Awoo.

Bocoe, Decoe, and Bokkun in the games

Blazey Firekitty

I wonder why they didn't make Decoe and Bocoe more charismatic. Given that they were seemingly supposed to be an equivalent to human companionship for ol' Eggy, they could have been more interesting with distinct personalities. Kinda seems to defy the point of having sentient bots as his henchmen and allies if they're just so mind-numbingly bland ^^;

I wonder why they didn't make Decoe and Bocoe more charismatic. Given that they were seemingly supposed to be an equivalent to human companionship for ol' Eggy, they could have been more interesting with distinct personalities. Kinda seems to defy the point of having sentient bots as his henchmen and allies if they're just so mind-numbingly bland ^^;

Which makes SA-55 so awesome. He does assist the Doc, like in Spagonia where you fight SA-55 and a few mini-robots as the boss instead of Eggman. And he doesn't just help him actively, he points out his flaws. And then mocks them. SA-55 is oozing with personality. He's a genuinely good character.

I'm not very sure. Though as strange as it sounds, I'd rather have instead *gasp* Snively. Think about it, Snively could be the straight man to play off Eggman's eccentricities. I think they'd be a pretty interesting duo.

Decoe and Bocoe didn't seem all that interesting to me. You know how usually whenever you have a pair of characters who are meant to be funny together, one is usually a bit out there or more wild and the other is more of a "straight man"? With Decoe and Bocoe, it seemed as though both of them were the straight man. Bokkun tended to be a lot more amusing, but his design seems to clash with all of Eggman's other robots. They typically have metallic surfaces and more obvious joints. I'm also not sure that he'd see much use. His arrival typically signified that Eggman was up to something, but in a game, the characters really only need to be told once. Yasuhara has stated that he likes to periodically remind the player of their overall goal, and I think that Eggman engaging the player directly at the end of every Zone in the classic games was an example of this. I'd really rather Eggman do that sort of thing rather than something like Bokkun.

I loved them in Sonic X, but I'd rather keep the universes seperate myself. Having them in Unleashed would mean wiping clean their development, placing them as sarcastic, silly henchmen for Eggman as they were at the start of the series - and we already have SA-55 for that.

I just want SA-55 to become a recurring character please. Let him build his own personality as Decoe and Bocoe did throughout Sonic X.

I agree.

I love how affectionately Eggman treated Metal Sonic in the OVA- Cheering him on and even doing a goofy little dance as he shouted "Goooooo Metal!" You could tell he was really proud, y'know?

I'd love to see Eggman and Metal Sonic interact. He likely sees Metal Sonic as a special creation, and it could be cool to show him actually expressing a sort of fondness for him, and in turn, for Metal Sonic to develop and express concern for his master. But alas, Heroes happened, and the rest is- of course- history.

Like father like son...er, Maker and creation...

Yeah, that's describes it better.

You see lots of Science Fiction out there that have AI robots becoming too smart to realizing that they don't need they're creators anymore, how about one for the Sonic series where instead of that cliche scenario we have the robot think of its creator as its father. :P

Sure it could be so much smarter than its master, but there's one thing that will always stick in the robot's mind hard-drive that it can never change no matter what:

That no matter how smart it is, if it wasn't for its creator being around, the robot wouldn't be "alive" in the first place...

It's funny how parental stuff like that can work its way into this scenario. B)

Eggman is capable of far more competence these days

Could've fooled me. He falls for the same villianary plot gimmicks almost every game, so it'd be no surprise if he kept Scratch and Grounder despite their continual shortcomings. They'd probably make a more effective duo though, at least every now and then if they had someone around them that attempted to make sure they stayed focused.

Bokkun, I didn't mind him too much, but Bocoe and Decoe didn't really stand out much. We already have a lot of characters in the games as is so if anymore are added I'd like to see some with personality. Scratch, Grounder and Bokkun---Cocooanuts too perhaps, sound like they'd make good badniks to add in though. I also wouldn't mind Metal Sonic either so long as they gave him a personality that could mesh well with the others somehow.

I don't think I'd like to see Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun in the games, but I would like to see some recurring characters based on them. They were entertaining and gave Eggman a sort of "family" in Sonic X. In the games, his robots just seem like armies of henchmen. None of them have personalities except SA-55 and the E-100 series robots.

None of them have personalities except SA-55 and the E-100 series robots.

Wrong.

The Egg Fighters in Unleashed were completely self-aware and even talked to you in the Eggman Land lobby. Additionally, Captain Whisker, Johnny, Mini, and Mum filled the role of sentient minions with personality.

In truth, probably all of Eggman's robots have personality, but they simply aren't focused on as much, which is a shame, I think. We could really use more of them!

Oh, you're right, I completely forgot about those.

Still, I wish Eggman had some recurring robots. I definitely want SA-55 to stick around, but... you know what they say, the more the merrier!

Wrong.

The Egg Fighters in Unleashed were completely self-aware and even talked to you in the Eggman Land lobby. Additionally, Captain Whisker, Johnny, Mini, and Mum filled the role of sentient minions with personality.

In truth, probably all of Eggman's robots have personality, but they simply aren't focused on as much, which is a shame, I think. We could really use more of them!

Just to add on here, I felt the Egg Pawns were a decent example too. Well sure, they never actually spoke, but otherwise they reacted much like you'd expect a human being to. As far as I'm aware they're the only enemies that actually express surprise when you sneak up on them, and their depiction in some cutscenes was actually kinda comical sometimes. The only thing I didn't really like about them is that they were really overused while Eggman was still using them, but that's besides the point.

