Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

So Activision is making another Turtles beat 'em up, except this one is actually based off of the show.

Activision has announced a four-player co-op, side-scrolling brawler based on Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV show. Developed by Magic Pockets and titled simply Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the game is coming to Xbox 360, Wii, and 3DS "later this year."

Earlier this year, Activision revealed it would release a trio of TMNT games. This marks the second of the year, following August's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.

Casey Jones was recently revealed for season two of TMNT. Perhaps he'll play a role in the game as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/19/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-game-based-on-nickelodeon-show-revealed

Looks good, but that's an odd choice of consoles.

Edited by NGw00d
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Why did the Kraang need April?

Because she has some kind of special sensitivity that is rare in the universe. don'taskmeIdidn'twritethisshit

I don't know, it's never explained why or how she has it, but they had better for next season as well as whether or not she's even human for it.

Because she has some kind of special sensitivity that is rare in the universe. don'taskmeIdidn'twritethisshit

I don't know, it's never explained why or how she has it, but they had better for next season as well as whether or not she's even human for it.

Well, could be worse...

Mirage April turned out to be a drawing brought to life when her father used the same crystal Kirby would be seen using in the Donatello one-shot.

They never did that great a job really explaining that whole sub-plot in the first season Nick series though, so hopefully it is explored more in the future. It seems like kind of a lame way to heighten her importance though--she can be important and interesting member of the cast without being the center of a conspiracy. Criticisms aside, the first season of the Nick show was solid and well-done overall, so I'm looking forward to seeing how season 2 picks up from it.

Oh, I've heard about that story.

Is it the same one where she was a cockroach for a short period of time and actually had sex with other cockroaches? I've never read it myself but quite frankly, I don't think I want to.

I think IDW takes the cake in the weirdest moments- they turtles and splinter were actually humans back in feudal Japan and were reincarnated into an ordinary rat and ordinary turtles in stockmans lab Anyways season 1 of tmnt is actually pretty good I hope they improve with some of their flaws in season 2

Oh, I've heard about that story.

Is it the same one where she was a cockroach for a short period of time and actually had sex with other cockroaches? I've never read it myself but quite frankly, I don't think I want to.

That's... a new one. First I've heard that.

Granted, the bit I brought up was something that Laird made up years after the fact (during the vol. 4 era when the 4Kids series was in full swing) and I'm only now getting into the early Mirage stuff, so I don't know the details other than what I've read elsewhere. When it comes down to it, it's sort of the same situation of just trying too hard to make her interesting as in the Nick cartoon. April can be a really interesting character without needing to be the center of a conspiracy or having a weird origin story. It's why love the current IDW series, sure she's, by coincidence, involved in the Turtles' origin, and she's interesting without the need for some odd quirk thrown into the mix.

I think IDW takes the cake in the weirdest moments- they turtles and splinter were actually humans back in feudal Japan and were reincarnated into an ordinary rat and ordinary turtles in stockmans lab

I honestly love IDW's reimagining of the Turtles. I love how much more deeply connected Splinter's and the Turtles' and Shredder's histories are, rather than it simply being "well, our master told us we have to kill you, so we're gonna kill you." And the thing is, it actually works. Sure, parts of it play out a bit like a soap opera (and, let's be real, that's comics for you in general), but damn if it doesn't make for an entertaining read every month. You've got the best of pretty much all incarnations coming into play while it's still largely its own thing.

Edited by Zaysho

Absolutely! IDW has quickly become one of my favorite takes on the turtles! Second only to the original movie trilogy, for nostalgic reasons...

Absolutely! IDW has quickly become one of my favorite takes on the turtles! Second only to the original movie trilogy, for nostalgic reasons...
Didn't the third one suck? But I agree IDW tmnt is actually good I'm waiting for the city fall trade and bebop and rocksteady mini series

I like it, but yeah, I suppose it's pretty bad. Then again, I like the Super Mario Bros, movie, so maybe I just have crap taste.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like it, but yeah, I suppose it's pretty bad. Then again, I like the Super Mario Bros, movie, so maybe I just have crap taste.

