Awoo.

Sonic Christmas Blast DVD to be out in the UK

bcdcdude

Dunno if this has been mentioned already, but I got an e-mail from Amazon saying that Sonic Christmas Blast will be out next week (26/10). hmv.com has 2 different editions - the 1 disc edition for £3.99 or 2 discs for £5.99. The second disc has 4 episodes from AoStH - 1.Over the Hill Hero 2.Blank Headed Eagle 3.The Mystery of the Missing Hi-tops 4. So Long Sucker - enjoy :D

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=-5243611083783052167&pGroupID=0&adultFlag=false&primaryID=0&simpleSearchString=sonic+christmas+blast

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bcdcdude

• bmn

• eXtaticus

• Tornado

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would you need a SECOND DISC for four episodes of AoStH?

Has the world gone mad, or am I missing a consumerist trick here?

Aww dammit! Only last night did I buy the region 1 version which I can't even watch due to my DVD player only accepting region 2 disks (I guess). >.>

Thank GOD! I don't think Sonic Christmas Blast ever premiered in the UK on Channel 4, nor was it released on video. While I'm also quizzical as to why we need TWO discs for the AOSTH episodes when one is suffice, at least they are ones that (to my knowledge) weren't on video too. I wonder if they'll keep the "Sonic Says" bits at the end of those episodes, or perhaps stuff them together as a sort of makeshift 'special feature'?

Sonic Christmas Blast? Really? Ehh, I don't remember it being that good, but oh well. If you ever wanted to see a SatAM character alongside Scratch and Grounder, this'd be the video.

Why the hell would you need a SECOND DISC for four episodes of AoStH?

Has the world gone mad, or am I missing a consumerist trick here?

Well, four episodes is about in the ballpark to fill a DVD5 with 8Mbit/s video. Considering a lot of movies don't use the whole 8Mbit/s in order to fit a longer movie on, it'd be a bit overkill, but what do you expect for something that's 4 squid on release?

I wonder if they'll keep the "Sonic Says" bits at the end of those episodes, or perhaps stuff them together as a sort of makeshift 'special feature'?

The UK AoStH boxset does indeed contain Sonic Says, though I can't say for sure for Christmas blast.

Well, four episodes is about in the ballpark to fill a DVD5 with 8Mbit/s video. Considering a lot of movies don't use the whole 8Mbit/s in order to fit a longer movie on, it'd be a bit overkill, but what do you expect for something that's 4 squid on release?

Put the "HD" in poorly-animated SDTV.

:lol:

I'm actually surprised about this. I would have expected the special to be shoehorned into one of the AoStH boxsets rather than released separately.

Edited by Tornado