Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

If the good ending is truly linked to Forces, then all I can say is grab some popcorn for the inevitable fan outrage next week.

What's Super Sonic's theme? I kinda missed the stream.

(Fingers crossed it's not an invincibility rehash like 3&K)

Edited by Dannymax440

14 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

So, based on what I have read in the past few pages, this game is a tie in to Sonic Forces?

Apparently, the game ends in a cliffhanger. 

Spoiler

Sonic beats Eggman and the Leader Heavy, frees Little Planet (again) but the odd Gem thing that Eggman has opens a purple portal and sucks Sonic in. 

That's pretty much all I know. Maybe there's something I missing. 

11 minutes ago, Hard-Boiled Wisp said:

Apparently, the game ends in a cliffhanger. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sonic beats Eggman and the Leader Heavy, frees Little Planet (again) but the odd Gem thing that Eggman has opens a purple portal and sucks Sonic in. 

That's pretty much all I know. Maybe there's something I missing. 

And also

Spoiler

In the end animation Sonic spins into the void and then does the exact same pose as the one in the first Sonic Forces teaser

• Chuckle 1

Let's be real.

When the others find out about the connection, this place will become more Crisis City than when Avatars werr announced.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Sonic in the portal?

4 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Let's be real.

When the others find out about the connection, this place will become more Crisis City than when Avatars werr announced.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Sonic in the portal?

I have a link

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/O3N8eIZZVbM

Ending starts at 1:40

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Zippo said:

*Sonic Retro and Stadium come Tuesday night.*

PoliteSolidAmericanpainthorse.gif

I think it'll be more like this-

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

This topic is going to get pretty busy.

So...Mania was a Forces tie-in....son of a bitch.

Eggman is the final boss. What's more, it doesn't seem like the final Heavy betrayed him, but rather that the two are working in tandem. Either way, the last hit is on Eggman, solidifying his status as the big bad and primary threat. All is well.

The game ties into Forces, which is kinda lame though. 

Ah well, I got half of what I wanted by Eggman remaining the overall main villain, so I won't be too salty. Good finale, glad to see my fears alleviated mostly.

Why does he seem to be so happy he will lose his friends?

Maybe he realised Forces will have new zones.

Just now, DiamondX said:

Why does he seem to be so happy he will lose his friends?

Maybe he realised Forces will have new zones.

I mean, to be fair, in Forces he can make as many new friends as he wants.

"This one's smarter than Tails! And this one's stronger than Knuckles! And this one's faster than me!"

11 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Eggman is the final boss. What's more, it doesn't seem like the final Heavy betrayed him, but rather that the two are working in tandem. Either way, the last hit is on Eggman, solidifying his status as the big bad and primary threat. All is well.

Not exactly, they seem to be fighting for the Gem instead of working together.

1 minute ago, Ratcicle King said:

Not exactly, they seem to be fighting for the Gem instead of working together.

I didn't really pick that up from the video, but...

Even if that's true, Eggman still manages to retain his final boss status instead of being knocked aside. So all is still well, even if a betrayal scenario is less optimal than them working together.

Just now, Dr. Mechano said:

I didn't really pick that up from the video, but...

Even if that's true, Eggman still manages to retain his final boss status instead of being knocked aside. So all is still well, even if a betrayal scenario is less optimal than them working together.

The fight begins with the two ramming into eachother, so from what I could gather, it's implied it's a threeway fight instead of two vs one.

7 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

The fight begins with the two ramming into eachother, so from what I could gather, it's implied it's a threeway fight instead of two vs one.

Well, either way, I'm alright with it since Eggman is still the final boss and - what's more - the bearer of the final hit. He was never supplanted as the main villain, even if a coup was attempted.

In the end, it was Sonic - not the Leader Heavy - who defeated Eggman. Just as it should be.

Now just gotta hope he goes two-for-two and is the final boss of Forces as well, but I won't hold my breath...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yet he shouldn't be this happy.

It's... wierd.

Eggman & HBH Leader are definetly fighting each other.

The Good Ending and Bad Ending bosses are truly different.

It feels like the game is mocking you with the Bad Ending boss.

Sorry for double post, but someone on NeoGaf mentioned that Little Planet dissapears along with Sonic.

What if Classic Eggman, Heavy Leader and Little Planet also get sent in the Forces world?

5 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

Sorry for double post, but someone on NeoGaf mentioned that Little Planet dissapears along with Sonic.

What if Classic Eggman, Heavy Leader and Little Planet also get sent in the Forces world?

I would love to see more classic Eggman.

What worries me a little is that in Forces, modern Eggman calls classic Sonic "a pint-sized Sonic from another dimension."

Are they forgetting Generations, from only a few years ago, establishing that the classic games took place in the past, rather than another dimension? I know Sonic is awful at continuity, but this is a pretty huge contradiction.

They will probably change it, mostly so that they can keep making both kinds of games without metting plot holes.

Now that I think about it, a Heavy Leader boss fight in Forces would be pretty cool.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I would love to see more classic Eggman.

What worries me a little is that in Forces, modern Eggman calls classic Sonic "a pint-sized Sonic from another dimension."

Are they forgetting Generations, from only a few years ago, establishing that the classic games took place in the past, rather than another dimension? I know Sonic is awful at continuity, but this is a pretty huge contradiction.

The way I see it:

Generations Classic Sonic is just Modern Sonic when he was younger

Mania Classic Sonic is a Sonic from another dimension

...Actually Mania!Sonic being from another dimension COULD work.

Mania isn't a numbered classic game and doesn't seem to connect to anything other than forces, this way, they can keep Mania sequels coming without having to worry at all about continuity when it comes to plot both pre established and things to come, and settings. Leaving Mania as this alternate timeline where the classic series branched out, and modern as our ''main'' timeline, without them clashing with eachother.

TL;DR They don't mean Classic Sonic is from another dimension, THIS SPECIFIC Classic Sonic is.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

...Actually Mania!Sonic being from another dimension COULD work.

Mania isn't a numbered classic game and doesn't seem to connect to anything other than forces, this way, they can keep Mania sequels coming without having to worry at all about continuity when it comes to plot both pre established and things to come, and settings. Leaving Mania as this alternate timeline where the classic series branched out, and modern as our ''main'' timeline, without them clashing with eachother.

As long as we keep getting more classic games, I'm fine with that.

Mania is such a treat, and it'd be a pity if they didn't make more games like it.

• Thumbs Up 4