Awoo.

Canon Immigrants

Wraith

This is a preference thing then. I'd rather Nagus bring his own, new side of the universe with him flesh out the Zeti separately.

For what it's worth while I'm kind of not sure how to feel about the idea of changing Naugus, I do really like the idea of him clashing with the D6. Not only would that be fun but I think that could help flesh them out if it turns out these characters have some history together.

I've been wondering for a while now what SEGA's stance would be on other continuities introducing new Zeti, since I kinda doubt they want to introduce any more themselves. They were surprisingly cool with Ian making new Black Arms characters in 2013 (like, holy shit, is it just me or do we not talk enough about that?) but 1) for all we know that's changed since then and 2) that doesn't necessarily mean anything for another species.

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

EDIT: Wanted to answer this but editing on mobile is a pain

I don't feel this is true at all. They share a common design motif, with adjustments made on whatever basic archetypal trait they represent.

latest?cb=20130611184947

They all have black "pants" they all have horns, they all have garish color schemes. They all look like the same family of demons.

I'm not saying you couldn't redesign Naugus to fit this, but it seems like a waste because I feel it starts to stray away from who he is and make him a different character that just happens share some traits with the original version.

Naugus has basically all of that except the black pants (along with a claw and cape). 

Redesigning him wouldn’t take much, and quite frankly, he really wouldn’t be that different from who he is already. If anything, it would be the same as how they redesigned the Freedom Fighters—you can keep the same Naugus, just change at least one or two things of his appearance to match him with the Zeti (keep the claw and cape, because those definitely make him distinct).

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

A better question I have in response is how would simply making him a Zeti take away from all that or rob him of his identity? He could still have everything about him be the exact same—crystalmancy, magic, hell, he could be the only Zeti immune to the conch shell too—he’d just part of an established race in the games while doing his own thing separately from the D6. Heck, he could even work against them if wanted.

At this point we're just making a character that happens to have some similarities but doesn't have to be Naugus but also weirdly doesn't have traits established for the other Zeti. They don't have magic or crystal-based powers, and if he's immune to the conch, then why make him one?

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

That Naugus has more development than the D6 already could be an even bigger benefit to the D6, who quite frankly could use it to become more 3 dimensional instead of the 2 dimensional caricatures they are. There’s little to nothing in the way of this that you could literally just call Naugus a Zeti and leave it like that while opening the door to much more.

So, let's think about this since it's been brought up: make Naugus an enemy of the Zeti. Let's say Naugus is actually the creator of the Lost Hex, the Zeti were former servants of his, they discovered some technology that was used to depose him and throw him off. We can establish a reason that he hates them and technology. Hell, maybe the conch is actually a part of his horn (I know it actually looks like a conch in the game, but pretend it never was if we're doing some retconning and adding them together) and that's how he controlled him, and that's what Eggman used to control them later on.

You can get to a point where the Zeti have some leftover tech from Eggman that they've been working on controlling better, and Naugus, who eventually makes his way back to the Hex takes his revenge with crystalline magic he's been developing and accidentally discovers he can turn machines into his personal slaves so it becomes an ongoing conflict where they're fighting with each other for control and it eventually falls back to Eggman from whom they keep trying to steal tech.

And then of course Sonic has to clean all this up.

I dunno, just spitballing here.

2 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Redesigning him wouldn’t take much, and quite frankly, he really wouldn’t be that different from who he is. If anything, it would be the same as how they redesigned the Freedom Fighters—you can keep the same Naugus, just change at least one or two things of his appearance to match him with the Zeti (keep the claw and cape, because those definitely make him distinct).

I suppose, but I don't feel Sally and company's redesigns fundamentally changed anything about the characters. Their looks were updated to be like the games, but they didn't have species or even roles changed. While I wrote a really rough proposal for how to keep them separate but give them a link, I just don't think it's necessary he be one of them when I think you can set them up as opposing forces because they were different species/characters from the beginning. I think my issue with this is that you've been arguing he'd be like the Zeti, but not, which I think makes it a change for the sake of change sort of thing and ultimately pointless. I'm just trying to see if I can steer this toward a compromise.

