Awoo.

Sonic Mania Green Hill Zone Act 2 New Gameplay

Zippo

Since this isn't about Chemical Plant anymore, I thought it probably deserved its own topic, so it's been split off.

Anyway, it looks freakin' gorgeous, the ziplines are a great gimmick that can definitely have a great sense of flow if used properly, and I love the callback to Sonic 1 Green Hill with the water. Really eager to get my hands on this ?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, ShroomZed said:

...wow, that's some dick spike placement at 1:39 

Oh wow, you're not kidding. I get testing your reflexes and trying to get you to jump at the right moment or whatever, but this seems a bit extreme...!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm..with what the team have mentioned regarding the world being treated as a more cohesive thing, and there being small S3K style cut scenes etc is anyone else wondering what the end of Act 2 in Green Hill could mean?

Eggman's mech explodes into pieces and the ground under it goes too, the body of the mech unit falls into said hole with him still in it. Does that mean Sonic will then follow him down the hole into the next zone? Labyrinth? Or a new zone located underground on South Island? Or am I thinking to hard about this?

Edit : My bad, posted this before I saw the conversation that has been going on in the E3 footage topic a good 12 hours ago haha. Guess I was thinking along the same lines before I even saw the posts.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's some off-screen footage (uploaded by Tails' Channel) of Knuckles taking on the boss.

It's a bit of a struggle for the player, but using Knuckles' gliding to attack is naturally a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Tenko said:

Hmm..with what the team have mentioned regarding the world being treated as a more cohesive thing, and there being small S3K style cut scenes etc is anyone else wondering what the end of Act 2 in Green Hill could mean?

Eggman's mech explodes into pieces and the ground under it goes too, the body of the mech unit falls into said hole with him still in it. Does that mean Sonic will then follow him down the hole into the next zone? Labyrinth? Or a new zone located underground on South Island? Or am I thinking to hard about this?

Yes; it is quite a good intentionally self referential cliffhanger for the full game!  

I definitely follow what you are saying, that it is certainly not an area of the island that was accessed in the original.  While Sonic's path was never specifically shown on a map, one can suppose that he travelled above ground beyond the oceanside region to reach Marble Zone.  

What if below Green Hill there's Labyrinth Zone? But not the one we know, but one that the Sonic Team makes awesome. Now that's a challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, molul said:

What if below Green Hill there's Labyrinth Zone? But not the one we know, but one that the Sonic Team makes awesome. Now that's a challenge.

If they put a lot of elements from Hydrocity in there, it would make for a fantastic stage