Awoo.

Sonic Fan J Art Thread

Sonic Fan J

Two new pics to post today, even though they aren't really that new if you've seen my avatar and page header. Anyway here we go

spacer.png

First up is Rosy as I'm wont to draw her on a regular basis, though this particular pic was drawn in response to me surpassing 100 followers on tumblr. That's a pretty big deal to me and you can find the version with the thank you message here.

Before I drew here though I actually bothered to draw Sonic himself for the first time in a long while.

spacer.png

I wanted to absolutely nail him for this pic so I ended up heavily referencing that old Sonic CD wallpaper for the PS3. In the end I found it worth it though as I just love how he came out 😊 I hope everyone else enjoys as well 😊

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure how to word this, but todays piece is less a piece of art and more a concept sketch.

To give some context before posting it though, as Rosy, my Amy Rose redesign, is supposed to have Sonic's moveset and gameplay I needed a way to still make her unique (regardless of the chances of ever getting her programed as I'm no programmer). As a result I came up with a gameplay idea a long time ago here

that I've now conceptualized an animation around. The concept sketch for it is as follows

13463517cf54c183a4edc9f8a1a2d23a651b90a0

I'm not particularly good at sketching out concepts and animations, but I hope everyone enjoys 😊

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't usually share the pics I'm completely unhappy with, but I figured I'd post this one to get some feedback for a change.

spacer.png

Strangely, it's been getting likes and no feedback so I figured I'd throw it here as well. I hope everyone enjoys now that it's here 😊

• Thumbs Up 3

And a pic two days in a row, that doesn't happen often 🤣

ee6abaa8904c9a66bd6df355eecee02d75d414d7

Probably not a surprise that I'm drawing Rosy again, but I had an idea and wanted to see it through so here we are 😅
Anyway, if you noticed, I didn't do a fully Classic style on her this time instead kind of slapping together a Classic/Modern mishmash. That was actually beneficial here as it allowed me to better capture the pose so I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out 😄 And yes, Spikes there I pretty much lifted straight from Oshima's Sonic 1 art 😅

And this was a lot of fun so I also have a bunch of extra pics on it to show how it's constructed as well as a cool little arc decoish piece. It's a bit of scrolling though so I'll drop them under a spoiler to save space and loading times.

Spoiler

63aec6a59d68985e193388f30809eef14f682972

f7ea4453418dccd0ab5e605de4ec41b2b15307ce

0547af0d0368dde4648c70444da0b8c7a87da337

43c9ff273ad8fa1f12da56192ae7bbc9b463cc6a

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys 😊

• Thumbs Up 2

And today's update is related to my art but is not my art. Instead, it's a link to Evan Stanley's drawing of my redesigned Amy Rose, Rosy.

Evan did such a good job and I'm elated to have been able to commission her. I hope everyone enjoys and remembers to check out her twitter feed.

• Thumbs Up 4

And time for a new pic,

spacer.png

Yup, it's Rosy again 😅 She's as much a new pic as she is an experimental pic and teaching pic. I love how Evan Stanley drew her so much that I wanted to see what I could learn from referencing her style to take back into my own. So, that's how this piece came to be. It obviously isn't even close to Evan's style, but it did serve it's purpose well as an educational process. the coloring is a little over textured in my opinion and her right hand was a nightmare to draw 🤣 Sonic characters having jumbo hands and noodle limbs resulted in me having to rework it so many times just so it looked the right size. So of course instead of holding her upper shin she is also engulfing her knee 😂 But even then I'm happy enough as she served her purpose and now it's time to see what I can take from the experience.

Also, since I forgot to post it, check the spoiler for a wallpaper version of my last post

Spoiler

997c95522035db7ae0173c48c697f66c916e427a

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

This is one of my favorite pics by you so far. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's so good. I like the shading and the way her eyes look. Keep up the good work!

(1991st post! Yay!)

• Thumbs Up 1

So, another day another drawing

98a7127fe523b76d3c97d6a2220811853c58e896

Didn’t really come out well, but one last bit of practice heavily referencing Evan Stanley's style while drawing my Amy redesign before moving back to my normal style. Might have something to share in a few days, but until then enjoy this piece.

• Thumbs Up 4

So veering off of my recent Evan Stanly referencing and seeing what type of style mixtures I can come up with.

spacer.png

Obviously going back to something simpler as I'm trying to find a style that's easy to draw and feels me. I may just in the future split between my typical Toei influenced style and more Modern style individually, but I'm still willing to experiment for now. Feedback on the style is appreciated (though I know the legs are on the thick side) and I hope everyone enjoys.

• Thumbs Up 4

Style experiment #2

spacer.png

Went back hard into my usual style while trying to integrate that modern torso from Evan Stanley's pic of her. I'm really happy with the style but am still looking for more feedback. Not on the art itself though as I know about all of the problems there (forgot to keep flipping the pic to make sure it was staying balanced) but I would appreciate some thoughts on the style itself. thank you very much and enjoy 😊

• Thumbs Up 4

Realized only after I started posting it to social media that I messed up right ear, but here's Rosy again

spacer.png

Aside's from the ear problem, was playing around with the last style I posted and am really enjoying. I'm a bit slow with it still and need to practice to speed up some, but I'm thinking of putting together a reference sheet for this style. In the meantime, please enjoy everyone 😄

[EDIT]: and went back and fixed the ear. Ahh~, that's so much better. Oh, I also snuck in a few more shadows.

Edited by Sonic Fan J
Updating pic
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Yup, this hybrid style is pretty darn nice. I like her pose a lot, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I was on here it seems 😅 But I'm back with for good reason! It's @Failinhearts's birthday and I have birthday art!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy Birthday Failin'!

• Thumbs Up 2