• Fist Bump 1

Considering they are called the Deadly Six, it kinda sounds like they would keep them as six, and it would not be surprising to me if they were an almost extint species. So, IMO, the last thing is need is more Zeti… there are already too many, just… do anything to improve them at this point. I wish that SEGA let Ian do more with the Lost Hex and Zeti lore but I doubt it… since they are still relevant, or at least 2 of them. I don't like them, and do not really see the potential outside of Zavok, but since SEGA insists in having them as sorta recurring, they should really do something with them.

latest?cb=20160326153611

I'm... going to need some convincing that he'd make sense as a Zeti. Visually and narratively. While Wendy was a blank slate and could be roped into Naugus' whole deal in the comics, Naugus himself simply isn't. On top of that, the Zeti have a specific design mentality that simple wouldn't mesh with what's already been established with Naugus: they have a strict pastel color and black color scheme with a Japanese demon motif while Naugus is a troll-like wizard. You would need to change far too much to get him to fit into it. As much as I dislike the Deadly Six, I give them credit for having a strong visual motif that can't be mistaken for any other kind of Sonic character. Goodness knows they need fleshing out, I just doing think this is the way to go. They're demonic aliens. Naugus is a humanoid troll. That's not workable.

You know what I'd do?

latest?cb=20190514123701

I'd rope this old coot into the mix. Lazaar was a one-off wizard character in SatAM. While not a troll, he's deep enough into the high fantasy design mentality to be an elf or something akin to Naugus. Add Witchcart into the mix and we have the building blocks for a faction of characters that can help flesh out the world.

You know who else would fit from SatAM? Dulcy and Lupe, especially the former could be reworked with the prototype concept art of dragons that were supposed to appear in Forces. I know Dulcy already got a similar redesign in the reboot but, guess that's off-limits now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dragons and Dinosaurs are also welcome, in my opinion. I'd also like to see Sonic's universe get more creative with the non-sapient animals that live there.

Image result for sonic satam dinosaurs

SatAM introduced Terapods, which are basically dinosaur-like reptiles. Sonic Underground had a non-descript dinosaur called "Chomps" as well:

Image result for sonic underground chomps

...it was the episode where Knuckles barbecued Sleet and Dingo alive. 

Image result for sonic underground chomps

...I don't wanna talk about it.

Anyway, I dunno man. I know it's because SatAM isn't part of the SEGA Sonic universe, but as a result it had some really cool ideas that ended up... fitting? Or at least not clashing. Now I'm just gonna be musing over this for the next few hours, haha.

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

At this point we're just making a character that happens to have some similarities but doesn't have to be Naugus but also weirdly doesn't have traits established for the other Zeti. They don't have magic or crystal-based powers, and if he's immune to the conch, then why make him one?

Mainly because, at all possible, I want to avoid making a whole new character when one can be readily retooled without too much work, is still recognizable by those that remember them, and can still work in the general setting—essentially doing to Naugus what they did with the Chaotix, but to a much lesser extent.

So, let's think about this since it's been brought up: make Naugus an enemy of the Zeti. Let's say Naugus is actually the creator of the Lost Hex, the Zeti were former servants of his, they discovered some technology that was used to depose him and throw him off. We can establish a reason that he hates them and technology. Hell, maybe the conch is actually a part of his horn (I know it actually looks like a conch in the game, but pretend it never was if we're doing some retconning and adding them together) and that's how he controlled him, and that's what Eggman used to control them later on.

You can get to a point where the Zeti have some leftover tech from Eggman that they've been working on controlling better, and Naugus, who eventually makes his way back to the Hex takes his revenge with crystalline magic he's been developing and accidentally discovers he can turn machines into his personal slaves so it becomes an ongoing conflict where they're fighting with each other for control and it eventually falls back to Eggman from whom they keep trying to steal tech from.

And then of course Sonic has to clean all this up.

I dunno, just spitballing here.

‘K, not gonna lie, but you literally stole most of everything else I had to say off the top of my head about the character for this...

That’s gotta be a first in a long time.

Only slight difference would be that I’d have made Naugus the most powerful Zeti, and rather than being the creator of Lost Hex and he’s one of the few remaining Zeti that has more knowledge of the world and the one below than the D6, who focused their efforts strictly on Lost Hex while he was away.

