Distribute by Avex Marketing

Release date: Nov.18, 2009

Price: 2500 JPY (Tax included)

[Amazon.co.jp]

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002FLIGJ4/

[CD Japan - They carry CDs to overseas]

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WWCA-31207

Coming out Nov. 18th!

"Fire Woman"? New release? Hey, sounds like a theme song for the "Super Fire Witch Kitty" to me!

Anyone going to pick this album up?

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well colour me very excited. I'll probably consider this the unofficial official theme song of Blaze (much like Howard Drossin's "Metal Sonic" from the Virtual Sonic album) if the lyrics seem to fit. Can't wait for the other new content too. Wonder how they'll interpret Un-Gravitify.

• Thumbs Up 2

NOOOOO. Why must C40 do shit half assed covers of all the themes they didn't do? His World? Shit. Seven Rings in Hand? Shit. Crush 40's Ungravitify? Probably going to be shit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 3

I am not looking forward to Crush 40's version of Ungravitfy...Their Secret Rings cover sucked, but I liked His World...I'll prolly listen to all the new songs on Youtube before I consider buying the CD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Where "It Doesn't Matter"(SA1 version)? It's Sonics first vocal theme (Character, not game) isn't it? It was a great song and fitted(Is this a word..It sounds weird o.O) to Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am not looking forward to Crush 40's version of Ungravitfy...Their Secret Rings cover sucked, but I liked His World...I'll prolly listen to all the new songs on Youtube before I consider buying the CD.

Yo, Foxwhisker! I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Crush 40 had the best version of Seven Rings in Hand of all time. Of all time!

Still, I fail to see how they'll top Cashell's Ungravitify. Nonetheless, I may well acquire this fine product. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

Where "It Doesn't Matter"(SA1 version)? It's Sonics first vocal theme (Character, not game) isn't it? It was a great song and fitted(Is this a word..It sounds weird o.O) to Sonic.

That song already appeared on his previous album, "True Blue" which was specifically arranged to feature Sonic's tracks. This one is for everyone else, and more.

That song already appeared on his previous album, "True Blue" which was specifically arranged to feature Sonic's tracks. This one is for everyone else, and more.

Well, that sucks. That CD is sold out on Play-Asia... Is it ever coming back in stock anywhere? Or is it not being reprinted?

That song already appeared on his previous album, "True Blue" which was specifically arranged to feature Sonic's tracks. This one is for Shadow and Sonic.

Fix'd.

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason why "It Doesn't Matter" isn't on there is because it's not by Crush 40 but by Tony Harnell. Jun had a hand in it, but if you don't have both Jun and Johnny, it's not Crush 40. They put it on the original Crush 40 CD as nothing more than a bonus track.

I called Crush 40 doing an Un-gravitify cover the day the original song came out and I can not wait to hear it. I doubt it will be as good as the original, because Cashell's version is one my all-time favorites. I'm really interested in those original tracks, too.

And a new mix of "I Am... All Of Me"? Color me curious. Is it really a new version or a remaster like "Live & Learn" and "What I'm Made Of..."? Either way, I'll be happy. I'm just glad they gave it the #1 track on the CD, since it's probably my favorite.

Edited by Snatcher2047

Hm, interesting.

Definitely interested in the new tracks and mixes.

I'm wondering if 'Fire Woman' is based off Blaze's theme in Sonic and the Black Knight...

Not really. This album is just a compilation of Crush 40's best Sonic songs. The album compiling songs for other characters is "True Colors" (which should be released in December I think).

I actually like pretty much all of Crush 40's covers. In my opinion, the only cover that doesn't top the original is With Me. Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to the new Un-Gravitify. Maybe this time I can actually order the album myself, now that I have a job... ^^ Fire Woman also sounds interesting... Maybe it possibly is intended to be an "official" (or unofficial) theme song for Blaze.

NOOOOO. Why must C40 do shit half assed covers of all the themes they didn't do? His World? Shit. Seven Rings in Hand? Shit. Crush 40's Ungravitify? Probably going to be shit.

Actually, if I recall His World, I heard something about Crush 40 and Zebrahead recording different versions and the developers chosing the one they thought fit best.

I'm indifferent to both Crush 40's versions of Seven Rings and His World. They're just as good as their originals but on different accounts.

That said I totally loved Un-Gravitify and cant wait to see what the mix will sound like.

Edited by Oni-Tan

I'm really curious how on earth they're going to get a guitar solo in Un-Gravitify, or infact any of their trademark style at all. It is quite a task, and it may not "fit the bill" as well as the original track did; but I'm sure it will be very enjoyable.

It's a very good tracklist though, covers all necessary ground and even throws in a few of their own. (Revvin' Up being one I always thought would work great for a Sonic game)

Speaking of His World, I maintain that unless it sounds like the E3 version, then it can screw right off.

I really wish they'd make a full length version of that with lyrics already. I'll throw it in my pipe dream along with a Live and Learn that sounds like "SA2"

Hmmm... About whether this "Fire Woman" is meant to be a theme for Blaze, notice how in the list of tracks on the album, that song comes right after all of Crush 40's non-Sonic related songs. I think this might be an indication that's it not supposed to be Sonic related, and that the pussycat princess thus have keep struggling on without a themesong for the foreseeable future.

Edited by batson

Since Jun is allowing pre-orders for his own best-of album, it would make sense that he would do the same for the best of Crush 40. I'll let you guys know if that's the case.

The new mix of Open Your Heart is going to be a remaster similar to Live and Learn off True Blue.

'Fitted' is not a word, it's just fit... though actually I don't think it did fit Sonic ecspecially "I don't show off, I don't critizise" part, that's practially all Sonic does.

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing some of the covers and new mixes, ecspecially Knight of the Wind. Generally I'm not that big of Crush 40 fan usually only really liking one of their songs per game (usually the main theme, except for Heroes) but all their songs in Black Knight were fantastic.

I doubt this 'Fire Woman' is anything related to Blaze but it would be so awesome if it were based off that 'Knight of the Grail' song from Black Knight, though I think Richard Jaques composed all the cut scene music for that game.

I doubt this 'Fire Woman' is anything related to Blaze but it would be so awesome if it were based off that 'Knight of the Grail' song from Black Knight, though I think Richard Jaques composed all the cut scene music for that game.

Actually, Jun Senoue composed that track so it very well might be.

I will definitely be buying this CD one way or another. The two new tracks and cover song have me automatically sold, and there are also plenty of remastered tracks! Cannot wait to hear them, especially the remastered version of "I Am... All of Me" (amazing song, but always needed more percussion... and a guitar solo, but that is unlikely for just a remastering) as well as "Knight of The Wind" (the guitar in that song always seemed just a little bit fuzzy, and I've always blamed poor engineering for that).

I remember when "Live & Learn" was released, I couldn't help but feel it sounded poorly mastered. TRUE BLUE fixed that problem, so I'm hoping "I Am... All Of Me" gets a similar treatment, because I always felt about it the same as I did about "Live & Learn".

Hey I liked their version of His World better than that emo Zebrahead band. They sound like a prepubescent Linkin Park. Ugh. At least the Crush 40 version has balls.

This CD is gonna rule. L&L desperately needed to be remastered.

• Thumbs Up 1