Awoo.

Where is Blaze the Cat?

Blueknight V2.0

3 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

So where not gonna ignore this slaps Shadow fans in the face since Shadow is about as famous as Tails is in popularity and has more recent game showings than Blaze?

How is this a slap in the face by any measure?

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

So where not gonna ignore this slaps Shadow fans in the face since Shadow is about as famous as Tails is in popularity and has more recent game showings than Blaze? 

No offense dude, but who cares? Shadow got to appear in Boom when no other [technical] Modern character didn't and starred in his own DLC for Sonic Forces.

Don't be greedy/egocentric in tone.

I'm surprised Blaze was shown before Silver too. .

Admittedly, he would've made more immediate sense to use than Blaze, but that's fine.

Look Ian, stop trying to undersell the classic fan favorites(Yes Shadow's a classic) so new cult status characters can shine. Don't they care about making money at all?

Uh, you do realize he has editors, right? Editors whose jobs are to overview, revise, and make executive suggestions/changes to what the writers come with?

For all we know, this was a change on their part. Especially since Blaze is set up to be overshadowed by Tangle.

21 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Seriously?

So where not gonna ignore this slaps Shadow fans in the face since Shadow is about as famous as Tails is in popularity and has more recent game showings than Blaze? I'm surprised Blaze was shown before Silver too. Look Ian, stop trying to undersell the classic fan favorites(Yes Shadow's a classic) so new cult status characters can shine. Don't they care about making money at all?

I hope when he shows up, Shadow doesn't have to share spotlight with Silver to prop Silver on his shoulders for a popularity boost.

... What?

How the hell is Blaze showing up early a slap to Shadow fans? Just because Shadow is popular that means he deserves spotlight before other popular characters? What a load of rubbish. And to burst your bubble farther, Blaze is just as popular if not more so then Silver. Not to mention how both Shadow & Silver already got some screen time in Forces, so they can wait little longer. Just because she isn't "your" favorite doesn't mean she is not a classic fave in the series like the other faves.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was honestly pretty heartbroken to not have Blaze in Forces at first, but the game was so underwhelming I thankfully got over it. But I was definitely worried for a while if this was going to be the beginning of the end for Blaze as a mainstay character. Honestly, the fact that the mobile team put her in Speed Battle and IDW is giving her an early debut in the comics all bodes very well. Bless those people. They got more sense than Sonic Team. :P 

And Shadow isn't even slightly hurting for anything whatsoever. So what if Blaze got in the comics before him? She's also sharing the spotlight with a new character, and you know it won't be long before the edgelord finds his way into the comics as well. Sheesh, are we really feeling bad for Shadow after his triumphant return as a playable character in Forces?  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

30 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

How is this a slap in the face by any measure?

It's a slap in the face that Sonic works with Amy and Blaze, instead of established allies and rivals of Sonic like shadow, knuckles and sometimes metal sonic. I'm not saying this as a fan, I'm saying be consistent in how to tell a story with the worlds fastest hero, and how serious we take him working with friends like Tails or Knuckles. Blaze last I checked has her own world to defend and is more incapcitated in her setting than Silver, why not him. A casual Sonic Team up is a pis disservice to her and her being more involved than Shadow in a forces still adventure is even more a pis disservice.

This seems like the same bait n switch ian used in archie to get readers into sonic with new characters while deliberately ignoring and glossing over the popular ones. It's always gonna be Sonic and Tails, maybe AMy. But Knuckles and Shadow own the split majority of the being the money makers and fan grabbers fan favorites of the series outside of Sonic himself.

Shadow used to be special, he used to stand for something. Now he's barely just a guest apparence. Did Ian get bullied by Shth fans as a kid? Why does Blaze get to be first shown and what has she done recently that made her deserve it, last I checked Silver was a killer of her reputation since Sonic 06.(As a character, Silver ruined her character).

14 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

's a slap in the face that Sonic works with Amy and Blaze, instead of established allies and rivals of Sonic like shadow, knuckles and sometimes metal sonic.

I'm pretty sure Sonic's allowed to interact with more than just Shadow, Knuckles and Metal

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, Dash Speed said:

It's a slap in the face that Sonic works with Amy and Blaze, instead of established allies and rivals of Sonic like shadow, knuckles and sometimes metal sonic.

...so you're trying to tell me that Amy and Blaze aren't established allies...and that instead of working with them he should work with his rivals...which includes the evil doppelganger made to kill him...and you seem to be ignoring that he will be working with Knuckles within these first four issues...dude what the fuck are you even talking about?

This seems like the same bait n switch ian used in archie to get readers into sonic with new characters while deliberately ignoring and glossing over the popular ones.

You realize the bait is supposed to be the thing people want, right? If Shadow and Knuckles are so popular, then the bait and switch would be to bait people with Shadow and Knuckles but switch to other characters, not to bait people with new characters and then switch to...well you've butchered the phrase so badly that I don't even know what you intended the switch to be.