I suppose, but I don't feel Sally and company's redesigns fundamentally changed anything about the characters. Their looks were updated to be like the games, but they didn't have species or even roles changed. While I wrote a really rough proposal for how to keep them separate but give them a link, I just don't think it's necessary he be one of them when I think you can set them up as opposing forces because they were different species/characters from the beginning. I think my issue with this is that you've been arguing he'd be like the Zeti, but not, which I think makes it a change for the sake of change sort of thing and ultimately pointless. I'm just trying to see if I can steer this toward a compromise.

Well he already had a species change from the old setting before the reboot, and having him as a troll is completely different from what we’d expect—not that it isn’t possible, what with aliens, God’s, and demons also being a thing.

But as I noted earlier given that Trolls and Oni are basically the cultural equivalents of each other, you’re ironically not really changing Naugus as much, even as a species. That’s actually the main reason why I suggested Naugus be referred as a Zeti, because Oni and Trolls are basically one in the same to a degree.

I feel if there’s any place you could fit him with such ease that it wouldn’t be noticeable, the Zeti would be the ideal race. And that Naugus has a wide history in himself that he could be used as a way to give Zeti’s as a whole more depth. Heck, Ian made the Trolls the Second Great Civilization in Archie, so here’s a thought—rather than them being called Trolls, rename it as the Zeti as the Second Great Civilization with Naugus a part of it. Would add more intrigue into why Lost Hex became lost until it was found. Heck, that slight change actually makes the D6 more three dimensional than before since they’d have a background as one of the four major civilizations of the world.

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

latest?cb=20160326153611

I'm... going to need some convincing that he'd make sense as a Zeti.

K.

Take Zavok’s body type, give him black pants, take away the nose, and keep him looking as old as Master Ziks with his beard.

Ears and Tail (for the Archie version) are optional. Heck turn the ears into a new set of spikes.

Make him the only Zeti to wear a shirt and cape to make him distinct (mainly because I don’t want to see him without it...ew :lol:)

EDIT: Posts don’t merge anymore?

EDIT2: Get Drawloverlala to do this!!! I guarantee she could pull this off!!!

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm... going to need some convincing that he'd make sense as a Zeti. Visually and narratively.

Visually, well, I can kinda see it?

7zjgNry.png

I feel like the only major change is losing the ears; maybe they could add some hair tufts or something to get the same silhouette. Otherwise if this was actually rendered in a game-accurate style instead of being a Photoshop hackjob, I think I could believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

This might as well be a new character if you need to chop that many parts of it off to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Easy way to bring Nagus in:

Retool him by making him a Zeti. You don’t even need to redesign him all that much.

And he could be a renegade who does things separate from the Deadly Six.

Hell, same with Wendy Witchcraft.

That did cross my mind briefly.  

Thing is he has ears and a nose, things the other Zeti lack.

Regardless, i liked the setup of Wendy searching for the conch.

5 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

Why can’t they still be wizards or warlocks as Zeti?

They already use magic to control machines. And the Zeti are humanoid too.

if anything, the Zeti need more numbers representing them, and Naugus at least looks similar enough to be one of them.

Electromagnetic fields. 

But yeah, more Zeti is something I've been thinking about as well. 

5 hours ago, azoo said:

Because the Zeti are garbage tbh and they also look completely different from him.

They're also from some planet over there; which if we used Naugus he'd preferably be in a place where he can keep reappearing without having to write a reason for him in (and/or not bother and live with the fact that the writing is too lazy to explain why).

To be fair, TSR's reveal profile and maybe Sonic Dash seem to imply the Deadly Six just come and go whenever they feel like scrapping with Sonic and his friends.

How they're doing this is a different story, but there's nothing else stopping them either. 

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

EDIT: Wanted to answer this but editing on mobile is a pain

I don't feel this is true at all. They share a common design motif, with adjustments made on whatever basic archetypal trait they represent.

latest?cb=20130611184947

They all have black "pants" they all have horns, they all have garish color schemes. They all look like the same family of demons.

I'm not saying you couldn't redesign Naugus to fit this, but it seems like a waste because I feel it starts to stray away from who he is and make him a different character that just happens share some traits with the original version.

That is much of what we know about their conceptualization, yes. 

Uh, Zavok aside. 

4 hours ago, azoo said:

I'd argue if one wanted to make the Zeti good then it could be done on it's own time separate from Naugus. 

Besides, as said before, they're oni and Naugus is western-influenced. The distinction between the two would be even better if you wanted to up the variety on villains Sonic encounters, food for thought.

