Awoo.

Interesting Sonic comic find

-Mark-

Robotnik is a dick. That is all.

Also somebody posted up this quite disturbing cover long ago on their DeviantArt page (remember, DeviantArt is not Livejournal or Photobucket! ) which made me question how the hell they got this past the censors back then:

a_somewhat_disturbing_cover____by_needlemousehedgehog-d412yr9.jpg

Oh right, it's from Australia. The land of punching marsupials. Never mind...

Oh hahaha what the hell is wrong with my country? First we have that icecream ad where Sonic and Tails screw lightbulbs into Robotnik's ears and electrocute him and now this! We're messed up.

Robotnik is a dick. That is all.

Also somebody posted up this quite disturbing cover long ago on their DeviantArt page (remember, DeviantArt is not Livejournal or Photobucket! ) which made me question how the hell they got this past the censors back then:

Oh right, it's from Australia. The land of punching marsupials. Never mind...

OMG!

Thats something that Sonic Gear has been looking for for years! At least I think that they're still looking for it!

To the Batmobile!

Yeah, I couldn't find an English one. No sultry Adam West voice for us.

I think that the free poster was indeed that cover!

Been after it for months myself, it's just so darn cool!

• 4 weeks later...

That 'script' is really really awkward.

"Cosmically close! Almost cheesed it...but those metal monkeys had their cocunuts!" Urrrghhh...

EDIT: Oops, looks like a bump, I swore it wasn't that far from the top...

Edited by Mysterics

• 8 months later...

What a bump this is, but I've just found a load of these from my Sonic collection that was packed away in the loft. I think I may have a complete collection, if anyone's interested in me posting them?

I think I may have a complete collection, if anyone's interested in me posting them?

i may check them out if you post them.

Forgot to post this here. Picked up another strip not so long ago myself:

2r2tc0k.png

(from July 24, 1994)

I also got in touch with Richard Elson and he confirmed that he did indeed draw them (and believes they were coloured by John Burns who also worked on STC) and told me they were written by Barrie Tomlinson, who edited the yearbooks. He also said that he worked on them for the best part of a year.

The earliest strip I've found so far is from April 1994, and none of the late 1993 issues I've found contained anything Sonic-related so that narrows down when they started.

Just got an issue from June 1995 this week and whilst there was no Sonic strip, the replacement was Judge Dredd (which amazed me as I didn't know those existed either!) and it appeared to be the beginning of a storyline based off the 1995 film. Considering the latest Sonic one I've tracked down myself was from March 1995, it must have finished not long after that if the Dredd strip is anything to go by.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_m8k9z8BHDH1rvf24qo1_1280.jpgSo I've finally got around to archiving all of these. I've photoshopped a few (slightly) & filled in a few gaps in some of the stories with others I've found online (only 3 or 4.).

I believe this is the most complete collection available, Though there are a few gaps, especially in the first & last stories.

I found out back in 1999 that Richard Elson did these (he sent me a letter) but I didn't discover this topic until recently.

Here's my tumblr. Enjoysmile.png

Edited by hypermikey
  • Thumbs Up 1