Awoo.

How Canon Is Chronicles?

UnknownByME

The Argus event is all the proof you need to say the Nocturn clan was punching in a weight class above the Knuckles clan. They wouldn't have gotten pulled into a pocket dimension unless they were a global superpower that threatened the natural balance. To say nothing of the Gizoids - which we already know have world busting potential. That is some serious tech.

On top of that, time flows differently in the Twilight Cage. The technology they exhibit when Sonic and co arrive likely isn't too far off from the tech they arrived with. Plus, they would have had to of been strong enough to fend off the other races since day 1.

The SSMB rule of summoning comes into effect again.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, Your Vest Friend said:

I was there and this is not true, otherwise Kevin Eva wouldn't have had to go on record to say that it wasn't canon in 2010, and that wouldn't have caused the outrage it did. 

The main outrage was it messed with people's OWN ideas of what was canon. So many of the responses boiled down to "but that's not what I think!" Ultimately it was a mistake of mine to even engage with the subject of canon. But foolishly I wanted to help the people who'd been yelling into the void because it was an important topic to fans and yet no one was taking notice of them on the matter. I didn't think that was right. So the only time anyone official tried to engage with the fanbase on this they topic they shot the messenger. Oh well. More fool me for caring. 

As always not everything needs to fit in a neat little package and media that has a cliffhanger doesn't always have it solved. What I said about SEGA treating modern canon with super fluidity (not something I'm keen on either btw, part of the reason I fell in love with the game series again was the sub-layer of character progression between all the games) is also still true.

Ultimately 'it's not canon' (and it isn't) works a lot better than "well it could've sold better, it brought about a very problematic and protracted lawsuit, the studio that made it was bought by a rival studio prior to release and there's no way SEGA wants them to have a say in the direction of their flagship brand and because of all that there were no plans for a sequel and no fucking chance they are revisiting it". Pick your poison, I guess.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:00 PM, Blue Blood said:

I still find that comments about what is and isn't canon are really, really stupid.

At this point, damn straight.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/6/2020 at 7:27 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Who said what now?

Real Talk: Sonic Chronicles' story is a cluster of the games, the Pre-Ian Flynn Archie Comics, & SATAM. To call this game canon would have consider every other universe besides the games canon, which is not true.

That's not really the case.

Archie had Scratch and Grounder, but that doesn't make AoSTH canon to that universe.

Yeah, the games take stuff from alt media all the time. Sonic liking chili dogs came from Underground, Shadow's inhibitor rings came from X, Lost World kinda had roboticization...so on and so forth.

1 hour ago, UnknownByME said:

That's not really the case.

Archie had Scratch and Grounder, but that doesn't make AoSTH canon to that universe.

The beginning of Archie was a mix of AoSTH & SATAM, to the point where plots were literally episodes from both series.

So I would argue that Scratch, Grounder, & Coconuts were canon to Pre-reboot Archie.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:51 PM, thumbs13 said:

Yeah, the games take stuff from alt media all the time. Sonic liking chili dogs came from Underground, Shadow's inhibitor rings came from X, Lost World kinda had roboticization...so on and so forth.

Actually, Chili Dogs appeared much earlier than Underground, if I remember correctly, they've been around since AoSTH, SatAM, and Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Almar said:

And of course, there's Two-Worlds which was obviously taken from Sonic X.

...Uh, who are you responding to?

The earlier convo was talking about the games taking from other universes (chili dogs, Shadow's bracelet doing anything). I brought in TW as another example.

1 hour ago, Almar said:

The earlier convo was talking about the games taking from other universes (chili dogs, Shadow's bracelet doing anything). I brought in TW as another example.

So my first real guess wasn't wrong after all. So that's nice. 

I otherwise just assumed it was you doing you.