Awoo.

Sonic Forces Fixes Physics

Crazy_Diamond

So it appears that a problem that we've noticed in the Classic Sonic gameplay has been fixed.

Old IGN footage

NPhWyGw.gif

New Gamespot footage

9t8Bydm.gif

He goes faster downhill now, and rolls off the incline in the proper way. It looks like a 100 ring limit is in place as well (only on Easy Mode apparently). I wonder what other things they changed?

• Thumbs Up 9

Considering the series' track record I'd hesitate to assume the sticky corner has been fixed when it might just be inconsistent. And I'm not sure if he actually is speeding up at all on the slope compared to the old version.

• Thumbs Up 4

at the very (very) least, it doesn't look like the game auto-unrolls you like it does a lot in Generations. definitely one of my pet peeves with Classic in that game (besides the obvious lack of actual Classic physics); i mean, even Sonic 4 let stay in a ball until after you hit a dash panel.

The only change that I'm definitely seeing here is a little more visual flare to Classic Sonic's rolling.

The physics seem unchanged to. Any proper changes to the physics wouldn't be happening now anyway - that would all have been done in the early stages of development. As we know from Generations, pressing the D-pad will influence how far and how fast Sonic rolls. Like Diogenes said, it's most likely just an inconsistency. The way that Sonic stuck to wall in the previous footage was probably a bug. Again, similar things happened in Generations.

Yeah the first shot kinda only looks like a bug to me more then physics being fixed on the new one... rolling still doesn't seem to gain any extra speed past the first boost moment of down hill speed or so.

Call me a pessimist but I don't think the physics have been fixed. This could very well be a result of broken physics ala Sonic 4 

• Thumbs Up 3

I really, really hope that ring cap is not present in the final game. There's no point in it whatsoever and it seems like such a strange addition to add in a later demo build. It doesn't matter whether or not if you have collectible lives in this game. I collected those rings, I want them in my ring counter damn it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Due to the stupidly insane amount of rings in stages, they're probably going to have ring collection be an upgrade like in games that require a character to upgrade their bag to increase the amount of items they can carry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Its hard to tell if thats is a real fix, or if its just the difference of a player holding forward as they roll as opposed to nothing at all.

Could go either way. Probably won't know for sure till someone gets a hands on with a late build of the game.

Sonic Genesis also occasionally did things that looked quite a bit like the classic games. You could even spin up Sonic 4 footage that made it look like a reskin of Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 2