Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Stop thinking about stories as nothing more than a logical sequence of events and think about it in terms of its meaning and how the audience relates to it and you might realize why that isn't an excuse.

Im relating to it quite fine I assumed from the start they were not real and infinite either picked them from time or made them from Sonics thoughts. Yes I relate good I just wish it was harder

I think what was supposed to be conveyed was that the Phantom Ruby itself originated from Mania Sonic's "dimension," and it's powers are why levels like Green Hill and Chemical Plant are so warped in the second act in that game; then the game ends with it warping (and taking Sonic with it) to the Forces dimension, Eggman picked it up, did his thing and I guess Mania Sonic got lost on the way over due to... wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff, explaining his late entry. That, or the Ruby has a counterpart in each dimension.

Basically what you need to know is it's not a very well thought-out story.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well if it can travel dimensions and actually manipulate matter and space why even make it about mind tricks first and foremost

That's so dumb

4 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

I think by illusion, they mean Reality or Dimension warping. It's both there and not.

No, they specifically mentioned "virtually reality", and something along the lines of it manipulating senses to peoples brains to make them precieve something that isn't there

• Thumbs Up 8

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I think what was supposed to be conveyed was that the Phantom Ruby itself originated from Mania Sonic's "dimension," and it's powers are why levels like Green Hill and Chemical Plant are so warped in the second act in that game; then the game ends with it warping (and taking Sonic with it) to the Forces dimension, Eggman picked it up, did his thing and I guess Mania Sonic got lost on the way over due to... wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff, explaining his late entry. That, or the Ruby has a counterpart in each dimension.

Basically what you need to know is it's not a very well thought-out story.

I'm just gonna assume this for now because I'm ready to have a fucking conniption if the writers actually had the audacity to retcon a vastly superior game.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

5 minutes ago, PSI Wind said:

I think by illusion, they mean Reality or Dimension warping. It's both there and not.

The way Tails explains it implies it's not really there at all.

"A weapon that takes control of people's visual and depth perception to feed nee information into the brain, creating a new reality for them"

"Like a dream so real if you bump yourself in it your sleeping self will bruise."

Basically like if a virtual reality helmet made you actually able to touch things.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Well if it can travel dimensions and actually manipulate matter and space why even make it about mind tricks first and foremost

That's so dumb

No, they specifically mentioned "virtually reality", and something along the lines of it manipulating senses to peoples brains to make them precieve something that isn't there

They should have called his move virtual insanity '

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Rian said:

Could somebody please PM me the stream link if it's still going?

Sorry, the stream is done for the day. Someone can give you a link tomorrow when the streaming will (should) continue.

That alternate reality thing is a big shit. Like, there is no way that HBH don´t exist as they are actually Eggrobos. So, if nothing, those 5 Eggrobos are still in Mania. It also don´t explain why Classic Sonic got there, unless you assume that it has the ability to create portals/holes in spacetime.

• Thumbs Up 4

So how flat are the levels now that a lot more of them have been seen, and do enemies actually have responsive AI and pose some modicum of a threat in normal mode?

Can I just say that I'm really liking Infinite? I'm jiving with his style in a way I never could with someone like Mephiles. He even reminds me of Battle-era Shadow and I like that crazy hedgehog. Certainly becoming higher in my fave villains list than Eggman or Zavok.

Also giant snake ala Heroes and a cheat that can almost give you a reptilian appearance. <3

• Thumbs Up 9

9 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

This story sounds crazy on paper, but so half assed in execution. Things are happening, but with barely any logic or understanding.

....yup, same team as Colors and Lost World alright.

Don't forget Nakamura.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Can I just say that I'm really liking Infinite? I'm jiving with his style in a way I never could with someone like Mephiles. He even reminds me of Battle-era Shadow and I like that crazy hedgehog. Certainly becoming higher in my fave villains list than Eggman or Zavok.

Also giant snake ala Heroes and a cheat that can almost give you a reptilian appearance. <3

His edge is pretty fun yea.

Infinite is pretty much Scarecrow then in a way.

I am a little disappointed on Shadow and Chaos being part of the villain team only to not really be them. Shadow fighting for his own reasons on being part of the team could have been that Shadow was coerced due to Infinite threatening someone he cared for that he has like a hostage in which case Omega or even if he had the power to say bring back Maria only for Shadow to refuse because it's not what she wanted him to do as she wished for him to bring hope to humanity though Infinite could have done so anyway without his consent and used her leverage at least that makes sense because he wouldn't want to see any harm to fall of her again. That could have been a way to handle it, but alas no. At the very least I guess it's not too bad because Shadow joining the dark side because Infinite told him he could bring back Maria if he joins him to bring ruin to the world would have certainly been a step back in Shadow's character so I'll take this over Shadow being mind controlled. 

I'm still enjoying the story a lot more than Colors, Generations and Lost World. I really like Knuckles, Silver and Infinite in the game from what I've seen.

the virtual reality element doesnt really contradict Mania, it just makes Mania dumber. Basically you have to assume the Ruby somehow both does illusions and also for some reason, teleportation (which was easier when it just rewrote reality, instead, since teleportation was a natural expansion of that).

From there, just assume Sonic and mates had the Mania adventure overall, but what we/they saw wasn't what was actually happening. They weren't facing the Hard Boiled Heavies, they were facing Egg Robos; etc.

It works, but dang is it a dumb plot.

• Thumbs Up 7

Hahaha, WOW.

Man, I am SO loving everything going on right now. Not even joking. <3

Especially the "Mania" thing if it's actually the case since it honestly answers a lot of questions and weird feelings I had about it.

1 minute ago, superman43 said:

That alternate reality thing is a big shit. Like, there is no way that HBH don´t exist as they are actually Eggrobos. So, if nothing, those 5 Eggrobos are still in Mania. It also don´t explain why Classic Sonic got there, unless you assume that it has the ability to create portals/holes in spacetime.

I’m pretty sure Sonic fought the Hard Boiled Heavies and Eggman in Mania but, at the end of Mania the ruby created a portal that sucked Sonic in and he somehow ended up in forces. But then again, Eggman says that Classic Sonic is from another dimension but Tails AND Modern Sonic both remember Classic Sonic. My head hurts now

That also leaves the door open to the possibility that even the wanted posters in Mirage Saloon were VR, so Fang, Bean and Bark still don't exist in the games. 

This is actually bloody fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3