Yeah, that's ultimately my take. 

Them knowing of each other or having some prior connection is cool, but the Zeti already serve a different set of purposes from Naugus. 

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

And the Oni are the Japanese equivalent to trollswhich is what Naugus was. So in essence, they’re even more similar—much like how Samurais and Knights are the east and west equivalents of each other.

If anything, that similarity can emphasize the comparisons and contrasts between east and west.

Actually, oni are generally comparable to demons(if you're being extreme, imo) and ogres. 

Naugus has always had more of a troll or better yet hobgoblin vibe to him. 

Not to say such a parallel couldn't be cool. 

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

And by making him a Zeti, we expand that background further. Not just for Naugus, but for the rest of the Zeti as well. Part of why the D6 are criticized to hell and back is because they barely have much of a background other than living on Lost Hex, but that can be broadened with Naugus being a part of the Zeti who has his own agenda, showing that not all Zeti are the same, not all Zeti have the same powers, and that there’s more than just the six we only know about, giving more depth to them as a whole and even more as individuals.

Thing is they already have different powers, with their defining being an innate ability. 

4 hours ago, Celestia said:

I've been wondering for a while now what SEGA's stance would be on other continuities introducing new Zeti, since I kinda doubt they want to introduce any more themselves. They were surprisingly cool with Ian making new Black Arms characters in 2013 (like, holy shit, is it just me or do we not talk enough about that?) but 1) for all we know that's changed since then and 2) that doesn't necessarily mean anything for another species.

Probably because those two(or six with the surviving Dark Arms, who are a different story) only came to be so Black Doom and Mephiles could stay dead.

Plus, Black Doom was technically the only Black Arms character. 

3 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

Considering they are called the Deadly Six, it kinda sounds like they would keep them as six, and it would not be surprising to me if they were an almost extint species. So, IMO, the last thing is need is more Zeti… there are already too many, just… do anything to improve them at this point. I wish that SEGA let Ian do more with the Lost Hex and Zeti lore but I doubt it… since they are still relevant, or at least 2 of them. I don't like them, and do not really see the potential outside of Zavok, but since SEGA insists in having them as sorta recurring, they should really do something with them.

To be fair, it's implied that that's not actually their group name, if they even have one. 

12 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Actually, oni are generally comparable to demons(if you're being extreme, imo) and ogres. 

And trolls.

And that’s my little nitpick for the day. :P 

Mainly because, at all possible, I want to avoid making a whole new character when one can be readily retooled without too much work, is still recognizable by those that remember them, and can still work in the general setting—essentially doing to Naugus what they did with the Chaotix, but to a much lesser extent.

My point is that none of that necessitates him being changed into a Zeti just because they already exist in the games. I cited reboot Archie because all Ian had to do was remove the "fused wizard" backstory (which itself was a comic-exclusive development) and work off of the original idea for him in SatAM to mesh it with games' universe. There was virtually nothing about that version that felt incompatible as it already was. Calling him a "troll" seemed to fit with his ugly, brutish appearance and worked with the vaguely Western European style kingdom like what the Acorn Kingdom resembles.

But as I noted earlier given that Trolls and Oni are basically the cultural equivalents of each other, you’re ironically not really changing Naugus as much, even as a species. That’s actually the main reason why I suggested Naugus be referred as a Zeti, because Oni and Trolls are basically one in the same to a degree.

This still feels like we're just calling him a "Zeti" for the sake of it. Trolls and oni being similar doesn't necessarily mean they have to be one in the same.

I feel if there’s any place you could fit him with such ease that it wouldn’t be noticeable, the Zeti would be the ideal race. And that Naugus has a wide history in himself that he could be used as a way to give Zeti’s as a whole more depth.

This is where you're losing me. I don't see how Naugus being made into a Zeti will make the Zeti more interesting. To give the Zeti more depth, they need to be given something to do and not just be growly-evil monster edgelords that stand around spouting empty threats. Archie didn't do that much for them personality-wise, sure, but they got to do things that made them an actual threat to Sonic and Mega Man.