I dunno, I don't hate TMNT III personally, but I don't care for it much either. The biggest strikes against it are the inferior animatronics and some of the writing, but as a concept it's not bad per se. It's largely inoffensive, same with the fourth movie (which I think could've had some mad potential as a "City at War" style story). Also, I'll freely admit because of movie 3 I have a bit of a soft spot for the songs "Tarzan Boy" and "Rockin' Over the Beat," but that's beside the point.

• 3 weeks later...

TMNT is back on October 12th! That means the cool guys can enjoy some toitles after getting their Pokeymanz. Included in the article is a preview clip from "The Mutation Situation" and this new promo image:

130926mag-teenage-mutant1_610x1005.jpg

Needless to say, I'm excited to see what this season brings. Y'know, besides an appearance by the one and only MOTHATRUCKIN' Slash.

• Thumbs Up 5

I hated this show since it came out because of the weird style it's in and I wasn't impressed by the previews at all. But somebody left the tv on while I was working in the living room a few weeks ago and I ended up watching a few episodes. I actually really like it! I'm still not fond of the style, but the plots are very interesting and I like all of the characters (besides Dogpound, ugh).

On a semi-related note, I found this the other day and unfortunately didn't have money to buy it. Guys, it's Leonardo!

0qpt.jpg

It would have been perfect displayed next to my Yogi Bear figure that's labeled as Fred Flinstone.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody see the new episode?

Nope. Too busy with X, I forgot about it. It will re-air it again for the rest of the weekend though, so no big deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anybody see the new episode?

Caught it this morning. It was alright. There are parts of it I like, but then there was one aspect that's had me rolling my eyes.

This series tries to find too many excuses to turn people into mutants. Remember how Bradford became Dogpound? He touched/got bitten by Shredder's dog which mysteriously never appeared again? They gave Shredder a dog just so they could find a way to mutate a guy and then quickly forgot about it. Xever just

happened to be handling a fish before he got turned into Fishface. This episode, Kirby O'Neil. It's one thing that the mutagen dropped on him, but bats suddenly appear out of nowhere? I have a hard time believing there are bats just chilling everywhere in NY. It's one thing to introduce more mutants, but it all just feels too forced for my taste. Was even the Fred Wolf cartoon this mutant crazy? At least IDW is making sense with it and using mutants sparingly.

I did enjoy that the whole "Mutation Situation" was the Turtles' fault though and how it's become a much more personal issue because someone they personally know is now involved, especially since they spent most of last season trying to save the guy.

I can accept a lot of things and suspend my disbelief more than you think, but it's not hard to feel like the excess of mutants in this show is forced at times. I am looking forward to when Slash appears this season though.

Edited by Zaysho

Though I haven't seen the episode yet, one thing I knew about for a while was

Kirby becoming a mutant bat. It's kind of disappointing for me since while he's clearly not meant to be an important character anyway, it kind of bothers me that he gets constantly put in distressing situations and needs to be saved more so than April herself. Throughout Season 1, he's been held captive by the Kraang, then as soon as he gets rescued, it's "Oh no! He's being controlled by the Shredder to hand-deliver April!" So consider me a tad annoyed when I first heard he'd be mutated this Season. It's like the writers couldn't come up anything interesting with him unless it involves putting him into some drama just so we could have April angst over him and one less father-figure to compete with Splinter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

So want to have your first look at the movie designs?

Mind you this is a costume, but it does give you a look at how they'll be in the movie:

tmnt-movie-costume-michel-530x1024.jpg

crying.jpg

So want to have  your first look at the movie designs?

*places a hand on your shoulder*

But... Sunglasses! Sunglasses are cool!

• Thumbs Up 3

So want to have  your first look at the movie designs?

Mind you this is a costume, but it does give you a look at how they'll look in the movie:

tmnt-movie-costume-michel-530x1024.jpg

I thought it was fake at first, but seeing as the url is the official site.

crying.jpg

The first live action movie was silly looking, but at least the turtles looked like turtles.

This just looks stupid period.

I can't believe they're going the 'realistic' route again after the 2007 movie, it's like if Sonic Team tried it again after Sonic 06.

Oh well, movie can get damned.

The first live action movie was silly looking, but at least the turtles looked like turtles.

This just looks stupid period.

More importantly, they looked like THE turtles. God Bless Henson and his workshop.

So aside from hideous Bay abominations has there been any info on the current season of the show? It's been over a month since the last new episode aired.