Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

16 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

I've been patiently waiting for this to be ripped. Been bumping to that song ever since I heard it.

Also, I think we might be onto something here, haha:

Bad news about Ghost Town: there wasn't a quiet place anywhere in the level, so you might have to wait longer for that track. The person who'll be uploading them is Crunchii, by the way, though they've said the uploads might be made unlisted because of the risk of copyright strikes.

• Thumbs Up 1

For Steam users who may have pre-ordered and saw the game is trash: Steam do allow refunds if you don't have over two hours of gameplay. It's good to hurt SoJ's pockets.

What even was that story? 

It really feels like a lot of elements were cut out of the final product without any sort of replacement. Not sure I even understand the whole Phantom Ruby stuff, but the worst part is that whilst watching, I really didn't care. Despite all the melodramatic lines and purported high stakes, the reactions from the main cast, along with the tone and framing of the cutscenes left me feeling simply slightly confused and a little bored. 

The tertiary characters, whose return we have been clammering for for years now, all sound like lifeless robots, all mindlessly chanting these empty lines about teamwork or being yourself or something. And it's not even done with a touch of self-awareness at how lame it all comes off. It was truly difficult to watch at times.

I honestly think that Heroes, widely considered to be the height of Sonic's cringe-worthy synergy rhetoric, executed the delivery of its story a whole lot better. It is consistent in its snappy and colourful presentation, the way it deals with themes and how it unveils clues for the final reveal. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least it knew what it was trying to do. Forces feels like they tried to mash together two opposites: the low-stake, children's Saturday morning show presentation of Sonic's latest outings with this epic, dark apocalyptic premise where there is no time to jokes. (Seriously, more lines and characters than we've had in years, and not a single joke/pun?) And it seems they just took the worst of both.

Honestly feels like we're back to '06 Quality in terms of dialogue. It's like the characters aren't actually in the same room as each other sometimes, instead just reeling off these mind-numbingly repetitive monologues that are vaguely connected to the last line said, but with no natural sounding progression of conversation or banter. Even the characters' movements seem to be less natural than as of late, which is incredibly frustrating when you look at the leaps and bounds Colours or Lost World had made in character model animations.

There's even something about a lot of the camera work, scenery and the lighting in particular that is often at complete odds with the tension of the scene, such as where Sonic gets chucked into the black hole, or returns to the base after everyone thought he was dead or whatever. (Tonally and structurally, none of the Sonic's dead/captured/beaten stuff even made much sense or felt like it had a satisfactory pay-off) 

After all this build-up, I am immensely disappointed with this. 

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, A Zombie KING and 35 other said:

Anybody thought how silly that scene where the sun is about to kill everyone?

Everyone was just calmly looking up with their arms folded like they were just waiting to get this scene over with. Nobody showed any panic or emotion,  it was just static until it was over.

Yeah one of the few great ideas ruined by limited animation.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Wordy said:

It's like the characters aren't actually in the same room as each other sometimes, instead just reeling off these monologues that are vaguely connected to the last line said, but with no natural sounding progression of conversation or banter.

Looks like the rumors about Flynn being involved in the writing were true (((((((((((

• Thumbs Up 1

Check the stream. Boom Sonic has been officially created.

Modern Sonic is the only one without idle animations on foot. 

6 minutes ago, A Zombie KING and 35 other said:

Everyone was just calmly looking up with their arms folded like they were just waiting to get this scene over with. Nobody showed any panic or emotion,  it was just static until it was over.

Yeah, I thought that bit was really unrealistic too, since they should have all been incinerated by it. It would've been much better if the sun wasn't literally about to touch them.

Just now, Dannymax440 said:

Check the stream. Boom Sonic has been officially created.

Indeed.

boom sonic.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

3 minutes ago, Night on Balding Mountain said:

This streamer is doing Gods work. He's helping Crunchii rip music!

Wake me up when they post the final boss theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

This. This all the way to the proverbial exploded moon and back.

I'm not buying this game because I don't support it. I don't support the gameplay style, the story tone, the director, the level designer, and I don't support Sonic Team after all of this. 

But most importantly, I'm sitting this one out because I respect myself. I already played the best Sonic game in over a decade, and I've clocked in nearly 100 hours into it, and I'm still not done having my fill. I'll support THAT team instead. I don't need Sonic Forces. I'm happy. I'm content. And I'm not going to waste my money on this. 

Just cancel your pre orders while you can.

Judging by a couple of tweets in the hashtag, that time's already blown over.

I really, really wish we had an official channel to pay PagodaWest for Mania that completely excludes SEGA…

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, A Zombie KING and 35 other said:

Well when the same guy blew up half the moon to make a statement, hurling the sun towards you doesn't seem so shocking.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 4

8 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Well when the same guy blew up half the moon to make a statement, hurling the sun towards you doesn't seem so shocking.

Plus the statement fell on "deaf ears".

• Chuckle 1

59 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

Modern Sonic doesn't seem to have any idle animations but when free-falling he does a fold-arm bored animation.

Because while free falling is the only time he can notice how truly boring the levels are

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Dannymax440 said:

Modern Sonic doesn't seem to have any idle animations but when free-falling he does a fold-arm bored animation.

That's from Lost World...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Wait, he was just using the sun to destroy the Resistance, right? Not the whole planet? Because.. that wouldn't make any sense.