My suggestion I made before is to meet this halfway without changing the character in a way that feels drastic and unnecessary. It gives the Zeti a backstory and something to do, it ties Naugus into something existing in the games but without any arbitrary changes that don't really add anything to his character, and it creates a conflict with another opposing force that, for once, won't have ties to Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

latest?cb=20160326153611

I'm... going to need some convincing that he'd make sense as a Zeti. Visually and narratively. While Wendy was a blank slate and could be roped into Naugus' whole deal in the comics, Naugus himself simply isn't. On top of that, the Zeti have a specific design mentality that simple wouldn't mesh with what's already been established with Naugus: they have a strict pastel color and black color scheme with a Japanese demon motif while Naugus is a troll-like wizard. You would need to change far too much to get him to fit into it. As much as I dislike the Deadly Six, I give them credit for having a strong visual motif that can't be mistaken for any other kind of Sonic character. Goodness knows they need fleshing out, I just doing think this is the way to go. They're demonic aliens. Naugus is a humanoid troll. That's not workable.

You know what I'd do?

latest?cb=20190514123701

I'd rope this old coot into the mix. Lazaar was a one-off wizard character in SatAM. While not a troll, he's deep enough into the high fantasy design mentality to be an elf or something akin to Naugus. Add Witchcart into the mix and we have the building blocks for a faction of characters that can help flesh out the world.

Yeah, I'm thinking Lazaar was elvish as well.

In fact, he has more in common with the Zeti via that weird magic computer crystal thing. 

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

K.

Take Zavok’s body type, give him black pants, take away the nose, and keep him looking as old as Master Ziks with his beard.

Ears and Tail (for the Archie version) are optional. Heck turn the ears into a new set of spikes.

Make him the only Zeti to wear a shirt and cape to make him distinct (mainly because I don’t want to see him without it...ew :lol:)

EDIT: Posts don’t merge anymore?

EDIT2: Get Drawloverlala to do this!!! I guarantee she could pull this off!!!

Yeah, that's more or less what I'd imagine he'd look like. 

But horns. 

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Visually, well, I can kinda see it?

7zjgNry.png

I feel like the only major change is losing the ears; maybe they could add some hair tufts or something to get the same silhouette. Otherwise if this was actually rendered in a game-accurate style instead of being a Photoshop hackjob, I think I could believe it.

Blech. 

Anyway, his toes and possibly his Suguna wrists(which I'm mixed to negative on) should be the same color as either his horn or his beard. Also, maybe keep his ears as two flatter horns and his tail. 

29 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

Besides, to be a Zeti they'd have to change his name to Zaugus... lol

Mmm...maybe not? 

The Japanese version refers to Zik as Jik, if I'm not mistaken. 

22 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

My point is that none of that necessitates him being changed into a Zeti just because they already exist in the games. I cited reboot Archie because all Ian had to do was remove the "fused wizard" backstory (which itself was a comic-exclusive development) and work off of the original idea for him in SatAM to mesh it with games' universe. There was virtually nothing about that version that felt incompatible as it already was. Calling him a "troll" seemed to fit with his ugly, brutish appearance and worked with the vaguely Western European style kingdom like what the Acorn Kingdom resembles.

I’m not saying it’s incompatible either, but given Sega’s strictness that seems almost at a whim, it would definitely be something that would make bringing him into the games easy to slide in than it would if he were kept a troll.

You could still make them similar and make them separate distinct groups based on mythology instead—like how Hedgehogs and Echidna’s can both be classed as “Mobians” (I’m using that word even if Sega bans it).

This still feels like we're just calling him a "Zeti" for the sake of it. Trolls and oni being similar doesn't necessarily mean they have to be one in the same.

It’s more for simplicity’s sake at the very least. 

This is where you're losing me. I don't see how Naugus being made into a Zeti will make the Zeti more interesting. To give the Zeti more depth, they need to be given something to do and not just be growly-evil monster edgelords that stand around spouting empty threats. Archie didn't do that much for them personality-wise, sure, but they got to do things that made them an actual threat to Sonic and Mega Man.

My suggestion I made before is to meet this halfway without changing the character in a way that feels drastic and unnecessary. It gives the Zeti a backstory and something to do, it ties Naugus into something existing in the games but without any arbitrary changes that don't really add anything to his character, and it creates a conflict with another opposing force that, for once, won't have ties to Eggman.

It would make them interesting by giving them more background to explore. They had absolutely none even up to this point, but Naugus being a Zeti and the Zeti being the Second Great Civilization would give them depth on par with Knuckles and the civilization of echidnas, one of which made up the Fourth Great Civilization.

