Awoo.

Sonic Forces Vocal Theme - "Fist Bump"

Wraith

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Ve9Y3.gif

Is this game Sonic Adventure 3? At times I barely heard the guy over the music.

You think so? I think his voice should be lower.

Spoiler

MUCH MUCH LOWER

Yikes. So I didn't miss the vocal themes as others did, but even so this just sounds wrong. Like this sounds like something you'd hear in the upcoming Emoji movie.

16 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

Still can't shake off the Power Rangers sound of the thing, though. 

I think you nailed it, Miru. It does sound like a Rangers song!

The lyrics are cheesy as all hell, but I'm not sure. It's not awful or anything IMO. Seems like something that could grow on me over time honestly. Nowhere near as good as Crush 40 (Goodness, why the hell would you not bring them back when they were at the same goddamn party this game was announced at) though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an okay theme. I like it. I have to agree with some of the others though that by releasing the instrumental first it kind of spoilt the vocals. And while I like it, it's still not high on my list of favourites.

11 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I don't know how many times I've said this in regards to Forces, but everytime I think we've hit the bottom, they drag me further down. The instrumental was fine, why this?

It really does feel like they have some saboteur on staff dosen't it?

In all honesty, though, I don't really hate this. I'm already softening up on it after less than 20 minutes. There are parts that I actually like. And I didn't feel that embarrassing feeling nearly as much as by Endless Possibilities' angry section.

The singer does sound bad at times, though.

I like this more than that other vocal song by far. 

13 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Yikes. So I didn't miss the vocal themes as others did, but even so this just sounds wrong. Like this sounds like something you'd hear in the upcoming Emoji movie.

Not really. Emoji Movie is more likely to use a current pop song.

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly liked the vocals.

Some parts weren't that great, but most of the song was amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, it's alright. I was kinda hoping for a female vocalist on the main theme too simply to match the Avatar stage themes but that's not a big deal honestly.

On one hand Mario wins but on the other, Jump Up, Super Star is lovely by any measure. I can't imagine anything beating that level of joy.

• Thumbs Up 1

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCKKKKKKKKKKK!

I ALREADY THOUGHT OF MY OWN LYRICS!

31 minutes ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Jeez, can we please get Crush 40 back? Sure they were cheesy, but at least they sounded GOOD. Johnny isnt getting any younger. 

Actually, didn't Johnny say they were working on something for a Sonic game? Which would be this game?

Plot twist, there's 3 different versions of this song. The instrumental is for Classic Sonic. This version would be for Custom Avatar. AND THEN CRUSH 40'S VERSION FOR MODERN SONIC BABY! I wish

• Thumbs Up 6

First impressions can be tough and when I heard this, I knew it.

If those lyrics weren't enough, those vocals just blew it.

And so, dear song, so short and stout. You'll never be in so we're kicking you out.

.......Not entirely. I just... I actually couldn't finish listening to the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

DCIe1fLXYAA6rbb.jpg

DCIe4oAXoAAJqmA.jpg

...this sounds exactly like one of those awful song covers wot you find on youtube, in the worst way possible. It sounds exactly like a fan just making up lyrics to fit the music instead of an actual proper song and it hurts my ears so, so much.

Just... no. 

• Thumbs Up 4

This literally sounds like a first draft. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these lyrics were written last night.

I actually envy Sonic Team. I didn't know you could get paid to be THIS lazy.

• Thumbs Up 4

Aw come on guys, there's always a chance crush 40 could cover it right? Right?

1 minute ago, Rusty Spy said:

This literally sounds like a first draft. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these lyrics were written last night.

I actually envy Sonic Team. I didn't know you could get paid to be THIS lazy.

Exactly, it sounds like a fucking demo version where the singer is drunk off his ass. 

Okay, now I calmed down and listened to the song again... 

Is alright. The start of the vocals is bad, the middle is alright, the ending is good, but the last part is bad again. "One more last fist bump" is the most anti-climatic way to end this song.

And the lyrics could use some work, there is nothing more cheesy than the power of friendship and teamwork (*cough* WE CAN). Sonic music is cheesy, but the lyrics aren't bad, Open your Heart and Live and Learn are cheesy but good.

Is cool to imagine an animated intro to this song tho

• Thumbs Up 1

My lyrics:

"First two lines of fastest thing alive repeated"

"Next three lines"

"Instrumental break to ending part of instrumental video"

"Next two lines of fastest thing alive"

"Some shitty part that I can't keep the same"

"Aforementioned two lines done again"

"Last line of fastest thing alive"

I didn't have the heart to type that shit out.

Parts of it sounded like Sonic was trying to sing.

Don't mind a bit of cheese but I can't stomach it when it goes too far. We Can was the only song in Heroes I couldn't get into because of that, even when I was a kid. At least that one was sung okay but.. 

Dammit. I wanted vocal songs to come back too. You know if people hate it their reaction isn't going to be "We should have tried something else" but rather "We should get rid of all vocal songs forever again". 

Cause that's how they respond to criticism. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Wow! It's garbage! 

Like, Ohtani's backing music is still pretty good but why on earth did you hire the Hoobstank man. I saw Hoobastank live, opening for Linkin Park. I was 12. POD was there. It was a very bad time for music.

"one more last fist bump" what IS this y'all this is irredeemable

DumpsterFire2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8