Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

2 hours ago, Son-icka said:

So, did player lose Wumpa time when it should have been active then? 

As I mentioned before, that is the case. Hence the complaints that the weekend bonus wasn't active despite the banner saying it was.

Last Grand Prix: Man, I sure hope they fix some of the glitches in the Challenges for the next Grand Prix

This Grand Prix:

EBpuAArW4AERSk6?format=jpg&name=small

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Last Grand Prix: Man, I sure hope they fix some of the glitches in the Challenges for the next Grand Prix

This Grand Prix:

My lord this is an absolute shitshow.

• Absolutely 1

You know, Crash N.Sane got released on PC when it went multi-plat, and Spyro Reignited is getting a PC release. This game on the other hand is noticeably missing one. It's almost as if Activation avoided releasing this game on the one platform where fan patches and mods could fix all the game's issues and subvert the MTX. But no, that would be silly, right?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 2

10 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

This Grand Prix:

Jebus, that's riddiculous. 

This seems to be problem caused when the game is still on as the GP updates. You can usually fix it just by closing and then reseting the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

This seems to be problem caused when the game is still on as the GP updates. You can usually fix it just by closing and then reseting the game.

I Concurr. This happened to me multiple times during GP#1 and a reset was all it required, same with this.

No biggie really, but I did find it quite funny trying to work out what insert_character_or_kart1/2/3 was though. Just a piece of code that seemingly didn’t load correctly.

Would be worrying if 999 boost starts x 4 stuck 😂

Tell you what though, I am pretty disappointed about the relay race challenge. I really thought it might involve some collab online to do a lap each rather than simply “complete 6 laps with character x”. 

So it looks like the whole weekend multiplier got pushed slightly into the future, as it's active for me today! (Whereas, it usually ended today as far as my experiences go.)

On 8/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, CC14 of Doom said:

So it looks like the whole weekend multiplier got pushed slightly into the future, as it's active for me today! (Whereas, it usually ended today as far as my experiences go.)

It's nice to have,  but it doesn't excuse how shoddily the beginning of each weekend is being handled as people ended up wasting wumpa time that could've been doubled.

It's a mistery xD Sigh, didn't had the time during the weekend to farm some Wumpa Coins. Too much work to be done before gaming. Still, I'm only missing like 3 skins. I don't care that much for paintjobs and the only ser of wheels I wanted (the red lava one) I already bought. As for the paintjobs... Quartz look nice I guess.

Man, speaking of skins... I still didn't finished the time trials and unlocked N. Tropy... Do I need to unlock him in order to buy the Stone Age skin?

Caddicarus has done a follow up. Think after seeing the prices he's even more pissed.

Of all the tracks to put the "No Boost Needed" challenge on, Hyper Speedway has to be one of the most ungodly idiotic choices to put that on.

I'm so glad I filled out the Nitro gauge already so I don't have to put up with this. But I feel for anyone else who does.

• Absolutely 2

Wow. This obviously proves that the GP challenges are computer generated, like, holy shit. That's literally impossible. What the hell is going on at Beenox?

5 minutes ago, Jango said:

Wow. This obviously proves that the GP challenges are computer generated, like, holy shit. That's literally impossible. What the hell is going on at Beenox?

Oh, that's not even touching base on how Relic Hoarder challenges don't register if you get platinum relic runs or how "Sky's The Limit" doesn't seem to be working either.

All this talk of the GP being broken and guess what? I go to check for updates before heading off to bed and there's a new patch out. What it does, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Probably nothing, but here's hoping.

58 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

All this talk of the GP being broken and guess what? I go to check for updates before heading off to bed and there's a new patch out. What it does, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Probably nothing, but here's hoping.

God forbid it make things worse like the last patch reportedly did.

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Of all the tracks to put the "No Boost Needed" challenge on, Hyper Speedway has to be one of the most ungodly idiotic choices to put that on.

That’s amazing. Not in a good way. But it still gave me a laugh XD

At the very least it’s one daily challenge. But yeah... computer generated much? Or someone is not paying attention. 

11 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Caddicarus has done a follow up. Think after seeing the prices he's even more pissed.

Yup, yup and yup.

Just for counter I think Canadian Guy Eh has the pretty rationable video currently. With a good follow up on how Nitro point buying will likely work which I’ve already explained in a previous post as well.

I was considering just playing a game for it's own sake today and it might be this one if I actually do it. If only so I can finally play the thing.

But now there's an incentive in gaining an appreciation for what is apparently an increasingly hot mess.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:35 PM, Sonictrainer said:

This Grand Prix:

Ah yes, CHARACTERNAME_A.. What a classic part of the franchise.

It honestly shouldn't be surprising that the Japanese localisation is also a half-assed job compared to a PS1 game.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It honestly shouldn't be surprising that the Japanese localisation is also a half-assed job compared to a PS1 game.

Changes pretty much bordering on controversy. Figures.

Speaking of controversy 

News has arrived of the game getting new Kart parts, wheels, paint job, the works.

A few catches though. It's being done as cross-promotion which sees you needing to buy trident gum and sour patch kids to get codes....oh and someone on reddit confirmed with Activision on Twitter that the codes are US-exclusive.

No word on whether or not these will be available in the Pit stop. It wouldn't be the first time certain items aren't available outside of exclusive means with this game and given that it's a cross-promotion, people aren't exactly getting their hopes up.