Connecting Naugus to that and the Zeti’s would allow more growth in exploring that much the same way. And would allow dynamic between them over that lost era, essentially giving them something to do other than be growly, evil-edgelords that make empty threats.

And heck, throw some artifacts in there. They already have one with the Magic Conch shell. They could have more lost secrets to look into.

20 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

And trolls.

And that’s my little nitpick for the day. :P 

Oh? This is the first time I've seen that in recent memory. 

Which is appropriate because I struggled to find easy explanations on what exactly those are. 

Just now, DabigRG said:

Oh? This is the first time I've seen that in recent memory. 

Which is appropriate because I struggled to find easy explanations on what exactly those are. 

It’s like Samurais and Knights. Strong similarities, different aesthetics and ideas.

It’s a loose comparison, I admit. But a strong one still.

It's a bit out there, and I would honestly prefer how Post-Reboot handled Naugus by making him a relatively of Witchcraft, but if we needed another idea, I honestly wouldn't mind if Naugus originated from the Storybook series. I could see him fit in as a wizard from Melina's time that somehow managed to escape into Sonic's world, and now wants to take it over without the Knights of the Round Table messing with his plans.

13 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

I’m not saying it’s incompatible either, but given Sega’s strictness that seems almost at a whim, it would definitely be something that would make bringing him into the games easy to slide in than it would if he were kept a troll.

I'm not really accounting for Sega's arbitrary nonsense and I don't think that should be a prerequisite for this kind of topic.

19 minutes ago, Conquering Storm’s Servant said:

It would make them interesting by giving them more background to explore. They had absolutely none even up to this point, but Naugus being a Zeti and the Zeti being the Second Great Civilization would give them depth on par with Knuckles and the civilization of echidnas, one of which made up the Fourth Great Civilization.

I kept wondering what you were you talking about until I looked it up and realized that this was from Chronicles. Then I remembered Ian had been sneaking this stuff into the Archie comic the whole time.

Which, considering what happened with Chronicles/OG Archie, is really funny.

To be honest, I'm not concerned with them having a particularly deep background or connection to the larger mythology of the series. Not to say that wouldn't be interesting, of course, but the Zeti didn't really invite a lot of intrigue into who they were for me compared to Knuckles who had interesting worldbuilding hints scattered around in Sonic 3/& Knuckles and then given a greater focus in Sonic Adventure. I think I'd rather just do what Archie did by improving their interactions as a group (I sort of liked that they joked and bickered at times in that crossover) and make their actions matter so they provide a threat/challenge since I felt that was missing from Lost World. Having Naugus turn their own powers against them (both controlling machines through their special abilities) and eventually getting Sonic (and I guess Eggman) stuck in the middle when their fight comes back to the surface is enough for me in this case.

I will say if we're talking more artifacts like the conch, you can probably add in some ancient technology that neither of them can control and Sonic just needs to get the parts to send them all packing. Not like the Chaos Emeralds/Super Sonic have actually played a role in recent games anyway.

The Archie versions of the Witchcarters could be like another take on what the Deadly Six were going for tonally, when I think about it.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It's a bit out there, and I would honestly prefer how Post-Reboot handled Naugus by making him a relatively of Witchcraft, but if we needed another idea, I honestly wouldn't mind if Naugus originated from the Storybook series. I could see him fit in as a wizard from Melina's time that somehow managed to escape into Sonic's world, and now wants to take it over without the Knights of the Round Table messing with his plans.

Relative of Witchcart.

Anything from Archie is confirmed by Ian as off-limits. So yeah, he will need to make new incarnations and ideas for these characters, Always IF SEGA allows them in IDW.

For example I'd love if Ian connected the Wisps to other alien things, I know he made the Dark Arms which were dark wisps used by Eclipse, another great idea destroyed too soon by the lawsuit shits. Instead now, they could be used by other villains, like even the Deadly Six, I mean the Wisps are present on Lost Hex (more because they stayed on Sonic's world after Colors as a plot excuse, and because they needed them for gameplay purposes, but still), it would be cool to connect the Zeti to the Wisps.

Even that is just by using game elements. What if the Metarex, who are other alien species, used the Wisps? I know they are plants turned into robots, but there could be some connection there, maybe give Cosmo a Wisp companion?

I know it sounds a bit forced, I'm just really into the idea of villains using wisps.