Awoo.

what do you want from sonic forces dlc

Framerate

Not really sure, at this point I doubt we'll get anymore character episodes...but you never know.

For now, we'll most likely get more past stages to play in but visioned in a post-apocalyptic setting still ruled by Eggman.

Reason story-wise? The aftermath of cleaning up Eggman's messes.

Sega is awful when it comes to DLC for Sonic. They stopped realizing the value of DLC after Unleashed. Generations was the one game that was screaming for DLC, yet all we got was a pinball table. We're not getting anything beyond Shadow's brief chapter.

Which is a shame because this game is ridiculously short for having been in the making for 4 years

• Thumbs Up 8

Ideally, I'd like more playable characters to be added, playable in both standard levels and their own exclusive episodes.

Maybe have an Episode Classic starring Classic Tails and Knuckles as they search for their missing friend? (Classic Tails was playable in that one mission in Generations, so implementing him and Knuckles based on their Mania movesets shouldn't be too difficult) Or maybe give the other three minions their own stories- Show what the rest of the Deadly Six were up to while Zavok was away, or what Chaos did after he first emerged to fight Knuckles and Silver.

• Thumbs Up 2

Episode Tails where it is revealed he was in another dimension ever since the events of 06, and then comes back to find the Tails of Unleashed onward. That Tails turns out to be Tails Doll. Tails vs Tails Doll with Tails getting rid of the wannabe who character assassinated him. Thus explaining his shit and bad character for the last several games including this one.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 4
  • Fist Bump 1

BLAZE

Aside from that, I'd be cool if we got a throwback to Unleashed DLC with some new missions and new stages. Lost World surprised us with Zelda and Yoshi themed DLC, so I can only imagine what they might be willing to cook up for this one. Maybe some stages to coincide with the Pre-Order DLC, like a Persona 5 Stage or something. That would be sweet.

Imagine running through a Modern Level with a remix of Persona's soundtrack... Man, I am drooling just thinking about it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, dbzfan7 said:

Episode Tails where it is revealed he was in another dimension ever since the events of 06, and then comes back to find the Tails of Unleashed onward. That Tails turns out to be Tails Doll. Tails vs Tails Doll with Tails getting rid of the wannabe who character assassinated him. Thus explaining his shit and bad character for the last several games including this one.

I knew Tails Doll was evil but wow that is really evil to pretend be somebody and destroy their character. That would be a very epic fight. I wonder how that would go...

(spoiler)Tails: Tails Doll, for years you have brought shame to my name, and character. You have destroyed me, but now it's time I do the same and destroy you!

Tails Doll: Foolish mortal, you dare think you can take me on? I will make you regret ever thinking you could ever take me on. Even Charmy Bee is more of a worthy opponent than...

Tails: SHUT UP! I will not stand for this any longer! It ends here right now!

*Begin dramatic fight music.*(/spoiler)

Yeah definitely would be interesting concept. Sega! Make this happen!

PS: Editing these spoiler tags is horrible on mobile!

Yeah definitely would be interesting concept. Sega! Make this happen!

More playable characters, Tails and Knuckles for a start, and new stages that take advantage of their abilities (climbing and gliding for Knuckles, flying for Tails). 

I’ll be very surprised if we do get DLC though. I know SLW did but that was with Nintendo. Generations got jack shit, which was surprising because you’d think new stages for an Anniversary would be a given. So I guess we’ll see, maybe there will be DLC, maybe not. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Episide Knuckles. What was he doing to help free the world from eggman's grasp?

45 minutes ago, Booblur99 said:

Episide Knuckles. What was he doing to help free the world from eggman's grasp?

He sat on his ass for six months until some random recruit showed up, and then Sonic did the rest of the work

• Chuckle 2

Give me Episode Silver, Episode Blaze, Episode Vector, Episode Infinite, Episode Fuck You I don't care, just give me more DLC.

You gave SONIC LOST WORLD FREE DLC for crying out loud.

• Chuckle 2

Episode Knuckles. I don't know if they'll make a new gameplay style for him, but if they did, I would pay for a DLC like that.

Spoiler

They should also add a Boss Battle for Chaos because he doesn't have one in the actual game for some reason.

Episode Resistance: Somewhere between 5-10 levels where you play as Sonic's friends (Tails, Knuckles, Silver, etc), detailing a little more of the behind the scenes of the Resistance, as they struggle to fight back against Eggman. This would unlock the ability to play as said friends in Sonic's levels ala Shadow (the gameplay would be mostly Modern clones, but it's more playable characters) 

Episode Eggman Army: Similar to Episode Resistance, Episode Eggman Army would have you play as the remainder of Eggman's minions (Chaos, Metal, Zavok, Infinite), as you deliver Eggman's will, ultimately capping off with a Sonic boss that you'd play as Infinite for. You'd also be able to play as these characters in standard levels.

Other DLC bits: Bayonetta outfits, maybe additional OC species, more levels.

