Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

>people say this kind of stuff
>people completely forget about the lack of Switch or PC in the listed platforms

pls

It will MOST LIKELY have at least a PC port down the line, calm down. 

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

>people say this kind of stuff
>people completely forget about the lack of Switch or PC in the listed platforms

pls

Like those won't be coming. Pfft. There's no way Activision is going to miss out on Switch and PC money. 

Besides, Crash the N-Aane trilogy had trailers excluding the Xbox One logo before the Xbone got in.  So,  essentially,  we just have a reverse of that scenario .

Either way,  exclusivity beggars are going to be hilariously pissed. 

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

It will MOST LIKELY have at least a PC port down the line, calm down. 

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

Like those won't be coming. Pfft. There's no way Activision is going to miss out on Switch and PC money. 

Besides, Crash the N-Aane trilogy had trailers excluding the Xbox One logo before the Xbone got in.  So,  essentially,  we just have a reverse of that scenario .

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just stating that "everybody will be able to play at the same time" or "NO 1-YEAR EXCLUSIVITY YUS!" is wrong. I'm not doubting the game is gonna come out in both of the platforms.

BTW, yep, you can watch the english trailer by inputing the demo code on Crash NST!! Sadly no actual demo:(

Press release from PS Blog:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/05/hes-back-spyro-reignited-trilogy-roars-onto-ps4-this-september/

Toys for Bob has long admired the original Spyro trilogy. Long before Skylanders, way back in 1998, the very first Spyro the Dragon was an inspiration to us. The level design, the controls, the art style, the humour, the music, the sense of discovery – it was groundbreaking in so many ways. There’s no getting around the fact that the feisty purple dragon is one of the most important and influential heroes in 3D platformer history.

Now 20 years on, we are deeply honoured to have the responsibility of remastering Insomniac’s historic trilogy, and our most powerful motivator is knowing how important Spyro is to millions of passionate fans across the globe.

Updating a Classic:

Remastering a classic is a unique undertaking for a game developer – unlike the creation of a new game where you have to find the fun, you’re starting with a game that already has proven, time-tested fun.

The real challenge lies in how to remaster a beloved classic in such a way that is true to the spirit and feel of the original while also maximizing fidelity (art, animation, visual effects, sound effects, music, controls) and integrating quality-of-life improvements that modern players expect (analogue stick camera control, auto-save system, more fast-travel options, etc.).

Staying True: 

Given the intense passion the fans have for the original trilogy, we are approaching development with reverence – a deep respect for all the decisions that went into making the original games.

In the interest of getting the feel right, one of the first things we agreed upon internally was that Spyro’s original movement metrics — speeds and accelerations for walking, running, jumping, charging, gliding, flying, swimming, hovering, and more – should be matched as closely as possible.

And in a similar vein, an authentic recreation of the platforming gameplay throughout the expansive and enchanted levels of the original trilogy would require the dimensions and collision details of the world geometry to come very close to matching the originals. Needless to say, the Dragon Realms of 2018 utilise considerably more polygons than their 1998 counterparts.

Engineering Magic: 

In the interest of recapturing the enchanted details from the classic trilogy in fine detail, our programming team set out to magically slurp inspiration directly from the original games. Spyroscope was born.

This internally developed tool sends fairies into the original games who convert game details into a format that designers can easily interpret, allowing for extremely accurate game object placement and motion.

Ultimately, we were also able to leverage many of the original assets such as level models, level collision, animated objects, character models, music, game text, and game sounds through a combination of other in-house tools and a few payments to Moneybags.

"Thanks for Releasing Me!" 

Upon this solid foundation of data from the original trilogy, we’ve set out to craft a remaster trilogy worthy of Spyro’s 20th anniversary celebration. Each day, we’re working hard to fill the Dragon Realms, Avalar, and the Forgotten Realms with all the magic you remember. We can’t wait to share it with you all later this year.

