Awoo.

Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow, Rise of Infinite)

DiamondX

4 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I wonder what happened to Omega and why Rouge didn't go with him and Shadow.

This is the first sensible structure to team dark as a team ever

Rouge isn't a field agent, she's a spy. 

You send Omega into break shit, you send shadow in to completely raise hell or to help people ( because lets be real here its just a more effective version of the guy you sent in ) rouge is intell. She's smart, that isn't to say shadow and omega aren't smart, one is quite litterally a machine and the other is pretty smart and can repair the former, but she's a spy. She's probably always snooping around, getting plans and intell , if rouge is the " brains" or In this case Intell of the operation, it makes complete sense. 

This is quite literally in one fell swoop, executed the best version of this team in existence. 

Spoiler

And omega is probably dead now

This game and its goddamn monkey paws!

4 hours ago, Joseph Henry said:

Infinite seems to be less serious and more.... playful than I expected, I like it.

In this comic. I'm getting ready for the disappointment of these free comics telling a better story than the actual game if that were to occur. Because comic stories being better than the games isn't unique in sonic

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

This is the first sensible structure to team dark as a team ever

Rouge isn't a field agent, she's a spy. 

You send Omega into break shit, you send shadow in to completely raise hell or to help people ( because lets be real here its just a more effective version of the guy you sent in ) rouge is intell. She's smart, that isn't to say shadow and omega aren't smart, one is quite litterally a machine and the other is pretty smart and can repair the former, but she's a spy. She's probably always snooping around, getting plans and intell , if rouge is the " brains" or In this case Intell of the operation, it makes complete sense. 

This is quite literally in one fell swoop, executed the best version of this team in existence. 

Reveal hidden contents

And omega is probably dead now

This game and its goddamn monkey paws!

But it was a recon mission.

• The title was changed to Sonic Forces Digital Comic (Moment of Truth, Stress Test, Looming Shadow)
2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

But it was a recon mission.

Considering the first page is omega blowing shit up, this is one loud ass recon mission. If it was just recon, it legit should have been rouge and shadow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Considering the first page is omega blowing shit up, this is one loud ass recon mission. If it was just recon, it legit should have been rouge and shadow. 

That's what I trying to say.

The last comic will NOT be next Thursday. It seems they're aiming for it to be a launch day thing. 

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

The last comic will NOT be next Thursday. It seems they're aiming for it to be a launch day thing. 

Makes sense, the cover WAS pretty spoilery. Wait some hours after the game is out.

19 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

yup it'll be during launch day because spoilers.

1 minute ago, Gabz Girl said:

You think the spoilery content has to do with Infinite’s origins? I’m just going off the leaked cover art. 

Likely the case

Ok, I kinda loved Rouge here. She starts off apparently seeing Omega as a big dumb muscle and, and maybe she does, but then when she learns that he's been hurt, she becomes extremely worried. She cares about him. That was cool. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Except in the trailer Omega was dead in the city and now he's dead in the pyramide. I'm 100% sure the actual game's story will be very, very barebones compared to these comics.

But hey. As long as it looks cool in the trailers, right?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Except in the trailer Omega was dead in the city and now he's dead in the pyramide.

There's still the Episode Shadow DLC, which takes place between the comic and that moment in the game. It's bound to be explained there.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

Except in the trailer Omega was dead in the city and now he's dead in the pyramide. I'm 100% sure the actual game's story will be very, very barebones compared to these comics.

But hey. As long as it looks cool in the trailers, right?

We don't have context yeeeeeet

Tails could bring him to the city, or he could be launched there by Infinite. Easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So just making sure, is Team Dark actually noted as working for GUN or are they just hanging out together? You'd figure with the Two Worlds retcon they'd try not to bring up GUN in a game (or tie-in anyway) set on Planet Anthro.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to guess Omega got Phantom Ruby'd to the city and Shadow doesn't find him (at least right away) in Episode Shadow. Either way, Omega must get left behind there somehow--maybe Shadow's the one who gets Ruby'd after the city stage? And that leads into whatever the third stage of the DLC story is.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Except in the trailer Omega was dead in the city and now he's dead in the pyramide.

Omega's "last words" are literally coordinates unknown. Thats a pretty straightforward tell that Infinite obviously messes with his place in reality, which would fully explain why his husk ends up in Park Ave.

Anyway this comic was good. Art was strong once again. My only thing is how Omega was written. He's never really been this Snarky BA inside the mainstream Sega verse. Chronicles was a Bioware thing. As much as I love me a good, sassy, murder first Omega, I can't help but feel that this is setting me up for a whiplash when the game comes out and we are back to deadpan 06 Omega who is no fun for anybody.

Here is hoping Sonic Team picked up what made Omega so much fun in the comics. Ian sure knows it.

• Thumbs Up 4

qE56DsF.jpg

Best part of these so far. P:

I really love how the artists and writers have interpreted the characters here. It's too bad that the game is failing to portray much personality outside of Sonic, from what I've seen.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Where is the next comic?

I believe it was said that it wouldn't be uploaded until around the game's release.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Where?

Aaron Webber said that on the Sonic Official stream last week! We're getting the comic on Tuesday.