• Thumbs Up 4

What I want and no doubt am not gonna get is some Blaze DLC. There's absolutely zero good reasons for her exclusion in this game. I don't care if she doesn't "fit the narrative." With how little actual explaining Forces offers for any of its major plot points, Blaze randomly being there wouldn't really be any more head scratching and confusing than other story issues presented in the game. Forces is a late anniversary game. You'd THINK it'd go all out on the fanservice, and yet for a game that's supposed to be about war and a "resistance" the good guys team is awfully tiny compared to what it could've and should've been had Sonic Team gave a crap about its supporting character cast. Sonic Generations, a game with a lot less development time, a fraction of the "story" and dialogue, much lower stakes, and also an anniversary game, had a bigger cast and better fanservice than the likes of Forces. Blaze can show up randomly in Sonic's world for some birthday cake but won't bother coming if the going gets tough and Sonic goes through literal torture? Was she just busy in her world? If Forces bothered to explain that, I'd give its poor character roster a pass, but it just doesn't. Just like how the Chaos Emeralds are ignored because... reasons? For the first time pretty much ever, excluding the Rivals and Rush games, we see Silver but Blaze is absent and I just think that if the writing wasn't so lazy, they could've easily found a way to make her fit in. Maybe Nakamura and co chickened out on having Blaze and Silver in an actual story together because they were afraid of devoting a second to either character talking to each other or something. Maybe have the two show signs of becoming friends again. Even Colors DS had more cojones than this game, as well as a better NPC roster and a less lazy script and story too! Blaze is able to freely travel between the two worlds and it's a darn shame that in a game that was supposed to set the stakes really high and be serious and story driven for the first time in ages that Blaze gets benched because Sonic Team is too incompetent to fit her in. It honestly makes me worry about the future of the character and if they're ever going to utilize her in anything that's not Olympic shovelware or cancerous mobile games ever again. What a waste. The only thing is that Forces doesn't really seem to deliver on any of the things it tried to hype people up for in the first place and is basically more of the same bare bones Kishimoto fare. Perhaps her exclusion isn't such a big loss when much of the resistance did little. I just miss my favorite though honestly, and will take whatever crumbs I can get.

Sorry for the fangirl rant. Anyway, she missed out on the story, but I'd be really happy just to see a playable Blaze DLC. She doesn't need a story or new stages or anything Shadow's DLC has, just let me replay some modern Sonic stuff as Blaze. It's been too freaking long since I've been able to. Beyond that, more playable characters in general would be nice. Tails, Knuckles, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

I think the Lost World DLC might have been funded by Nintendo, which was why it, well, existed.  Other than that, Sonic Team doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything more than launch day pseudo-DLC, probably as Sega has them shunted immediately onto making the next Sonic game rather than capitalising on the one they've already got.  In some respects, I don't think that's a bad thing; I prefer the release version of a game to be the full package, .  But it's true that there are times when it's hard to imagine they couldn't have made more out of a good game.

18 hours ago, Flame Lance said:

Sorry for the fangirl rant. Anyway, she missed out on the story, but I'd be really happy just to see a playable Blaze DLC. She doesn't need a story or new stages or anything Shadow's DLC has, just let me replay some modern Sonic stuff as Blaze. It's been too freaking long since I've been able to. Beyond that, more playable characters in general would be nice. Tails, Knuckles, etc.

I feel ya. Blaze is my favorite too. It does seem strange they decided to skip her for Forces when they included almost every other popular character under the sun in Forces excluding Cream. The story didn't really even have a logical good enough reason to include Silver in it. My guess is they had just thrown darts at a dartboard with who got to appear in this game outside the basics... Silver also may had just gotten in because the Sonic 06 guy worked on this game... who knows.

I guess it's not a huge loss because Blaze would had just been another character they tossed to the sidelines in Forces not serving any real point in the story like many of them. Regardless It is disappointing for us fans of her because we want to see her in a good new mainline Sonic game where she gets more focus then a mere cameo. Maybe better luck next game... assuming it's not another dull solo Sonic game again where only Tails/Knuckles & Amy make appearances.

Spoiler

It does leave me wondering what Blaze was up to during Forces... didn't over 6 months past in the story? And they are trying to tell us she didn't visit even once during that whole time? Hahaa no, that logic doesn't fly considering all the other shallow reasons she visits often for. But what would be amazing is if they release a Blaze game later and we find out she was busy dealing with big trouble in her own world during that time! Maybe Cream was there with her too! explaining why she also wasn't in Forces even as a small cameo... What a treat a game like that would be! It'll never happen... but one can dream. xD

Side note: I also wonder where the real Metal Sonic was during Forces...

Back on topic. As for Forces DLC... I guess whatever playable character DLC would be nice. Outside of Blaze... I might pick Amy... I'm not sure. Heh A playable infinite DLC could be strangely interesting too I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Given Shadow plays almost identical to Modern Sonic from what we've seen, I think at bare minimum Sega could let you play as Blaze and Metal Sonic since it'd be the equivalent to making skins. Metal even has a model already.

Most of what I'd like more of is story content (more character episodes? backstory stuff? post-game stuff? idk, won't watch a play through until the day 1 patch so I can see Episode Shadow with everything else so I won't know what I might feel is lacking until then), but that sounds like a lot to ask from Sega given the DLC they've offered in previous Sonic games. New levels also sounds lofty unless we're talking about additional acts for existing levels. Maybe wispons for the other wisps? I like the look of them and think it'd be cool if we got versions for every type.

Spoiler

From what I've heard, Shadow and Chaos don't get boss fights? That'd be something I would definitely want added if possible.

Aside from that, nothing immediately sticks out. Make a Boom Sonic skin for Avatar levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/4/2017 at 3:19 PM, Framerate said:

What do you want in sonic forces dlc

@Framerate We didn't get around to saying anything earlier since the topic itself is fine, but just wanted to give a heads-up that this is far below what we expect in an opening post. In the future, please flesh out with some detail, such as giving your own opinion or some background information. Don't just do a single sentence. The subject matter and the rest of the topic is fine though, so we aren't going to lock it or anything.