Awoo.

Sega Central: What these people think of Sonic Forces.

Badnik Mechanic

7 minutes ago, NastCF said:

What's the point of this video? Of course they would cherry-pick only the positive comments, lol.

Thank God the first reply said it.

Didn't want to be accused of deliberately hating the game again if I was the first to point that out. Pretty much every time a company makes a video like this they end up just being fodder for retrospective mocking if the game totally bombs.

• Thumbs Up 5

.... I may like this game.

But those comments on the game are not genuine in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Thank God the first reply said it.

Didn't want to be accused of deliberately hating the game again.

Both sides that love and hate are terrible and obnoxious, moving on.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Didn't want to be accused of deliberately hating the game again.

014e9ddbea5813080f33b25dd625c0611401801352_large.jpg.1c2ab288f80a6bccd37bdd541d624e53.jpg

Then why was this topic not locked after you posted the video

Spoiler

Methinks this is going too far

people like the game, it isn't the end of the world. people hate the game, the franchise wont die because of it

Much as I think Forces is tripe, I don't think this video is a problem. If you're going to advertise your product by showcasing opinions, you'll obviously pick out the simplest positive impressions rather a range covering any middling to negative opinions, or even in-depth positive analysis. It's just basic.

What do you think about Sonic Forces? It's got good music, it's fast Sonic gameplay and it's great.
What do you think about Sonic Mania? It's got good music, it's fast Sonic gameplay and it's great.
What do you think about Sonic 4? It's got good music, it's fast Sonic gameplay and it's great.
What do you think about Sonic *game*? It's got good music, it's fast Sonic gameplay and it's great.

It's meaningless at best and silly at worst. This is what game previews are for. Honestly I don't even get the point of SEGA Europe's YouTube channel. It's awful. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

26 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It's meaningless at best and silly at worst. This is what game previews are for. Honestly I don't even get the point of SEGA Europe's YouTube channel. It's awful. 

After Dan left it pretty much just died. =/

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

What do you think about Sonic *Crackers*? It's got good music, it's fast Sonic gameplay and it's great

i had to

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Just now, Mayor D said:

After Dan left it pretty much just died. =/

Being honest, it wasn't even any good with him on it. He was the best of a not very good bunch. SEGA Central is (was, if it's over?) always very awkward and unprofessional, with viewing figures. I can't figure out why they bothered. They were just trying to copy popular gamer/game journalism channels with absolutely none of right man power behind it.

1 hour ago, Joseph Henry said:

Both sides that love and hate are terrible and obnoxious, moving on.

Preach.

Sonic Forces divided the fanbase like Moses did the Red Sea. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Preach.

Sonic Forces divided the fanbase like Moses did the Red Sea. 

Eh, I'd honestly say Mania did as well.

Or rather, the specific way Mania is praised by most, rather than Mania itself. Then, of course, the backlash that happened in reaction to it. There wouldn't be so much hostility and sensitivity if people could learn to stop forcing their opinions as facts or stop comparing apples to oranges and just let people like what they like without telling them "It's okay for you to like that thing! Totally! Even if it is a steaming pile of shit compared to our infinitely superior game!" or "Sure, you can be happy that your game was a success! Even if it is overrated nostalgia pandering mindless garbage compared our cooler and more ambitious!"

Classic extremists, Modern fanatics, both sides are to blame, honestly. ¬ ¬

(And a few poor starving Adventure fans, just to fill in the middle gap.)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 3

1 minute ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Even if it is a steaming pile of shit compared to our infinitely superior game

heh.

I enjoy both games so I don't care about any of this drama bullcrap, but god damn it's divisive as fuck. I don't remember any game like this. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

Just now, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

heh.

I enjoy both games so I don't care about any of this drama bullcrap, but god damn it's divisive as fuck. I don't remember any game like this. 

Not even Unleashed or Lost World were this bad, so I can safely agree on this being the most divisive game during pre-release for the Sonic fanbase.

9 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

Eh, I'd honestly say Mania did as well.

Or rather, the specific way Mania is praised by most, rather than Mania itself. Then, of course, the backlash that happened in reaction to it. There wouldn't be so much hostility and sensitivity if people could learn to stop forcing their opinions as facts or stop comparing apples to oranges and just let people like what they like without telling them "It's okay for you to like that thing! Totally! Even if it is a steaming pile of shit compared to our infinitely superior game!" or "Sure, you can be happy that your game was a success! Even if it is overrated nostalgia pandering mindless garbage compared our cooler and more ambitious!"

