Awoo.

Tumblr/Twitter Sonic's latest exploits

NoirSuede

On 1/25/2016 at 1:39 PM, Indigo Rush said:

Aaron Webber is surpassing my expectations 

Awesome attention to detail. My favorite part is probably the little Knuckles shoe replacing the Sonic shoe :3

• Thumbs Up 5

You know, this is the first time I ever saw a True Sonic Spirit video NOT made by Roger van der Weide that I actually felt was on-point how I've been feeling lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Have you seen this!?

They've literally made a 3 hour fishing soundtrack!

I could totally listen to "Big Fishes At Emerald Coast" for 3 hours on loop.

I assume this is what they got Jon St. John to reprise his role as Big for?

9 hours ago, LiamTheAnimator said:

Have you seen this!?

They've literally made a 3 hour fishing soundtrack!

its just bigs emerald coast on repeat. theres no hidden messages in it. trust me

24 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

tumblr_o275npB9C01u5cb23o1_1280.thumb.jp

SUPERBOWL HYPE

Im loving the new shoes.

I'm guessing this is a new Uekawa illustration? I don't recall seeing this one before.

And I agree; those shoes (cleats?) are rad. They have that cool, detailed look that the Soap shoes did.

• Thumbs Up 9

Holy hog, that is a nice-looking new artwork! They really went the extra mile with those snazzy shoes.

For some reason, I enjoy the fact that Sonic's sporting a softer, slightly tealer hue, and the shading is a little subtle. And it's just nice-looking all around.

• Thumbs Up 4

That art is super cool. I wonder when this meme stuff will end though. Like 10, 20, even 30 years down the line, will that shit still be on the regular with this series? 

Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, monkokaio said:

That art is super cool. I wonder when this meme stuff will end though. Like 10, 20, even 30 years down the line, will that shit still be on the regular with this series? 

Sigh.

I've admittedly laugh at a couple of them on twitter but even now I'm kinda going "okay, the memes were fine and funny for a bit but this constant meme spamming is getting pretty ridiculous." Hopefully Aaron will cool it down with that for a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeahh...the humor of memes is limited. It was funny at first that they were just being so utterly casual and whatnot with their social media, but I mean, there's more to Sonic than that. I love that there's a lot of humor, but I just hope that they remember to focus more on cleverness than pure meme-ing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I can understand that the meme thing has been overdone (though to be fair, ALL memes share the same fate, one way or another. :P) but I'm certain things will change as soon as the announcement for some games are coming, Aaron will very likely change gears and start promoting the heck out of those. He has done so for Dash 2 and Runners, if I recall correctly? (He did also made a small announcement on Lost Steam so I guess that counts too?)

• Thumbs Up 3