Stay posted for more updates from the team – we look forward to revealing more details with the PlayStation community as the release date approaches. In the meantime, we hope you don’t have too much trouble with the trolley.

TL;DR Details: 

• Better autosave functionality
  • More fast-travel options between home worlds and the portal worlds
  • Spyro's original movement details have been recreated as closely as possible to the original.
  • World geometry is extremely close to the original levels.
  • Extremely accurate game object placement and motion
  • Moneybags is mentioned, even as a joke.
  • It's indeed been made to celebrate Spyro's 20th anniversary (take notes Insomniac). 
  • Thumbs Up 2

SPYRO, THE ORIGINAL ROAST MASTER, IS BACK! SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY ARRIVES SEPT. 21

Apr 5, 2018

The Iconic Purple Dragon is Fully Remastered, All Scaled Up and Just in Time to Celebrate His 20th Anniversary

Starting Today, PlayStation Players in North America Can View the Spyro Reignited Trilogy Trailer in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy’s Game Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped!

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 5, 2018-- Spyro has been unleashed! He’s all scaled up and ready to flare up some bad guys in Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy, a dynamic gaming collection that’s going to have fans “Spyro-ing” out of control on Sept. 21. In Spyro Reignited Trilogy, gliding to new heights, unleashing fire-breathing attacks, and exploring lush environments is more fun in HD graphical glory on PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro and the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X. Spyro Reignited Trilogy introduces players to a fully remastered game collection of the three original Spyro™ games that started the phenomenon: Spyro™ the Dragon, Spyro™ 2: Ripto’s Rage! and Spyro™: Year of the Dragon. The Spyro Reignited Trilogy is available now to pre-order via major retailers at a suggested retail price of $39.99.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180405005319/en/

In celebration of Spyro’s 20th anniversary, Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) is bringing the heat to fans before his official return this September. As a throwback to the original Spyro unveil, starting today Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy players in North America on PlayStation 4 can enter the iconic code (↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → square) into their controllers in the Crash Bandicoot™ 3: Warped title screen to watch the Spyro Reignited Trilogy trailer.

Remade from the ground up by lead developer Toys for Bob, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy features the fun and nostalgic gameplay that fans remember with more than 100 levels, enhanced reward sequences, Spyro’s gang of zany dragons and other goofballs (including Sparx the Dragonfly, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9 and Sgt. Byrd) and more. The trilogy also includes improved environments, updated controls, brand-new lighting and recreated cinematics for added flavor in this one-of-a-kind adventure.

“We’re deeply passionate about staying true to the legacy of the original three Spyro games with the Spyro Reignited Trilogy,” said Paul Yan, Chief Creative Officer at Toys For Bob. “We’ve poured a lot of love into making the personalities and worlds feel just like fans remember them, while also keeping the game collection surprisingly fresh with lush, high definition detail. We’re bringing back the Spyro we all fell in love with 20 years ago.”

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is an awesome gaming experience that builds on the excellence of the first three games. Each level in Spyro Reignited Trilogyis mapped faithfully from the originals. The characters are creatively re-imagined with additional flair, allowing fans to rekindle the fire with Spyro and his crew like never before. Players will experience a trilogy that’s loaded with an astonishing amount of detail, refreshed modern day mechanics, full analog stick support and smooth camera handling. Spyro Reignited Trilogy also re-imagines Stewart Copeland’s original soundtrack from the first three games.

Paying homage to fans, Tom Kenny, the original voice actor in Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon, has returned as the voice of Spyro in the trilogy Spyro Reignited Trilogy. For more information, please visit www.SpyroTheDragon.com and follow @SpyroTheDragon on Twitter and @Spyro on Facebook and Instagram. Lastly, subscribe to the YouTube channel at YouTube.com/SpyroTheDragon.

https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/spyro-original-roast-master-back-spyro-reignited-trilogy-arrives

Tom Kenny is confirmed. The soundtrack is also being redone, so sorry for the people who were disappointed with N. Sane Trilogy doing that xD

$40 only. Great price. Some companies could learn from that, isn't that right, Nintendo?

