Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

Never knew it was even possible for a video game to be released and get GOTY in my heart, and then to get an upgraded version the very next year and still get GOTY in my heart. 2018 isn't even over yet. Wow. 

Anyways, haven't watched any videos but reading the added things and changes, absolutely freaking loving it all! Though, there's a curious question about whether or not you can play the original Metal Sonic fight in Stardust Speedway, or if the Metal Sonic Kai permanent? If it's permanent, then I may not update my PS4 and Switch digital versions of vanilla Mania, and will just play physical Mania Plus on Switch and PS4 just to preserve the original version. 

But anyways, Super Peel Out on regular save files? YES!

4 hours ago, superman43 said:

Everything is canon...

Despite Aaron trotting out the line over and over again, this is not true. There are definitely some games that aren't considered canon at all. 

4 hours ago, Pengi said:

Metal Sonic Kai is a misnomer. That's just what Metal Sonic was called in Chaotix in general (because he was upgraded from Sonic CD and given a plasma beam). The giant version doesn't have an official name.

Ah, okay.

7 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Just did a no-hit playthrough of the new MS boss fight. Enjoy!

Do you like my technique?

Fucking love this boss fight now. The original was good, but this is much better. Shorter and the Metal Sonic Kai is a good challenge.

You're awesome, man. Also,  I love all the little detail like the glass cover on its belly getting cracks when it gets enough hits. 

• Thumbs Up 3

*checks the leak out*

*sees the scope a simple update has*

tumblr_inline_p7cicmW9ih1thtl7y_500.gif&

... Ooooooh... When they mean encore mode... They mean Mania didn't really get to finish, don't they?

Also love the little jump Tails gives at the sound of lightning. Does that count as an OVA reference?

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Way Past Cool 3

The transition to Titan Monarch felt incomplete, too. Knuckles stares at it lighting up and then it fades to him being there.

5 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Also for comparsion

21df759120a89bbf5e18adc94521aafe.gif

I can't stop laughing at this animation.

It's uncomfortably smooth for how pointless it is, he doesn't even really use his hands in that boss.

56 minutes ago, Marcello said:

21df759120a89bbf5e18adc94521aafe.gif

He looks like he wants to tickle you instead of fight.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

*checks the leak out*

... Ooooooh... When they mean encore mode... They mean Mania didn't really get to finish, don't they?

Also love the little jump Tails gives at the sound of lightning. Does that count as an OVA reference?

It’s not exclusively an OVA thing. His profile in Sonic Jam mentions it, for instance.

9 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

It’s not exclusively an OVA thing. His profile in Sonic Jam mentions it, for instance.

He's also afraid of lightning in Sonic Boom.

Safe to say that's a part of Tails' canon personality.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Which came out after the OVA...

If ya want to think about it the roundabout way, it's just one extended reference to the OVA.

Now Sonic just needs to flip someone the bird...at random.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

You're awesome, man. Also,  I love all the little detail like the glass cover on its belly getting cracks when it gets enough hits. 

That could be a Sonic 3D Blast reference (In Act 3, against Eggman, his Eggmobile cracking with more and more hits).

So, Metal Sonic reference to Chaotix and the cracking to Sonic 3D Blast. :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

I have now done a full playthrough of the new version:

Has all new transitions and the new MS boss fight, etc.

This isn't a vintage playthrough. I die and get hit a lot. Think I was half asleep when I did this, ha.

I do like Metal Sonic Kai's design in the new boss fight and giving it MS blue color makes sense for consistency. Although, Chaotix version of Kai feels more menacing.

I like that they added Eggman to the boss fight (even though his appearance is brief). Also, good to see the Phantom Ruby used more.

There are now a total of 14 in-game between-zone cutscenes in Mania. Six feature the Phantom Ruby and the other eight are normal (3K style) transitions.

EDIT: Also, new Super Sonic animations:

• Thumbs Up 7

So Titanic Monarch is indeed in Little Planet, but not exactly place, just Eggman's huge ass robot (and the construction site around it).

That explains why this zone isn't named like the others CD zones. Hm.

Man, I love Press Garden's new intro, in my idea, Tails would simply lift Sonic from FBZ to PGZ, but the Sonic 2 Game Gear reference is everything I didn't knew I wanted :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

You ever thought of just ramming into eggman as super sonic when he's in his propeller phase? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Dangerous WOO! engine said:

You ever thought of just ramming into eggman as super sonic when he's in his propeller phase? Just curious.

