Awoo.

SUICIDE SQUAD KILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (Rocksteady)

Wraith

Confirmed several times by various outlets, but it's finally been properly announced by Rocksteady themselves. More to come at DC fandome on the 22nd. 

Rumors swirling in the past years regarding this title point to it being a multiplayer, GAAS experience designed to compete with Marvel's Avengers. The teaser also confirms rumors about the premise we heard earlier this year. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-yes-batman-arkham-developer-rocksteady-is-making-a-suicide-squad-game

I've heard that one particular phrase registered as a domain - "SuicideSquadKillTheJusticeLeague.com" - is a contender for the game's final title, and a good summation of what you can expect Rocksteady's next big project to be about.

So...get ready to fight the League, I guess?

If i can beat the shit out of everyone as Deathstroke it's worth every penny for me, lmao

It's nice to see both the project still being alive and that Rocksteady is finally able to show something after 5 years of almost total silence.

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s neat to see this finally confirmed, given it’s been coming since Origins.

If this is confirmed, it also means Gotham Knights is definitely happening, since both that and this game was being rumoured at the same time.

Well color me interested. Not keen on the rumors of this being any sort of gaas game though as Marvel's little outing has really been souring that idea.

Overall, it's a cool premise that I hope RS can nail after being MIA all this time. Really excited to see what they can do this far off of AK.

Oh boy, another loot shooter. We don't have enough of those. 

Might be my imagination, but Superman's skin looks a little weird. Really hope they don't do another evil (corrupted) Superman. How about a normal one for once?

Unless it's Bizarro? Which is fine then...

I like the curl, though. 

9 hours ago, Marcello said:

Oh boy, another loot shooter. We don't have enough of those. 

Might be my imagination, but Superman's skin looks a little weird. Really hope they don't do another evil (corrupted) Superman. How about a normal one for once?

Unless it's Bizarro? Which is fine then...

I like the curl, though. 

It's the lighting gradient used on the art, you can see the suit has purple lighting too.

This can also be the normal Justice League. Amanda Waller is a character who's obsessed with security and control. She's been in opposition of the Justice League on numerous occasions, including both the animated Justice League show, and even the Suicide Squad movie, where she made the Squad as a direct response to the emergence of superheroes. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same case here. 

12 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Not keen on the rumors of this being any sort of gaas game though as Marvel's little outing has really been souring that idea.

The idea got soured as early as the first Destiny game after the promises for that game fell flat on its face. I officially lost damn near all interest in them when Anthem hit and was the trainwreck it was. The model just isn’t enhancing the experience in any way for players, and tends to actually harm them. I really hate that this is likely going to be the standard going forward into this new generation, as these games paradoxically ask for us to invest into their service for most of our time, but then new GAAS titles and sequels to existing ones  keep coming out overwhelming the market. 

As for the game itself, conceptually it’s nice I guess to see them do something with their properties and make something that hopefully turns out decent. But whether it’ll be something that holds people’s attention long remains to be seen. Given, again, the pattern of most of these live service games, can’t say I’m super optimistic

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's the lighting gradient used on the art, you can see the suit has purple lighting too.

This can also be the normal Justice League. Amanda Waller is a character who's obsessed with security and control. She's been in opposition of the Justice League on numerous occasions, including both the animated Justice League show, and even the Suicide Squad movie, where she made the Squad as a direct response to the emergence of superheroes. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same case here. 

Not talking about the color. The texture on the cheek is a bit weird. 

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Not talking about the color. The texture on the cheek is a bit weird. 

Oh yeah. The eye looks red too. I wonder if the league could be possessed by Trigon or something.

7 hours ago, KHCast said:

The idea got soured as early as the first Destiny game after the promises for that game fell flat on its face. I officially lost damn near all interest in them when Anthem hit and was the trainwreck it was. The model just isn’t enhancing the experience in any way for players, and tends to actually harm them. I really hate that this is likely going to be the standard going forward into this new generation, as these games paradoxically ask for us to invest into their service for most of our time, but then new GAAS titles and sequels to existing ones  keep coming out overwhelming the market. 

