Awoo.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

pooshoes

OK, this is flat out hilarious.

Famitsu would have given this game a perfect score, buuuut, Square Enix botched the localization. Sort version: It has a pretty terrible dub, takes a few creative liberties with the translation, and doesn't have an option to use English voices.

XD

Well at least we Americans don't sound so crazy now in wanting to listen to forgein media in its original language.

Taking liberties with the translation is a good thing, as long as it adds to the experience and doesn't change the story. I think so anyway, I don't like english translations where all the jokes/references only make sense to a Japanese person, and I'm sure they'd feel the same way in reverse.

Edit: Good = Ace Attorney, Bad = .hack//

There's an explanation of the whole thing here.

Edited by Gerkuman

Taking liberties with the translation is a good thing, as long as it adds to the experience and doesn't change the story. I think so anyway, I don't like english translations where all the jokes/references only make sense to a Japanese person, and I'm sure they'd feel the same way in reverse.
Changing "no russian" as in the language to "no russians" as in "kill fucking everyone" kind of misses the point, though.

Changing "no russian" as in the language to "no russians" as in "kill fucking everyone" kind of misses the point, though.

Frankly, I never understood what he meant by "No Russian" in the first place. Did he mean "No Russian left alive" or something like that?

Frankly, I never understood what he meant by "No Russian" in the first place. Did he mean "No Russian left alive" or something like that?

When Makarov says "No Russian" he means not to speak the russian language so that they dont know it was a russian terrorist attack.

When Makarov says "No Russian" he means not to speak the russian language so that they dont know it was a russian terrorist attack.

yeah, exactly.

Although seeing as Makarov is a notorious terrorist before that, it's some wonder they didn't spot him on a security camera or something.

I'm going to guess that the route they planned and took through the airport was very carefully chosen because they knew there were no security cameras in those areas that would catch their faces.

I really hate these Javelin glitchers. Even with MS promising day-long bans for them there are some there who persistently use the tactic - to great effect, admittedly - and spoil the game for everyone. Even the Dual 1887 dicks. I file complaints whenever I identify Javelin Glitchers, as should all of you. :P

I've never met any Javalin glitchers but I have run into a couple of Duel 1887 users, It annys me o much becasue when I pick a gun I generally go for the gun that I like in look or I've found fun in other games (Famas - MGS, Ranger - It's a DB Shotgun, what's not to like) and I really enjoy the look and animations of the 1887, Please make it worse so I don't feel guilty about using it (And I don't get pissed off everytime I'm killed with it)

Edited by β∟۩∑F۝۞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been confirmed on the Xbox 360/PC and there are a few claims that it's occured on the PS3 too.

So I thought that I should post this since a lot of people still play this game and this is quite a big issue if indeed it's 100% the way people say...

Basically a group of people made a topic over at the official MW2 forums and told a story that sounded too fantastic to be believed. They claimed that they went into a game against a clan that were all 10th level prestige, when the match started the other team left their postition and just stood on the map doing nothing... Then strange things started to happen, like one guy shoots one dude with the sniper rifle... suddenly 3 different people on the enemy team die.

When the match ended... they were horrified to discover that their XP had not increased... but decreased! By tens of thousands!

Whilst emblems and awards were still their, all their guns and accessories were no more, all locked.

The community demanded pics or video or it didn't happen... Over the next few days a few more people said that they had been victim of this...

Two videos have now come to light of this, they both show the results screens and the whole teams ranks reduced and their weapons now locked... interestingly, some weapons show the lock icon but say 'new' over the top of them as if they're unlocked.

So anyway... thought you should know if you still care about the game....

lol.

Source

Edited by Casanova

I continue to be impressed by the idiocy of people who haven't played the game. Perhaps it's just because I moved on to other things before Christmas and long before this fresh lot of trouble, but from my experience the game is a great, unbroken one; the singleplayer is singularly epic, varied and exciting in a world of comparatively dull, mediocre shooters, and the multiplayer is still good believe it or not. The problem of people losing exp is not a widespread one, and while it's no less serious for that, a vast majority of people continue to be able to finish games with unlocks intact. Now that the issue has been brought to the fore, I don't think it'll be long before a fix is issued. Indeed, the PC version has already been patched up in response to this.

Oh yeah, and XBL has 30 days of DLC exclusivity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/microsoft-clarifies-mod-war-2-dlc-deal

DLC maps leaked?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19365124&postcount=23087

Looks like the recently leaked future map pack/s content is real...

For those that don't know the following files were found...

•mp_abandon

•mp_compact

•mp_complex

•mp_dcwh

•mp_revolt

•mp_storm

cod 4 maps!

•mp_crash

•mp_overgrown

•mp_shipment

•mp_Vacant

Below is a video of the dude who had his video taken off from Youtube and had his XBL account banned...WTF right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOw7fzi1so&feature=sub

the singleplayer is singularly epic, varied and exciting in a world of comparatively dull, mediocre shooters, and the multiplayer is still good believe it or not.

In hindsight, i've found the singleplayer to be trying far too hard to be awesome. The pacing is ok, but not brilliant.

Multiplayer however is dreadful compared to CoD4. The majority of the additions from CoD4 we're either unnecessary or just badly thought out. The maps aren't well designed and most of them allows for one playstyle to dominate. None of them really grabbed me in the way that Overgrown, Ambush or Crash ever did.

IWNet was also far, far worse than I ever thought it would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I miss the maps from CoD4 as well, and whilst I feel multiplayer at the moment has some serious balance issues, at it's core it's not a bad game.

I miss the maps from CoD4 as well, and whilst I feel multiplayer at the moment has some serious balance issues, at it's core it's not a bad game.

Nope, just a highly overrated one. I'm sorry but Game of the year... Just no comments about that one...

This is what happens when joker plays MW2....

Edited by Shadic the 360

Holy crap! I just got stuck by a semtex but got the game winning kill before it went off, so it exploded in my face but I didn't die.

The Modern Warfare 2 failure machine was in full swing last week.

A patch was due to be released last week which was designed to fix a bunch of features... mainly exploits such as unlimited care packages, XP gaining exploits and a few other things.

However... the patch was accidentally released early in Europe... and many people who downloaded it discovered that it did indeed fix those problems... this was due to the patch also removing the main cause of the glitch...

That being... the ability to play online... Yes thats right... The patch removes the online aspect of the game, anyone who downloaded it is now unable to play Modern Warfare 2 online until a new patch is ready... or... unless they delete all their game data. The patch has now been removed and a new patch is in the works... so all those glitches are once again still being used.

Source

.... There seems to be only one way to respond to such an epic failure.

• Thumbs Up 1