Classic extremists, Modern fanatics, both sides are to blame, honestly. ¬ ¬

(And a few poor starving Adventure fans, just to fill in the middle gap.)

msty.gif

This proves that NO side is better than the other because that's exactly how it is. 

I feel that argument can be exemplified by the Stardust Speedway US remix that was released yesterday. While I personally don't like it that much, people were commenting that

Spoiler

Mania's remix

was better.

I don't feel it's fair to compare two completely different music arrangements. I understand that people can have a preference, but how can you compare two completely different tracks? If they were remixes of each other sure be my guest whatever. 

What I'm Made Of kicks both songs's ass anyday anyway. The true Metal Sonic theme. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

I don't feel it's fair to compare two completely different music arrangements. I understand that people can have a preference, but how can you compare two completely different tracks?

Well I mean

I'm sure there are songs you like better than others, right

That involves comparing completely different tracks and judging some to be better than others

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Diogenes said:

Well I mean

That involves comparing completely different tracks and judging some to be better than others

Good point.

Would love to see a What I'm Made Of remix in a Sonic game someday. Something like Open Your Heart in Generations's as a Metal Overlord boss battle redone. 

Man Sonic Heroes was fun. 

• Promotion 1

4 minutes ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

I feel that argument can be exemplified by the Stardust Speedway US remix that was released yesterday. While I personally don't like it that much, people were commenting that

Reveal hidden contents

Mania's remix

was better.

I don't feel it's fair to compare two completely different music arrangements. I understand that people can have a preference, but how can you compare two completely different tracks? If they were remixes of each other sure be my guest whatever. 

What I'm Made Of kicks both songs's ass anyday anyway. The true Metal Sonic theme. 

The lyrics to "What I'm Made Of" honestly fit Super Sonic WAY more than Metal Sonic considering what it's saying, especially considering the chorus and the fact that Super Sonic himself even references it when on the last phase before you use the final Team Blast, he says "Let's show him what we're made of!". As such, I see it more as Super Sonic's true theme.

That nerdy nitpick aside, I completely agree with you.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well I mean

Only when they're in the same genre. That's prettying much the only time that's considered to work.

If you do that in any other scenario, you'd best get ready to get swamped by music aficionados on why you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about how music works.

23 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

The lyrics to "What I'm Made Of" honestly fit Super Sonic WAY more than Metal Sonic considering what it's saying, especially considering the chorus and the fact that Super Sonic himself even references it when on the last phase before you use the final Team Blast, he says "Let's show him what we're made of!". As such, I see it more as Super Sonic's true theme.

That nerdy nitpick aside, I completely agree with you.

guoo.thumb.png.fe451eabee30b74dad691f1254cb8dd1.png

23 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

If you do that in any other scenario, you'd best get ready to get swamped by music aficionados on why you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about how music works.

Kind of like Sonic fans.

I really wish Sonic Forces isn't good, nor bad, it's just there, a mediocre game, but mediocre enough to be fun like I feel with Sonic and the Black Knight (which I fucking love). I see potential in Forces. Just... Drop Classic Sonic please, he feels unnecessary SEGA. That's just pandering, and we have Sonic Mania 3 to have Classic Sonic in. He feels extremely redundant with OC the Edgehog in Forces. 

And drop the synth god damn it's annoying that every track has a synth.  

4 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Sega found a few people to say what they like about Sonic Forces.

Someone said it was funny?

Sonic: "We'll blitz this place and clear a path for the resistance. Right partner?"

Partner: (awkward silence)

Yes, this is a hilarious game. 

4 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Someone said it was funny?

Sonic: "We'll blitz this place and clear a path for the resistance. Right partner?"

Partner: (awkward silence)

Yes, this is a hilarious game. 

You're supposed to say something, they've been marketing that this character is supposed to be you anyway.

Yep. Talk to the screen that can't talk back.

3 minutes ago, A HyperKING heavy engine said:

You're supposed to say something, they've been marketing that this character is supposed to be you anyway.

I'm gonna name my OC "Dora the Explorer"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5

10 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

I'm gonna name my OC "Dora the Explorer"

*snobbish accent* My oc will be named diego

• Chuckle 2

2 hours ago, A HyperKING heavy engine said:

To be fair, I do this all of the time for every video game I play, so this game was obviously made for me. ¦D