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

"NO 1-YEAR EXCLUSIVITY YUS!" is wrong.

Well it's not wrong because it's not exclusive to a single console now like Crash N-Sane Memes was when it was announced and released. 

Which is great because exclusives are stupid.

/saltyxboxoneowner 

nier automata i want you ;-;

So, from what I can understand,  Vicarious Visions are not integrated into the making of this game as whoever from Kotaku insisted. 

Then again,  Kotaku was pretty much wrong on all fronts anyway,  it seems. 

Small detail - the EU trailer still shows the "Ripto's Rage" icon. You could say they weren't willing to make edits...despite the fact that 1 - 

UK has edited trailers of their games before to include the proper naming convention and boxart used in that region. That's one piece of evidence.

Secondly - the PS-uploaded trailer already has an edit - it shows only the PS4 logo at the end instead of the PS4/Xbox logo. Which likely means we'll end up with the "Ripto's Rage" name and box art as opposed to Gateway to Glimmer. 

9 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just stating that "everybody will be able to play at the same time" or "NO 1-YEAR EXCLUSIVITY YUS!" is wrong. I'm not doubting the game is gonna come out in both of the platforms.

Ok, should I delete my comment? ... Sorry man.

This is actually really surreal to look at. It looks completely different from the original to the point of looking like a completely new game. Aside from the direct comparisons, I literally couldn't recognize a single level besides the Beast Makes world. On one hand I'm curious and a little disheartened that it's not going for that 1:1 look that Crash had, but at the same time, I can't say I'm not interested in seeing these worlds in a new light. In particular, Magic Crafter worlds actually look like an improvement over the original.

As for the soundtrack.... I'll keep an open mind, but I'd be more comfortable if there was an option to use the original soundtrack.

Sony gave us the exact release date (it's up on their pre-order page on the PS Store). 21st September 2018.

Interview with the developers: http://www.ign.com/videos/2018/04/05/spyro-reignited-trilogy-devs-on-remastering-classics

They say they're working with as many of the original voice actors as possible. Also, Insomniac isn't formally involved, but they have spoken with the original developers and showed them early concepts to get it right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never played Spyro before, but always liked his original design. If it comes out physically for the Switch, I'll give it a shot though, as I plan to for Crash.

I think a small portion of Year of the Dragon footage was in the trailer, wasn't the hooded figure one of the egg thieves from that game?

Just now, JosepHenry said:

The most important thing of all is that Hunter's face will finally be fixed.

Don't count on it...

• Chuckle 1

7 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

You can't fix perfection.

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think a small portion of Year of the Dragon footage was in the trailer, wasn't the hooded figure one of the egg thieves from that game?

They started appearing in the first game, dragon eggs are a collectable item you get from them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Teoskaven said:

They started appearing in the first game, egg dragons are a collectable item you get from them.

Ah, fair enough then.

1 hour ago, Blue Wisp said:

With Gnasty returning I wonder if they'll use the A Hero's Tail design or upgrade the classic one?

Also heeeeeeeell yes I can finally beat Year of the Dragon without that stupid anti-piracy bullshit.

Screw you Naughty Dog. 

1. It looks like they might mix ideas. The one Gnorc shown in the screenshots seems to harken back to the original somewhat, but also has elements of the AHT design (like the ears). 

2. Naughty Dog? 

30 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Didn't Hero's Tail give him an almost autonomically competent facial design?

I must admit I'd be interested in how the other characters look in higher polygons. Most of them looked like jagged Muppets compared to Spyro. There was more to compare to with the Crash games since a lot of the original models had actually aged well and were already pretty expressive. 

Bianca's story might be more compelling now she can convey more than just a perpetual smug look for example.

• Thumbs Up 3

Looks like if you preorder the game on the US, you get a dynamic theme for your PS4, which has what sounds like the Dark Hollow song.

Y'know, I just realized.

FalconmcBob

Toys For Bob