Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

Is there a place where I can view the full Shadow DLC part of the livestream? Woun is just playing random stages atm.

I’m pissed off, but this is some juicy shit and I have to see it to believe it! 

You can go watch the start of the stream if you put the circle at the start.

• Thumbs Up 1

Woun just played Egg Gate, but didn't get an option to switch between Sonic and Shadow, like what appeared for Modern Sonic's City, Green Hill, Metropolis, Chemical Plant and Eggman Empire Fortress levels. I guess this means you can only play as Shadow in levels that don't have any QTEs in them. Only rules out Death Egg and Jungle Zone I Forgot The Name Of, but it still sucks.

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

Is there a place where I can view the full Shadow DLC part of the livestream? Woun is just playing random stages atm.

I’m pissed off, but this is some juicy shit and I have to see it to believe it! 

Do you have the ability to drag the playhead to the start of the stream? I do, but maybe that's only because I've been watching from the start.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Infinite the Jackass, more like.

Man like the bulk of this game's story now traces back to "Shadow was just so cool and powerful he made some edgelord whine himself into being an even edgier edgelord". What a garbage story.

Unless I missed something they didn't even explain anything about what happened to Omega either.

It's baffling how little things are explained in the story.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Man like the bulk of this game's story now traces back to "Shadow was just so cool and powerful he made some edgelord whine himself into being an even edgier edgelord". What a garbage story.

Unless I missed something they didn't even explain anything about what happened to Omega either.

I don't think they never explained how omega comes back for the final battle.

This game just raises more questions when more gets revealed.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The comics explain it.

Wow, this is like FFXV all over again where you needed to watch the anime and the movie to understand the game's story.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, A_W said:

Woun just played Egg Gate, but didn't get an option to switch between Sonic and Shadow, like what appeared for Modern Sonic's City, Green Hill, Metropolis, Chemical Plant and Eggman Empire Fortress levels. I guess this means you can only play as Shadow in levels that don't have any QTEs in them. Only rules out Death Egg and Jungle Zone I Forgot The Name Of, but it still sucks.

But.. over 10 Modern levels?

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It's baffling how little things are explained in the story.

What do you think of the forces overall?

2 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

What do you think of the forces overall?

It seems to suffer from similar problems as RoL's story: many plot points are not given enough attention, details, and/or explanations

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Infinite ∞ said:

Standard shonen villian 101.

More like standard fanfiction villain 101.

• Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, Razule said:

But.. over 10 Modern levels?

Hmm... Maybe they were inflating that number with the Special and EX Stages?

Does anyone have a list of those Stages, or remember how many Modern Sonic ones there were?

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

It seems to suffer from similar problems as RoL's story: many plot points are not given enough attention, details, and/or explanations

I meant the game though.

7 minutes ago, Infinite ∞ said:

The comics explain it.

And the game should have too, cuz you know most people aren't ever going to see those things. Leaving things to supplementary material is always a bad idea. Still doesn't explain how he was repaired. 

And I just realized how much the scene of his return parallels the one in 06 during the first Mephiles boss fight

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay I just saw the scene in question and uhhhhh yeah. Wow, that was some MAJOR cringe right there. Is this really Infinite’s backstory? REALLY? How...pathetic.

“I’m not weak...I’m not weak! I’M NOT WEAK!! UUUUAAARGH!” 

Is this meant to be taken seriously? Is he unintentionally like this? Because if so, holy shit. I’m laughing AT Infinite’s terrible reasoning for becoming who he is. The mask and everything, it’s bloody pathetic. Infinite is a joke, more so than Mephiles! 

I wonder if the comic tomorrow will be any better. I can’t wait to find out! XD

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 4

Just now, Gabz Girl said:

Okay I just saw the scene in question and uhhhhh yeah. Wow, that was some MAJOR cringe right there. Is this really Infinite’s backstory? REALLY? How...pathetic.

Is this meant to be taken seriously? Is he unintentionally like this? Because if so, holy shit. I’m laughing AT Infinite’s terrible reasoning for becoming who he is. The mask and everything. It’s bloody pathetic. He’s a joke, more so than Mephiles! 

Maybe it'll explain how Inifinite came to be hired by Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Infinite ∞ said:

Wow, this is like FFXV all over again where you needed to watch the anime and the movie to understand the game's story.

See now i'd argue here that With XV you don't ABSOLUTLEY need to watch the tie in anime or movie to understand what's going on in the world Eos, unlike Sonic Forces FFXV is JRPG with alot of Western influence and I feel that the base game does it's job at explaining what happens in the in overall plot that the movie and anime only give better context to what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mauricius said:

So infinite is evil not because he has a troubled past, not because of the Ruby's influence, but literally just because Shadow punched him in the face and called him weak. I thought I was prepared for any new disappointments from this game but this by far exceeded my expectations.

So infinite is evil not because he has a troubled past, not because of the Ruby's influence, but literally just because Shadow punched him in the face and called him weak. I thought I was prepared for any new disappointments from this game but this by far exceeded my expectations.

So much so you've made your disappointment clear thrice :D!

6 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Is this meant to be taken seriously? Is he unintentionally like this? Because if so, holy shit. I’m laughing AT Infinite’s terrible reasoning for becoming who he is. The mask and everything, it’s bloody pathetic. Infinite is a joke, more so than Mephiles! 

Could you paste the video link here, please? I just came to this thread and searching through 134 pages is a bit too much ^^U

Uh, so infinite's backstory...hahaha

It was dumb and it's kinda laughable too. So much try-hard edginess going on there. 

• Thumbs Up 4