Shadow used to be special, he used to stand for something. Now he's barely just a guest apparence. Did Ian get bullied by Shth fans as a kid? Why does Blaze get to be first shown and what has she done recently that made her deserve it,

Fuck has Shadow done lately to "deserve" an appearance, then? Having a bunch of fanboys drooling over him doesn't count. And have you ever considered that which characters show up aren't determined by going one-by-one down the popularity poll, but by what kind of story they want to tell? That maybe this isn't about snubbing your favorite character, but of using the right character for the story they want to tell and the themes they want to express?

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm sure all of our favorite characters will be getting the spotlight eventually! I'm happy Blaze is returning, and I hope (my favorite hedgie) Silver will be showing up soon, too!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dash Speed said:

It's a slap in the face that Sonic works with Amy and Blaze, instead of established allies and rivals of Sonic like shadow, knuckles and sometimes metal sonic.

Ah yes. I recall the days of Sonic teaming up with the likes of Shadow and Metal Sonic over Amy and Blaze vividly. I also remember the days when Amy and Blaze weren't established allies and how slapped in the face I felt when Sonic teamed up with them. I reeled in shock the first time Sonic held hands with his best pal Metal Sonic and said "You're an established ally and rival that I naturally work with but I have to forsake you for the likes of Amy and Blaze, who are not established allies of mine." 

Then Metal Sonic cried a spittle of oil out the corner of his eye and waved off Sonic as he sailed away on the Titanic, ripped apart from his body as the claws of the evil Ian Flynn tore them asunder. 

"It's not fair. Only I, an established ally and rival, am popular enough to appear alongside Sonic. How dare they forsake me for the likes of Amy and Blaze, who are not."

Then he shook his fist at the sky and said, "Curse you Ian Flynn. What about all the Popular characters that make the most money that Amy and Blaze apparently are not. Do they not deserve a chance too?!"

Opera music plays and sings him to thy rest as the curtain falls and Krusty the Clown asks "What the hell was that?"

This seems like the same bait n switch ian used in archie to get readers into sonic with new characters while deliberately ignoring and glossing over the popular ones. It's always gonna be Sonic and Tails, maybe AMy. But Knuckles and Shadow own the split majority of the being the money makers and fan grabbers fan favorites of the series outside of Sonic himself.

Shadow used to be special, he used to stand for something. Now he's barely just a guest apparence. Did Ian get bullied by Shth fans as a kid? Why does Blaze get to be first shown and what has she done recently that made her deserve it, last I checked Silver was a killer of her reputation since Sonic 06.(As a character, Silver ruined her character).

Yeah. Poor Shadow. Kicking off Sonic Universe with his own Saga and going on to be the one who starred or appeared in the majority of them. Such a glossed over character. 

Everyone gather round for the wake we're holding today in mourning of Shadow's popularity. He now only slightly appears a bit less than he used to because the series dares to have characters other people care about. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

26 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Why does Blaze get to be first shown and what has she done recently that made her deserve it, last I checked Silver was a killer of her reputation since Sonic 06.(As a character, Silver ruined her character).

Her character reputation is not ruined, especially not just because of 1 bad game. Her fan base has been stronger then ever roughly these last 7 years. And maybe I don't know... have you tried just being happy for the Blaze fans here, instead of trying to make mountains out of anthills?

26 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Again what? Sonic never works with Metal Sonic, and is extremely rare for Shadow to help out Sonic at all. And now you are complaining Sonic is working with Amy? Somebody who has been apart of Sonic's main friend group for ages? At this point I'm starting to feel as if you are just trolling here.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Ah yes. I recall the days of Sonic teaming up with the likes of Shadow and Metal Sonic over Amy and Blaze vividly. I also remember the days when Amy and Blaze weren't established allies and how slapped in the face I felt when Sonic teamed up with them. I reeled in shock the first time Sonic held hands with his best pal Metal Sonic and said "You're an established ally and rival that I naturally work with but I have to forsake you for the likes of Amy and Blaze, who are not established allies of mine." 

Then Metal Sonic cried a spittle of oil out the corner of his eye and waved off Sonic as he sailed away on the Titanic, ripped apart from his body as the claws of the evil Ian Flynn tore them asunder. 

"It's not fair. Only I, an established ally and rival, am popular enough to appear alongside Sonic. How dare they forsake me for the likes of Amy and Blaze, who are not."

Then he shook his fist at the sky and said, "Curse you Ian Flynn. What about all the Popular characters that make the most money that Amy and Blaze apparently are not. Do they not deserve a chance too?!"

Opera music plays and sings him to thy rest as the curtain falls

6 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Yeah. Poor Shadow. Kicking off Sonic Universe with his own Saga and going on to be the one who starred or appeared in the majority of them. Such a glossed over character. 

