Awoo.

My Hero Academia

Soniman

Season 5 is coming in April 2021!

VXJEgdR.jpeg

The arcs being covered will likely be the Joint Training Arc, and My Villain Academia!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh, looks like Shinso is coming into focus.

Also Monoma

Class B in general is gonna get a lot of focus for the first part of the season - the first arc is the Joint Training arc, which involves Class A and Class B competiting against each other.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Class B in general is gonna get a lot of focus for the first part of the season - the first arc is the Joint Training arc, which involves Class A and Class B competiting against each other.

Oh, that sounds cool. It even segues nicely since we saw a couple of them during the festival.

I thought Shinso was in Class C or whatever though?

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I thought Shinso was in Class C or whatever though?

IIRC - Shinso is in the Business course. He joins Class A and B, as he wants to transfer over to the Hero course (Similar to Deku).

On 10/4/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

IIRC - Shinso is in the Business course. He joins Class A and B, as he wants to transfer over to the Hero course (Similar to Deku).

Shinso is in the General course. But yes, thanks to some training, he'll be applying to enter the Hero course. Any more than that would be a spoiler.

• 2 months later...

Season 5 begins airing on March 27th 2021. 

New key visual: 

WpIBeYe.jpg

New PV featuring our first animated footage of the Joint Training Arc:

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm watching this show with a friend at the moment, and we're just at the arc where the League of Villains has kindnapped Bakugo, and man, what a great show it is! The stories are great, the action is great, and for once I really like pretty much ALL of the major characters. Usually in anime (and media in general) I latch on to only like three or four characters but in this show I find myself even liking characters belonging to archetypes that I usually downright dislike. Like Bakugo, the jerkass rival. I friggin can't stand characters like Sasuke from Naruto but somehow Bakugo is SO much of a single-minded hatefull asshole that I just can't help but be faschinated by him. I also love Mineta. I'm usually neautral on those "pervert" characters but this guy is something else. I can't help but almost admire just how sincere he is in his quest for boobies. It's actually kinda similar to my feelings for Bakugo; single-minded determination is interesting to me.

Oh and Momo is friggin hot. "But batson, she's only like 15!". Well here in Sweden 15 just happens to be the age of conscent so... :P

• 3 months later...

I just caught up with the anime in time for season 5's debut next week.

The Eri arc was an emotional ride. Seeing Deku, Mirio, and the others give their all to rescue this poor child was really moving. It really reinforces the consistent theme of the series, that being a hero ultimately isn't about being strong or stomping villains, but about helping people.

And after that, we needed a lighthearted second half of the series to let everyone recover. The cultural fest may not have had any earth-shattering plots to foil, but it may be my favorite part of the entire series so far, in large part due to its villain - the dastardly-yet-dapper Gentle Criminal!

Gentle Criminal In 'Deku vs Gentle Criminal'

This guy is seriously in the running for my favorite MHA character. He and La Brava stole the show with their hilarious hijinks and surprisingly touching origin story. MHA's had a lot of really intimidating, dangerous villains, and that's great - but I love that we finally got a goofy Silver Age-style villain as well. And yet, despite his more comical depiction, Deku himself considers him his most difficult opponent yet - not because he's the strongest or the fastest, but because he could see himself in Gentle's ambitions. Aaah, the whole arc was just so good.

Given their hopeful sendoff at the police station, I'm really hoping Gentle and La Brava come back as full-fledged heroes someday. I absolutely adore them.

In any event, season 5 debuts this weekend! I'm really looking forward to seeing where MHA goes from here!

• Thumbs Up 2

The first trailer for the third MHA movie - World Heroes' Mission. Not a ton of info, but it looks like there's a gigantic crisis that claims lives, and Izuku is being framed for it, wanted for the lives claimed according to a news report in the movie. It also appears that Deku, Bakugo and Todoroki has to work together with the other heroes.

• 2 months later...

I saw Two Heroes a couple of days back and thought it was fairly enjoyable for how basic it was, though the villains were simultaneously confusingly obvious and kinda sudden. Like, is this the movie that I heard was an original part of the series or is it the next movie? I wanna say it had to do with Bakugou, so maybe not.

Btw, I love how Bakugo's costume looks worse with all that black and how Mineta blends into Todoriki's leg on that poster.