Awoo.

Advice for getting back into YuGiOh?

BonkersTheAutomaton

So I remember playing YuGiOh a lot when I was a Kid.  It mostly started in Primary school and summer school where I even had the fortune to have a shiny Summon Skull that I got from a booster.  Which to my stupid 7 year old self I ended up trading for a shiny Scape Goat (I will never forget that day where I made that mistake).  When Secondary school came round, like most people it was time to grow up and be into more "mature" things, and by mature I mean "I have absolutely no idea and come to think of it, secondary school was stupid in that regard".  However during year 10 I believe I got back into the card game thanks to a few people I was friends with at the time.  It was a bit cringe worthy though if I'm honest since one of us was a full blown Weaboo who every time we played a match would always act as though he was in the first generation anime, with the expressive hand gestures and over the top characterizations of playing cards.  Sadly as most people out there, once I left secondary school it was time for college and from this point on all forms of YuGiOh or pretty much any card game for that matter was lost on me.  After leaving college I got into Magic the Gathering for a good long while but eventually stop playing because I didn't enjoy the whole pay-to-win aspect of it (even though I know it isn't pay to win, but I could imagine most MTG players out there have a slight understanding as to what I referring to).  More or less MTG just became too expensive for me to want to keep investing into especially since I wasn't seeing progress with my decks.

But anyway I feel as though I am getting a little off topic slightly.  Basically, I would like to get into YuGiOh again but my only question is how?  My local game shop I think those a YuGiOh night everyweek, but just like I wrote before with that one friend in secondary school, the posts this guy who runs the YuGiOh side of it puts on facebook seem a little cringey if I'm honest, putting post just saying "Time to Duel" and such.  So I'm not sure if I'm willing to go to that sort of event if that is the type people that are going to be there.  I also here that the Steam game YuGiOh: Lagacy of the Duelist is now really out of date and that nobody plays it.

Forgive just sounds as though I'm being a bit of a douche with everything I just wrote.  But I mostly just wanted to hear what you guys would have to say.

I highly suggest to go find and download YGOPRO... or one of the other fan-made yugioh card games on PC. YGOPRO has nearly all the cards up to date, including new cards from japan, and you can play against players or a A.I. bot. Personally I don't feel the need to play Yugioh IRL anymore... and that's saying something because I've been into the game since 2001.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suggest playing Yugioh Duel Links. It has alot of the old school cards plus a lot of modern ones. It only features fusion and ritual summons though so no other advanced methods to get into. 

I left the series long ago too. When synchros came out I left. But thanks to @Princess Jellicentshowing me Arc-V. I got back in, learned how to pendulum summon, and got some XYZ monsters added to my deck strategy. Plus I've added more cards from Dark side of dimensions into my deck.

I'm glad you are trying to get back into the game.

• Thumbs Up 1