Everyone gather round for the wake we're holding today in mourning of Shadow's popularity. He now only slightly appears a bit less than he used to because the series dares to have characters other people care about. 

Even when the first arc was originally supposed to be Knuckles Returns, even.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a slap in the face that Sonic works with Amy and Blaze, instead of established allies and rivals of Sonic like shadow, knuckles and sometimes metal sonic. I'm not saying this as a fan, I'm saying be consistent in how to tell a story with the worlds fastest hero, and how serious we take him working with friends like Tails or Knuckles. Blaze last I checked has her own world to defend and is more incapcitated in her setting than Silver, why not him. A casual Sonic Team up is a pis disservice to her and her being more involved than Shadow in a forces still adventure is even more a pis disservice.

Dash, I'm sorry for the personal question, but how old are you?

Personally, I'm just happy that we're going someone other the main cast. Shadow, Blaze, Vanilla the Rabbit, anyone will be fine with me as long as we move beyond "Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman" for the dozenth time.

Just because Charmy was in Forces and Blaze not, it doesn't mean Sega doesn't care about her. Just because Blaze is before Shadow it doesn't mean the staff hates him. Just because someone said "Dumb idea, let's for once give love to smaller character," doesn't mean that someone hates more important characters. (Besides, I already explained this on the previous page, importance is not a straight line.)

• Thumbs Up 2

this ain't the 2000s no more. we don't gotta deal with a shadow plotline in every fuckin game and show and comic.

blaze squad has been growing in the shadows and we're the future. get used to her now

it's about to be fucking sonic tails knuckles amy blaze that's the pecking order we out here  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

...The increased priority of Blaze likely owes to both her popularity and the fact that she wasn't in Forces.  Shadow fans have, in effect, had their fix recently.  I also somewhat suspect that Blaze is not being presented here as a regular character, and that she is being employed partly to facilitate the introduction of new friend Tangle.  Blaze fans get to enjoy her first significant appearance in a long while; people who are interested in new characters get to meet a cool new face; and Shadow is held in reserve until a time at which he can be best used.  This all seems very natural to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

New Sonic stream, maybe they will announce something Blaze related, since we've already had multiple things with Blaze already within 2 weeks. Or maybe they'll hold off until SXSW.

11 hours ago, FFWF said:

...The increased priority of Blaze likely owes to both her popularity and the fact that she wasn't in Forces.  Shadow fans have, in effect, had their fix recently.  I also somewhat suspect that Blaze is not being presented here as a regular character, and that she is being employed partly to facilitate the introduction of new friend Tangle.  Blaze fans get to enjoy her first significant appearance in a long while; people who are interested in new characters get to meet a cool new face; and Shadow is held in reserve until a time at which he can be best used.  This all seems very natural to me.

Agreed! As much as I love Shadow (he's in my top five favorite characters list), he does get a lot of attention and poor Blaze hasn't gotten any in recent times. If we're going by how Blaze is from a different dimension and shouldn't be appearing at all, then neither should Silver since he's from a different era, but we got him in Forces...

It's still early in the game, so I'm sure the dark hedgie will get his spotlight eventually.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Tikikata said:

If we're going by how Blaze is from a different dimension and shouldn't be appearing at all, then neither should Silver since he's from a different era, but we got him in Forces...

Logically speaking, Eggman taking over the world and/or Infinite razing hell would logically have considerable consequences for the Future, hence Silver traveling back to warn everyone, sticking around to help with the Resistance, and even attempting to face Infinite himself when the Jackal attacked him in the Luminous Forest.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Logically speaking, Eggman taking over the world and/or Infinite razing hell would logically have considerable consequences for the Future, hence Silver traveling back to warn everyone, sticking around to help with the Resistance, and even attempting to face Infinite himself when the Jackal attacked him in the Luminous Forest.

No, you're right, and that makes sense! I was just saying they could have chosen to not add him to the plot, but he's definitely important in the story.

3 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Well.. not exactly. Sonic 06 has Silver going back to kill Sonic in order to make a better future. Sonic Rivals has Silver going back because Silver is trying to stop someone from his time from messing up the future. In the context of Sonic Forces, it was thought that Colors DS established that his world was finally peaceful and happy, but according to Forces' prequel comic, his world is ruined again because of Infinite. Logically, Silver would have nothing to worry about, because from his point of view, all of that should have already happened. Infinite isn't a time anomaly, he's just a thing that happened in the present. Unless it was caused by the Phantom Ruby... BAH, not writing the script for them, they probably didn't even have a backstory for him appearing in Forces before the comic. And if it is, or Silver's world just happens to be altered whenever something really big happens SOMEHOW it raises the question of how the heck he even has the same memories if he's a part of the future world being altered, it's not like Sonic ever has to go back in time to help Sonugh the Boghog fight Robughnik (or maybe that's why the continuity constantly changes..)

