Awoo.

Mirror's Edge

eXtaticus

And 90% of the time, my jumps were missed due to idiotic collision detection errors; I was left watching in horror as red pipes whizzed past Faith's nose, left screaming in horror as the grab function failed TIME AND TIME AGAIN, and left gasping in horror at the fact that I could only see in front of me - to fully take in my surroundings requires huge breaks in the flow to look around with a supremely flawed camera, and risk being shot by villains with 100 times more fire power than me...

Of course, the collision detection gripes don't end there; on a few stages, I had to continuously run into KNEE-HIGH walls for at least 5 seconds each, as the game refused to register the fact that I wanted to jump over the fucking things. I could go on further, but I'll assume that you get the point already...

No. I don't get the point. Because what you're saying makes no sense. I'm no pro at Mirror's Edge either, but I know damn well that when I fail a mission, chances are it's my fault. Everything you've said has pointed to the fact that you're blaming the game for your failure to grasp the controls, how it's supposed to be played, etc.

Yes, the villains have 100 times more firepower. That's why the game repeatedly tells you to avoid enemies whenever you possibly can. The objective of the game isn't to waste every guy shooting you on screen and then make your way to the next checkpoint like other first-person games. If it was, the game would say so. It's about getting from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible with the least number of mishaps.

If you're constantly dying, missing jumps, getting killed by baddies and whatever else.. you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1