I think they'd actually be rather good in the games. Mainly because I really want to see Eggman having some 'friend'ish types or at least consistant lackys. It would give room for more character development, and make sure that Eggman wasn't always talking to himself. :P

SA-55 is funny, granted. But he could always be a part of the team too. I feel it'd be nice for Eggman to have a constant team throughout the games that he relies on, makes it seem like a fairer fight seeing as every guy he seems to have on his side always leaves him and joins the goodies. (Shadow, Rouge, Metal Sonic)

Yeah, exactly. Eggman technically has a "team" of elite characterized minions, but they don't work closely together or act like a team would. For Eggman, along with his most iconic and developed robots, to all work together and interact with one another could be incredibly refreshing.

Eggman's a villain, but even villains can appreciate the idea of friendship and bonding. And a close-knit "Eggman Team" to match wits with Sonic's own unofficial group of buddies would be really cool.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the idea of Eggman and four of his robots combining into a giant super mecha, complete with a bombastic themesong and cheesy transformation animation, would be an incredible final boss.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

EDIT: Now that I think of it, the idea of Eggman and four of his robots combining into a giant super mecha, complete with a bombastic themesong and cheesy transformation animation, would be an incredible final boss.

GO! GO! Power Rangers! :lol:

I love Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun and I would love to see them in the games. I've always seen Eggman as a kind of comic relief character, even in the good old 2D games so I think having comic relief sidekicks such as these three fit him perfectly. Eggman never really has anybody to communicate with in the games and I think it's about time he got someone he can actually enjoy the company of. They made such a great group in Sonic X, the robots even sticking by him after he gets them thrown in jail.

Eggman needs friends again, poor guy must be lonely.

Anyone saying Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun had much more personality than SA-55, remember that in the first beginnings of Sonic X, Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun had hardly any personality what so ever. Decoe and Bocoe spoke in very robotic voices, and from what I remember Bokkun's first message was simply 'Message for you!' and then flew away laughing. Not much personality there. Their personalities were built over the course of the entire series. SA-55 has only had one appearance, and as far as first impressions go, SA-55 has way more personality than Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun originally had. They're all characters, and characters develop.

About Scratch and Grounder appearing in the games...I wouldn't mind seeing them as I love them both but one thing must be remembered. In AoStH it was never thought that Robotnik powered his badniks with animals trapped inside, In the games however, he did. If Scratch and Grounder were to be original badniks who had come back they'd have animals inside them which Sonic wouldn't stand for...The only way I could see it happening is if they made a small cameo as they return, only for Sonic to be there and after a greeting to Robotnik, they both get spin dashed so the animals are set free. As a homage to the cartoon and classic games :P

I can't remember SA-55. Perhaps it's because I've only played SU once but he still doesn't seem to stand out enough for me to consider him valuable. Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun stood out a lot for me. They were like Eggman's family, having little tiffs every now and again, falling out and making up again. They stuck together and seemed to develop Eggman somewhat. He had friends who he needed and who put up with his many mood swings.

SA-55 was good company but he seemed to just, I dunno, mock Eggman.

SA-55 was good company but he seemed to just, I dunno, mock Eggman.

But that's what made him so funny! Eggman could presumably deactivate him at any moment with a slap of his fist, yet SA-55 wasn't intimidated and still felt he could get away with making fun of his master XD He must have recognised that the poor Doc was so friendship starved that he'd put up with it ^^;

But that's what made him so funny! Eggman could presumably deactivate him at any moment with a slap of his fist, yet SA-55 wasn't intimidated and still felt he could get away with making fun of his master XD He must have recognised that the poor Doc was so friendship starved that he'd put up with it ^^;

What's funnier still is hat Eggman is violent towards him. In Mazuri he forcefully pushes him back into his 'casing' and at the end of the game Eggman tries to give him a really hard kick!

EDIT: Oh by the way, Envy, how often do Sonic characters develop instead of regress? I mean there's Shadow, Rouge and Tails that have had their development undone. Who's actually kept it? Blaze has, and we've yet to see about Omega and his new found emotions in 06. Makes me worry about SA-55 really.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'd like to think SA-55, despite his rudeness, genuinely cares about Eggman and wants him to succeed. Being so blunt with him by pointing out his mistakes is just tough love. But at least he openly criticizes him in order to, presumably, help him.

Edited by Dr. Mechano

EDIT: Oh by the way, Envy, how often do Sonic characters develop instead of regress? I mean there's Shadow, Rouge and Tails that have had their development undone. Who's actually kept it? Blaze has, and we've yet to see about Omega and his new found emotions in 06. Makes me worry about SA-55 really.

.....Point taken :P but we can hope.

I'd like to think SA-55, despite his rudeness, genuinely cares about Eggman and wants him to succeed. Being so blunt with him by pointing out his mistakes is just tough love. But at least he openly criticizes him in order to, presumably, help him.

"Genuinely cares" is reading into it a bit much, me thinks. He was built to be an assistant, "ergo" he assists. Being so blunt is cause he's got sa55y personality. He's always laughing at Eggman and making mocking gestures.

"Genuinely cares" is reading into it a bit much, me thinks. He was built to be an assistant, "ergo" he assists. Being so blunt is cause he's got sa55y personality. He's always laughing at Eggman and making mocking gestures.

I suppose one could interpret the teasing as playful jabs, but then, it seems too hard to tell at this point.

I think I liked Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts better.

They were arguably funnier.XD Or at least quirkier.^^

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko