no red in there after that was his color for half of last movie.

I also hope he keeps the voice (from the post credits scene). I know he was clearly impersonating Mike Pollock and that's nothing original, but fuck me if that wasn't great. "-C'mon, that's hilarious!"

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Jack-al said:

Loving the suit and look of Eggman, plus Carrey nails the attitude and gestures, but yeah I guess there might be a ladder and he's getting taken by a helicopter, same as Agent Stone. So... is Eggman behind GUN?

I'm not sure, I thought the government was quitting with Robotnik after the first movie, but he's clearly the head of GUN in my opinion, I know it makes little sense but maybe they don't want badniks and prefer realistic weapons? Kinda sucks if true. Just throwing theories here.

I am pretty sure he is still person non grata, he still left behind his van and all the other stuff he built so I think the government took possession of it and used it to build gun

• Thumbs Up 2

I can't put into words the joy seeing a bald, moustached Jim Carrey on set has given me. I am so excited for this sequel.

• Thumbs Up 3

Now the big question here is, how did Robotnik come back from the Mushroom Planet to Earth?  Did Knuckles help him escape the Mushroom Planet or did he find a Chaos Emerald on the Mushroom Planet?

• Thumbs Up 1

Adam Pally had already finished filming his scenes. This probably means that Wade will have a minor role again.:

Also, found these.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Awww...I was hoping to see more of Wade in the sequel.  But, I can understand if they are focusing the sequel on other locations besides Green HIlls.

More filming. Tom yelled Sonic. Going to assume that this is going to be a scene after Eggman kidnap Sonic.:

• Thumbs Up 3

It could also be a situation where Sonic ran after someone. Maddie and Tom are running from inside the coffee shop. I wouldn't be surprised if Agent Stone (remember he makes good lattes) ended up working there or something. That is just me speculating though without any further evidence.

But yeah, there could be another situation where Sonic chases after a bad guy or something after something happens in the coffee shop or he could be kidnapped. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the direction of the stand in. Can't wait to see the final one. 

So yeah, now we definitely know Knuckles is here. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I bet that scene that they are filming will be in the end of the movie. Eggman takes Agent Stone and kidnap Sonic. Knuckles become good and help Tails and Sonic's human friends to rescue him.

Also, here's one more photo.:

EzdA3xpXoAAGMjt?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Thumbs Up 2

If that's the real deal, it's a good look for him. He's a bit big maybe, but you can glean a lot from his character from the design. I like it.

• Thumbs Up 4

The GUN truck is giving me vibes that they might trying to shoehorn Shadow into this too :V