Awoo.

If you had 3 wishes (altruist edition)

MetalSkulkBane

So I think we all fantasize this sometimes, right? How to squeeze maximum profit from 3 wishes. Do I ask to be rich or just very talented and thus I'll be rich. Superpowers, knowledge, love, heath, skills, etc.

But we rarely consider making altruistic wishes (gimme a break, I'm just fantasizing here). And the more I think about it, the more terrified I get what I would do if I really had genie lamp. Curing all diseases or hunger means gigantic unemployment. Ending all wars would mean that every tyranny will stay in power for ever. And I don't think I have to explain how immortality would mess us up.

So if you had 3 wishes that you must use in altruistic way, what would you ask for?

(Obviously we pretend you can't ask for infinite wishes/lamps/power of genie/ anything smart-ass like that)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MetalSkulkBane

• Sonicstitch

• Simasuu

• StephTheFox

1. I want to see how the Universe was born.

2. I want to know WHAT REALLY has happened in our past.

3. I wish I had proof of both of these subjects.

Then, I would start explaining.

6 hours ago, Angyu said:

Can I wish for capitalism to be gone forever? Or for oppressive power structures to never have existed?

Have you heard of monkey paw? The magical artifact that fulfills wishes in worst way possible?

Removing capitalism might mean that communism would rule or something worse.

If no structures existed then world would be in chaos... which would lead to human creating structures again.

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Have you heard of monkey paw? The magical artifact that fulfills wishes in worst way possible?

Removing capitalism might mean that communism would rule or something worse.

If no structures existed then world would be in chaos... which would lead to human creating structures again.

Okay so I'd refine the wish and wish for Social-Democracy like Scandinavian countries have. It isn't a perfect system but it's a lot better than what much of the world has. A lot of very far lefties still have beef with social democracy systems but they'll never be satisfied so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So you're saying that racism and sexism had to exist?

I;m saying that you didn't used words like "racism and sexism", so I wasn't sure  what you meant. But yeah, world without discrimination sounds like a good wish that's hard to mess up.

Other idea sounds nice, but I don't feel competent enough in politics to judge.

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I;m saying that you didn't used words like "racism and sexism", so I wasn't sure  what you meant. But yeah, world without discrimination sounds like a good wish that's hard to mess up.

Other idea sounds nice, but I don't feel competent enough in politics to judge.

It just means having taxes go to actual useful things so citizens of the world don't get stuck paying ungodly amounts for healthcare, education, etc.

Oh and public transit needs to be better.

• 2 months later...

1. I wish for the deconstruction of Capitalism and Communism, instead reinstating it with Social Democracy which has a focus on increasing everyone's standard of living while preventing any one person or entity to hold an obscene amount of wealth and/or create a theoretical or literal monopoly of any industry which will hopefully encourage local businesses to be able to not only spread, but leave more gaps in the market for new local businesses to fill. (A product, entity or person is deemed as a theoretical monopoly when they're the only known product, entity or person in the industry, the first product or  business that comes to mind to 95% of people in a country's census or become so widely known to the point of the product or business changing the very day to day language humanity speaks EG "I'll google it". If this occurs, then the product or business is still allowed to operate as normal, except it donates a percentage of it's profit to charity or back to the local government which is calculated of either the percentage of market share the product or business has over 75% or if that requirement isn't reached, the percentage difference from the product or business in question to the second highest product or business's market share. If a person makes over $480,000 annually or is in possession of over $1.5 million (including all debit accounts and amount received if the person in question was to sell their shares of a business) , then they must donate any amount above this limit to a charity of their choice or local government. Businesses can't have over $500 Million in their bank and over $500 Million in assets other than bank, any earned over that will be provided to a charity of their choice or the local government. Also within this social democracy, Charities are unable to be made for the primary or secondary purpose of being a runoff for any of the above mentioned scenarios for those affected to simply siphon the money back into their accounts through the illusion of a charity and all businesses (this includes churches and all other businesses where the aim is to make a profit) and people who earn over $50,000 must pay tax, no loopholes, no exceptions.

2. Discrimination of any kind ceases to exist.

3. Everyone gains Altruistic values while still allowing a bit of freedom for one to be slightly selfish as being greedy is a human trait, and to deny that would be cruel.

1.World Peace ( hey probably won't happen. but it's nice to dream right?)

2. Fix the console wars ( as in stop Sega from losing) (die-hard Sonic fan)

3. Fix every single mistake my biological parents made. (This one is probably a long shot too considering my dad is a worst idiot than me)