As for the game itself, conceptually it’s nice I guess to see them do something with their properties and make something that hopefully turns out decent. But whether it’ll be something that holds people’s attention long remains to be seen. Given, again, the pattern of most of these live service games, can’t say I’m super optimistic

Come to think of it, isn't there word that the Avengers game is also following the GAAS model as well?

47 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Come to think of it, isn't there word that the Avengers game is also following the GAAS model as well?

That was literally one of the first things about the game they revealed, that it was gonna be a live service that would be “””supported for years to come”””. I’m guessing they’ll say something along those lines for this one too at some point 

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh yeah. The eye looks red too. I wonder if the league could be possessed by Trigon or something.

My first thought when I saw the poster was that we're not really going to to be killing Superman at all and the SS is unknowingly being sent after Bizarro, but that was before I knew the entire league was involved.

• 2 weeks later...

What took em so long to make this? Amanda Waller came to see Deathstroke seven years ago. Not to mention that the movie was four years ago, which is what the plot sounds like.

Which btw, imagine Will Smith actually taking on a Kryptonian. 

On 8/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, Strickerx5 said:

Well color me interested. Not keen on the rumors of this being any sort of gaas game though as Marvel's little outing has really been souring that idea.

Overall, it's a cool premise that I hope RS can nail after being MIA all this time. Really excited to see what they can do this far off of AK.

A what game?

11 hours ago, DabigRG said:

A what game?

GAAS.

A "Games As A Service" type game. Ick.

12 hours ago, DabigRG said:

What took em so long to make this? Amanda Waller came to see Deathstroke seven years ago. Not to mention that the movie was four years ago, which is what the plot sounds like.

This project has been in development hell for a long time. It was originally in the works from another studio entirely before it got canned and Rocksteady came forward with their pitch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup, at some point people thought it had been cancelled outright. I wonder if Rocksteady has been relocated after their pitch for a Superman game got rejected.

5 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Yup, at some point people thought it had been cancelled outright. I wonder if Rocksteady has been relocated after their pitch for a Superman game got rejected.

Huh, wouldn't that figure? Instead of getting  the Rocksteady Superman game folks have been begging for instead, we get a game about killing Superman and company. 

Sigh. I will never understand companies thinking that giving fans the opposite of what they want is supposedly smart.

That's a nice cgi trailer right there. Can't wait to see Superman's health bar run across the entire gd screen.

No but seriously, this looks like a fun time. Have no idea how the gameplay will actually hold up and after GK today... can't say I'm holding my breath even with RS here but I am interested all the same. Good to hear Tara back as Harley too.

Will be cool to see where this goes in... 2022? damn ok then. Makes sense since GK is next year I guess.

Looks like we're going for the classic "Evil Justice League thanks to Darkseid brainwashing them", it looks like the enemies the group are fighting are parademons, and Superman getting brainwashed into a Darkseid soldier isn't anything new.

Love the interaction between the main characters. Can't really say much until we see more, and looks like that won't be for a while.

Don't have a source (assuming it was said during FanDome), but apparently this is set in the Arkhamverse.

11 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Looks like we're going for the classic "Evil Justice League thanks to Darkseid brainwashing them", it looks like the enemies the group are fighting are parademons, and Superman getting brainwashed into a Darkseid soldier isn't anything new.

Looks more like a Brainiac invasion to me, considering the tentacle-ship and the mooks' skeletal design:

Screenshot_20200823-020527.png.8bad30071801237102b8cafc1ab0f875.png

13 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Looks more like a Brainiac invasion to me, considering the tentacle-ship and the mooks' skeletal design:

Screenshot_20200823-020527.png.8bad30071801237102b8cafc1ab0f875.png

Fair enough, although probably still means they're all brainwashed by Brainiac, which is something Injustice 2 did a few years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Coming 2022.

Wow the cinematic trailer sequel to Sunset Overdrive looks neat I guess. 

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

but apparently this is set in the Arkhamverse.

That wouldn't make any sense given the different Deadshot present.