Got ranty there, but uhh.. Silver's presence is always confusing no matter how you slice it, but that's it's own thread

I think that Phantom Ruby (being from the Past/Classic timeline) caused some timey-whimey. Honestly, considering how little damn Sega gives about lore (like Knuckles never guarding Master Emerald) I think Silver and Blaze are in surprisingly good shape.

But they should just pick any game where Silver talks (even Runners or Olympics) and make his officially state that he's staying in the past. Or that he keeps regular visits if we want him to keep time travelling.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But they should just pick any game where Silver talks (even Runners or Olympics) and make his officially state that he's staying in the past. Or that he keeps regular visits if we want him to keep time travelling.

I've had this headcanon for a long time, actually, so this would be a cool idea. I never really saw the sense in having him return to the past to fix the future only to return to the future and... leave all his friends behind? *shrugs* The fact he can time travel is cool, but why leave behind all your friends? xD;

(Sorry, I don't mean to keep bringing up Silver in a Blaze topic!) I think it's only fair if we have Silver, we should have Blaze, too. Their partnership was pretty iconic; I would hate to see it disappear from canon.

Silver and Blaze are funny duo. I was raised on Sonic Adventure and Sonic X, so when I came back to the franchise in 2012 I was like "holly cow, two new characters (also Gamma is back and took steroids).

It's so hard for me to imagine 2005-2006 period when Blaze existed but not Silver, considering how much they mirror each other. They both "new" and from different world/time with but also  with more detailed backstory and  greater powers then most Sonic characters. That puts them in this awkward situation when they can be considered super important  (they have Super forms!) or rather minor addition to the cast (both missing from Chronicles, unlike Big or Omega). It's like Sega tried to repeat success with Shadow, but also gave themselves a backdoor in case it failed.

Personally I like them as duo (friends or ship, whatever), it's nice to have partners that can be considered equals, not hero and sidekick. Though, it makes me wonder if there are fans who like only one of them and consider the other 'rival', stealing precious spotlight. I'm 80% sure some Blaze fans are disappointed with Silver's bigger role in 06 or Forces or 'stealing' Nega from her.

13 hours ago, Razule said:

Well.. not exactly. Sonic 06 has Silver going back to kill Sonic in order to make a better future. Sonic Rivals has Silver going back because Silver is trying to stop someone from his time from messing up the future. In the context of Sonic Forces, it was thought that Colors DS established that his world was finally peaceful and happy, but according to Forces' prequel comic, his world is ruined again because of Infinite. Logically, Silver would have nothing to worry about, because from his point of view, all of that should have already happened. Infinite isn't a time anomaly, he's just a thing that happened in the present. Unless it was caused by the Phantom Ruby... BAH, not writing the script for them, they probably didn't even have a backstory for him appearing in Forces before the comic.

Ah, you know what, that is a fair point.

I suppose you could just say he came back just to help his friends survive the threat at that point, but whaddyagonnado.

13 hours ago, Razule said:

And if it is, or Silver's world just happens to be altered whenever something really big happens SOMEHOW it raises the question of how the heck he even has the same memories if he's a part of the future world being altered, 

I think there's some series out there where the time traveler retains memories of the various timelines, but I can't think of what it is.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:37 AM, FFWF said:

No, Shadow has to be in EVERYTHING. And when Shadow isn't on screen, the characters have to ask "Where is Shadow?".

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Dash Speed said:

So where not gonna ignore this slaps Shadow fans in the face since Shadow is about as famous as Tails is in popularity and has more recent game showings than Blaze? I'm surprised Blaze was shown before Silver too. 

How is this a "Slap in the face" exactly? Blaze has her fans, and it's great that the purple Fire-Mage cat finally got her time to shine. Not to mention, why would Shadow even help Sonic? Isn't he supposed to be the independent GUN agent, who probably has better things to do? 

Not to mention, I think Blaze deserves a spotlight in the comics, with her being absent for seven years, while Shadow was constantly getting attention in Boom and Forces.

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Dash Speed said:

Yeah, as if Sonic NEVER worked with Amy or Blaze before. Dude, Amy's been an established ally since Sonic Heroes, and Blaze has been Sonic's "Friendly rival" since Sonic Rush.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but when did Sonic EVER team up with Metal? 

On ‎25‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Dash Speed said:

Shadow used to be special, he used to stand for something. Now he's barely just a guest apparence.

*Checks calendar* Buddy, it's ain't 2010 no more, Shadow played major roles in Boom and Forces, had his own Forces level pack, and became a recurring antagonist in the Boom TV show. Shadow's popularity is quite high nowadays, not quite as high, as in, say, 2001 or 2006, but still.

• Thumbs Up 1