Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

If that's the case, I'm starting to raise some interest in this game. Have 3 different tracks (zones) but with the same theme (spooky, city, tropical, airship) instead of 3 tracks based on the same zone (like the first All-Stars Racing).

The "spooky set" could easily be:

- Sandopolis/Death Chamber

- Pumpkim Hill

- Hang Castle (I would LOVE this).

A "city set" could have:

- City Escape (because really, who doesn't like it?)

- Metropolitan Highway (Forces)

- Speed Highway? I really don't know why it wasn't literally the first option for a track based on the Sonic world.

Ahhhh, look at what you made me do, Aaron! I'm making wish lists :(

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 10/13/2018 at 9:06 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

The Mario side had just as many costumes. The Sonic side wasn't being treated better because whichever character didn't make it. Not that it matters. 

The focus of those games was to decorate themselves in as much fan-service from both Sonic and Mario. It's something they seemingly do a bit better at when they have another series or two to live up to. Or when they're making a mobile game. 

There are other things to consider, like when those games were made, who was in-charge of them, what stuff was just carried over from a time when they cared a bit more, what selective things they've decided to acknowledge that day, and other things.

On the whole though, expecting too much from them isn't in the cards at all nowadays. They usually strike well within the ballpark of expectation when you don't expect much. That isn't ideal but it leaves you open to being surprised should they do something that actually going beyond what's expected. 

It wasn’t about the number of costumes, but rather WHO was depicted. Mario just got a lot of generic enemies. If the other Sonic costumes were just stuff like Slicer and Egg Fighter they would indeed be equal. But since Sonic had some old specific characters Mario did not...

3 hours ago, Jango said:

If that's the case, I'm starting to raise some interest in this game. Have 3 different tracks (zones) but with the same theme (spooky, city, tropical, airship) instead of 3 tracks based on the same zone (like the first All-Stars Racing).

The "spooky set" could easily be:

- Sandopolis/Death Chamber

- Pumpkim Hill

- Hang Castle (I would LOVE this).

A "city set" could have:

- Speed Highway? I really don't know why it wasn't literally the first option for a track based on the Sonic world.

The thing is that Sandopolis and Death Chamber appear to be in the same general area. It’s a nice observation. 

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

It wasn’t about the number of costumes, but rather WHO was depicted. Mario just got a lot of generic enemies. If the other Sonic costumes were just stuff like Slicer and Egg Fighter they would indeed be equal. But since Sonic had some old specific characters Mario did not...

Who cares? The argument being made in response to what you said pages back has very little riding on which characters they chose to be costumes in the Olympic Games. You're arguing a non-sequitur here. No one's gonna believe that there's a chance for more characters and further DLC down the line in this game because some Mario characters didn't get costumes for your Mii in the Olympic games.

On 11/1/2018 at 1:54 AM, Miragnarok said:

The thing is that Sandopolis and Death Chamber appear to be in the same general area. It’s a nice observation. 

Yeah it's starting to kill all hope of getting a Pumpkin Hill track.

It was my most wanted track too. After Smash, I'm not sure getting my hopes up is for the best.

1 hour ago, kalion said:

It was my most wanted track too. After Smash, I'm not sure getting my hopes up is for the best.

I doubt it matters for this game, honestly, considering how Ice Mountain is a mash-up of many different ice levels. Pumpkin Hill happens to be located not far from the pyramid anyway:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

8 hours ago, kalion said:

Remember the hint Twitter gave out? 

Anyone wanna work on TSR?

*Before anyone panics. I very much doubt this role is for this game, or at the very most it'll be for additional future content. 

Almost certain it'll be for a different project.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

I know a lot of fans who are interested in this. They are such good critics of Sumo's stuff that they will surely be better at their own job.

Oh dude, heck no, I think they saw the backlash this game was getting and decided to make a 180° on the project and add more content (tracks, maybe characters), which is why they're hiring, perhaps it's a temporary job even (untill TSR is done). Vehicle handling is odd tho', unless they're still tweaking the controls... or yeah, they're making yet another racing game... But already? 

42 minutes ago, I Love Sticks said:

I know a lot of fans who are interested in this. They are such good critics of Sumo's stuff that they will surely be better at their own job.

Do those people have any experience in working with Unreal Engine and 3D track design?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, I Love Sticks said:

Don't have to be a chef and/or stand squatted over yer plate, etc etc. 

9 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Anyone wanna work on TSR?

*Before anyone panics. I very much doubt this role is for this game, or at the very most it'll be for additional future content. 

Almost certain it'll be for a different project.

Well I mean, they're using TSR in the image. I don't think Sega would allow them to use it if it were for some other racing game.

29 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Well I mean, they using TSR in the image. I don't think Sega would allow them to use it if it were for some other racing game.

Sumo uses material like this for all their adverts, even for Sumo India projects.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

On 10/31/2018 at 6:39 PM, Jango said:

A "city set" could have:

For me personally, the simultaneous reveal of BOO'S HOUSE and Tee Lopes as someone who is composing for this game, it seems very likely that there will be a city track that could include elements of Studiopolis!!  Speed Highway and City Escape feel like very logical reference points as well!!

-21 race tracks, some brand-new, some based on older locations

-Iizuka's favorite character here is Shadow, whose dialogue mostly revolves around tactics. "Deal with it, Sonic!"

-Cool Edge and Rooftop Run's themes are still amazing.

I'm still holding out hope for this one. Maybe the delay will make a big enough difference.

• Thumbs Up 2

Iizuka's favorite has always been Shadow so whatever. The inspiration for this game idea is something I've heard before too and... I guess it's better than handing out participation trophies. Making a game where the object is to work together is a nice enough way to rectify that in a sense but I still need a bit more to be convinced I guess.

Hiring track and vehicle handling designers? Sure. That might be for the sake of tweaking some things in current tracks I guess. The delay is certainly a huge one so I guess that'd be enough time to do something like that at the most. I don't think it's for the sake of more actual tracks and characters though. 

Shadow sounds like he has a different voice?

Wait no no , might be the same. Might just be sound overlay messing with me.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:48 PM, Mayor D said:

Do those people have any experience in working with Unreal Engine and 3D track design?

Actually Yes.

Someone on the Sonic Reddit noticed something interesting in the latest trailer- or rather, someONE:

Spoiler

ymx34pbhukx11.png

Suppose it was just a matter of time, since we've already seen him on a billboard.

Shifting gears, Amy now has her own fertilizer:

mg5lucu535x11.jpg?width=341&auto=webp&s=1dbad33dfea0229c90c7b01486cd612beae65db4

Guess she finally found a use for all that bull---- she's been deluding herself with over Sonic.

7 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Someone on the Sonic Reddit noticed something interesting in the latest trailer- or rather, someONE:

Hide contents

ymx34pbhukx11.png

Suppose it was just a matter of time, since we've already seen him on a billboard.

...Who is that now?

8 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Shifting gears, Amy now has her own fertilizer:

mg5lucu535x11.jpg?width=341&auto=webp&s=1dbad33dfea0229c90c7b01486cd612beae65db4

Guess she finally found a use for all that bull---- she's been deluding herself with over Sonic.

OMG, that's horrible! :joy: 

I thought you were gonna point out that Eggman was clearly in that footage. I figured someone on here would have by now. I guess they didn't notice because it wasn't focused on him for that long. 

Here's Eggman in his car in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Eggman in TSR.png

It looks like he's got exhaust pipes hanging out the sides or something.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

God forbid she has business unrelated to Sonic