Jump to content
Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Reveal Trailer


Patron

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Congrats! You wasted $10!

Maybe I lost $10, but I can't risk the chance to win a few souls!

j/k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what they should have released at the Sonic panel back in March... Teasing teasers is so laaaaame... But yaaaay E3 hype hype

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do I get the feeling the story will be a bunch of static still scenes mostly like free riders, and not actual cutscenes save for a very select few amount?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Who is this... cat tho?

New character for sure, it can't be Big or Eggman in disguise.

Maybe it's Modern Rocky =P

180?cb=20141221030824&path-prefix=protag

 

Seriously though, with that moustache, it's probably just Eggman or a new henchman.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why do I get the feeling the story will be a bunch of static still scenes mostly like free riders, and not actual cutscenes save for a very select few amount?

I actually wouldn't mind that, if we get better character interactions instead.

Also 15 characters actually doesn't sound too bad, the perfect roster to me would be:

1. Sonic

2. Tails

3. Knuckles

4. Shadow

5. Rouge

6. Omega

7. Amy

8. Cream

9. Big

10. Blaze

11. Silver

12. Espio or Vector

13. Eggman

14. Egg Pawn

15. Metal Sonic

 

... That's actually really good tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Wait for them to replace Cream with Classic Sonic

i will throw my phone out the window

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Wait for them to replace Cream with Classic Sonic

They'll lose costumers, we're tired of this mute puppet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Marco9966 said:

They'll lose costumers, we're tired of this mute puppet.

Eh, it's a spin-off, they can do whatever they want

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MarioAmigosYT said:

Eh, it's a spin-off, they can do whatever they want

And I can do whatever I want when I don't buy it the second I see Classic Sonic in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

They'll lose costumers, we're tired of this mute puppet.

Still better classic than Zavok or poundland Shadow AKA Infinate

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Still better classic than Zavok or poundland Shadow AKA Infinate

How about none of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

How about none of them.

Sadly we may see Zavok in this.

For me my only issue with classic sonic here is I would feel he may be too similar to modern sonic and we already have Sonic clone #4377 AKA Shadow already confirmed in the game.

 

I rather have the slot open for another character like Tikal or even Sticks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey my list is perfect let's leave it at that.

... If I see Classic Sonic I will throw my phone of the window, if I see Infinite I will step on it, and if I see Zavok I will burn it. They shall not replace Cream

...Except I won't do that, I will just slap my forehead hard once.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadmanRB said:

Sadly we may see Zavok in this.

For me my only issue with classic sonic here is I would feel he may be too similar to modern sonic and we already have Sonic clone #4377 AKA Shadow already confirmed in the game

My thing is I don't wanna play as a same character. Same character but with black eyes, that's not fun.

At least Shadow has different design and color, heck is a different PERSON.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

I actually wouldn't mind that, if we get better character interactions instead.

Also 15 characters actually doesn't sound too bad, the perfect roster to me would be:

1. Sonic

2. Tails

3. Knuckles

4. Shadow

5. Rouge

6. Omega

7. Amy

8. Cream

9. Big

10. Blaze

11. Silver

12. Espio or Vector

13. Eggman

14. Egg Pawn

15. Metal Sonic

 

... That's actually really good tbh.

The Egg Pawn might just be a story mode opponent character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Miragnarok said:

The Egg Pawn might just be a story mode opponent character.

Then Espio and Vector. Charmy can be the flag boy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The Egg Pawn might just be a story mode opponent character.

Indeed that is my thought.

But yeah i dont think cream will be an issue, I dont feel she will be left out.

But its still early, I mean half the roster of playable characters could just be members of the deadly 6 for all we know (and it is there were i get angry, I mean come on sega if its that you can go to hell, you got a full roster of other characters you could have used and no one likes the deadly 6)

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Hopefully there is no Infinite neither Deadly Six.

The good thing is that Sumo is working on it so they are way smarter than Sonic Team in terms of knowing what people want and don't want. So I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Hopefully there is no Infinite neither Deadly Six.

Well maybe Zavok based on the categories that are advertised to be featured in the game with one being power.

And Infinite could be in the speed or technique category.... that is if he is a playable character.

I mean again we could see some non playable characters in the game that do race, I am fine if infinite or even the deadly 6 are non playable and are potential rivals just dont murder the choice of the core 15 characters.

Heck its fine if classic sonic is just a rival or unlockable or a alternate skin just dont put him in the default lineup.

Its all fine if the deadly 6 and classic sonic are in a DLC or unlockable or something, thats something I can get behind.

But if DLC only make it 5 bucks or something, that is fine in my opinion.

Just no microtransaction crap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

I'd rather have the racers themselves feature customization with alt skins. That way, we could potentially have a "Classic", or "Boom" skin for Sonic without needing to go and take up an entire racer slot. Having Boom/Classic alts for the likes of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, maybe a Werehog for Sonic, Shadow could have Infinite, or if we want to really go down the rabbit hole - Mephiles etc.

Metal could have Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic etc. Characters I don't particularly like enough to have full slots like Infinite, Mephiles, Classic, Boom etc could be fun little representation in alternative skins/costumes that don't effect the character's main voice lines/car/whatever. If this was the case, I'd even welcome Zavok into the roster with the possibility of making him a Bowser Jr like character and allow people to palette swap Zavok into the other Deadly Six members.

  • Thumbs Up 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'd rather have the racers themselves feature customization with alt skins. That way, we could potentially have a "Classic", or "Boom" skin for Sonic without needing to go and take up an entire racer slot. Having Boom/Classic alts for the likes of Tails, Knuckles, Amy, maybe a Werehog for Sonic, Shadow could have Infinite, or if we want to really go down the rabbit hole - Mephiles etc.

Metal could have Silver Sonic, Mecha Sonic etc. Characters I don't particularly like enough to have full slots like Infinite, Mephiles, Classic, Boom etc could be fun little representation in alternative skins/costumes that don't effect the character's main voice lines/car/whatever. If this was the case, I'd even welcome Zavok into the roster with the possibility of making him a Bowser Jr like character and allow people to palette swap Zavok into the other Deadly Six members.

yeah that will be fine, but i do hope it doesnt lead to microtransactions.

DLC is fine if its cheap and optional but please no microtransactions

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sonic Team not touching this gives me a sigh of relief, I'm sure it'll turn out just fine then.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think in this case it's all three Chaotix or none, which is why they might not make it in. Putting Vector in Team Rose was only a temporary setup in Riders which ended as soon as the Grand Prix was over, but as soon as Team moves are involved, it starts looking really weird pairing up random characters. This mechanic also prevents putting two or all of them in one vehicle, unless there are two-character teams.

From our Sonic Heroes+/Runners cast, I think it all comes down to the Chaotix, Cream&Big, Omega or Silver&Blaze not making it in the base roster. If Omega's not there, Eggman can fill in at Team Dark making room for an extra team, but more likely Eggman will have his own with Metal Sonic and Egg Pawn or some other lackey. If Silver and Blaze join Team Rose, then Big and Cream will not be there, if they have their own team Sticks or a Chao racer might join in. So I see three options:

  • Team Sonic, Dark (Eggman), Rose, Chaotix and Special (e.g. Metal Sonic, Blaze and Silver)
  • Team Sonic, Dark (Omega), Rose (featuring Silver and Blaze), Robotnik and Chaotix
  • Team Sonic, Dark, Rose, Robotnik, as well as Silver, Blaze and ???

However, I know Sumo's games often have unexpected rather than safe roster choices, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had not one, but two of those teams removed for a Team Classic or a Team Illusion (Metal/Infinite+Chaos+Zavok).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.