You need to slow (Super) Sonic down by hitting a barrier, spikes or those bombs (etc) to allow Eggman to catch up and hit Sonic which does cause Eggman to take damage, so that he can be destroyed more quickly. Like this:

I assume you could do this in the original version of Mania.

I'm going to do a Tails (& Knuckles) full playthrough (with CRT enabled). If there's anything else you'd like me to show-off, then just ask.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

This right here is something I'm astoundingly pleased to see done. I always figured it was never done before due to time and memory resources but as Mania shouldn't have those problems (with plus taking care of the time aspect) it's awesome to finally see it done.

This is excellent!

So I take it this means (when it officially releases) that the update is free for the initial patches, character animation upgrades, zone transitions and some other lovely tweaks.

And the “paid DLC” for those that want this digitally and don’t buy plus as a hard copy is basically for encore mode, Ray & Mighty?

I’m down with this! ? Means we get a free update that improves an already great game and then you can optionally pay extra for additional content only.

And hey, looking at the video above they’ve fixed... or rather now added Sonic’s Hyrdocity flume sliding/falling animation - this never bothered me but I know it was a real nitpick for a few - it’s nice to see they’ve really gone to lengths in addressing even little details and adding lots of of neat little touches. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, The Deleter said:

*checks the leak out*

10 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Which came out after the OVA...

If ya want to think about it the roundabout way, it's just one extended reference to the OVA.

Now Sonic just needs to flip someone the bird...at random.

Yeah. Tails's fear of lightning was first established in Sonic OVA and has carried on as a cannon fear of his since. So by all rights, it is a direct reference to the OVA.

I too would love to see Sonic flip Eggman the bird, though I am not sure it would be wise. Considering the oversensitive, trigger happy, 'think of the kids' society we have today. I mean, I maybe exaggerating it a bit. But I know it wouldn't fly if Sonic actually did in the game.

Anyway, that is one beaut of a view for the foreshadowed end in the Titanic Monarch. And this is why fan creativity of this caliber will always hold true in the Sonic fandom. You get lovely little scene transitions like this that have love in every detail.

I think they changed the way rings move when you get hit in the Octopus fight. In this new version the rings stay in the oil for a few seconds instead of spreading everywhere like usual

Sin título.png

• Thumbs Up 4

That does look like it from the image and it would make sense to do that. That would make ring collecting a little easier considering how much the oil slows you down. And the Octopus boss fight is on a lot of people's shit lists as it is. Mine's included.

Edited by Ashwalking Bat

23 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

The Oil Ocean Act 2 boss seems to have had A LOT of changes to it:
-When platforms are pulled down, you don't get insta-killed.
-Rings slowly float down the oil
-The lazer-shooting gun ONLY shoots 2 times (rather than 3)
-The LavaReef "shooters" no longer focus on the player, but shoot AT Robotnik, then with each shot aim higher and higher
-One of the LavaReef "shooters" moves to be on the other side of the middle platform to sink back down

Overall, it looks like the boss is now A LOT easier, less Cheap, and not so much of a "waiting" game by a little.

This was a much needed change for that boss. Hopefully this will take the Octopus boss of the most hated/loathed list. Even I have to admit that it was difficult to a bit of unnecessary extreme. I get having challenge, but it was a bit ridiculous with what it could do and the waiting. GOD THE WAITING!!

And to quote myself with the rings thing earlier-

That does look like it from the image and it would make sense to do that. That would make ring collecting a little easier considering how much the oil slows you down.

Edited by Ashwalking Bat

32 minutes ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

This was a much needed change for that boss. Hopefully this will take the Octopus boss of the most hated/loathed list. Even I have to admit that it was difficult to a bit of unnecessary extreme. I get having challenge, but it was a bit ridiculous with what it could do and the waiting. GOD THE WAITING!!

And to quote myself with the rings thing earlier-

That is the second boss that could do well with an "easy/hard mode"... easy being original Metal Sonic phase 3 + reworked OOZ bosses for both Acts, hard being new Metal Sonic phase 3 and OOZ bosses in original release.

One more question... are the Death Egg Robot´s feet in GHZ now dangerous for players or is it the same as in pre-patch version ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1