Awoo.

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works, January 26th, 2018, PS4/Xbox/Steam)

Zippo

25 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Is he getting a story arc or just gonna be a character addition?

If he got his own arc it would be just him screaming "KAKAROT!".

• Thumbs Up 2

Releases March 28th!

Bardock I'm kunda hyped about, but figuring my team is kinda hard.

When I play I usually use Rosé/SSB Goku/Freeza or Rosé/Hit/Freeza.

I might switch Freeza out if I can figure combos with Bardock.

12 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

I heared they'll have dramatic finishes against Goku and Freeza

Yep. Broly has one with Goku and Bardock has one with Freeza.

So, it seems that the base Goku model found in the game files may be the one used during Bardock's Dramatic Finish. Now the base Vegeta model mystery remains.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/28/2018 at 2:46 AM, Ice Vec said:

So, it seems that the base Goku model found in the game files may be the one used during Bardock's Dramatic Finish. Now the base Vegeta model mystery remains.

Sadly, the character is listed as DLC in the game's data:

So get ready for Base Goku and Vegeta, lads.

n90qczz.jpg

I couldn't resist after seeing his response to Bardock lol. Sorry Hit, but we have plenty more Goku to come.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't get the complaints from the DBFZ community unless they're not DBZ fans.

Black is NOT Goku. Even the characters in the game mention that. And of course he was gonna get in. He's a fan favourite.

Bardock was expected because Japan.

Base Goku...I agree...

12 hours ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

I really don't get the complaints from the DBFZ community unless they're not DBZ fans.

Black is NOT Goku. Even the characters in the game mention that. And of course he was gonna get in. He's a fan favourite.

Bardock was expected because Japan.

Base Goku...I agree...

Its just a joke, no one actually thinks that they are all literally goku under a different skin (well, goku black kinda is but that's beside the point) but having this many characters that all essentially look the same when you boil them down really does seem a tad ridiculous. I won't lie though, i'm kinda disappointed they went with so many obvious choices in this game. I know it isn't smash bros or anything but I was expecting more curveballs to include characters that weren't mostly different varieties of super saiyan. Would've let them get more creative with movesets too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta say, I'm still heavily against all these similar types of saiyans getting in. You know that problem I mentioned earlier about your character getting lost in the fray because a large portion of other characters looks identical to them when in motion? Well that problem has only worsened with Bardock's inclusion. I'm honestly considering just flat out taking SS Goku off my team completely because he's always the first character to get downed for me now. Not usually due to me actually being incompetent with him, but because whenever the game gets heated I'm always losing his position on screen when the opponent has one or more of Bardock, Black, SSB Goku, SS Goku, ect. on their team. Seriously, when assist calling, swapping out, and all those different animations and effects are running at rapid fire you need to have a unique character in there just to tell where the fuck you are most of the time. Especially when the opponent has Bardock on his team where his assist combos are absolutely lethal.

Broly I've honestly lightened up on now though. Not because I like him (no his rushing is some mess like damn) but because he's so fucking big that he always stands out.

• Thumbs Up 3

i agree that there are too many similar characters on the roster but I honestly don't get how you could get bardock/Goku Black/etc and Goku confused. Their colors are more than enough of an indicator imo. I've never had that problem.

Not really sure how Bardock is adding to the problem.  I'd understand having this problem if Goku's base form was a character in this game, but as of now he's not and Bardock hardly looks anything like any of the current Gokus both in their silhouette and in their color schemes.

I don't know what to tell you guys. I wish I wasn't having that problem but it keeps happening to me. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to DB and haven't really watched these characters for years on end or because there's some difference in how much shit gets drawn on screen for high pc settings but I swear my SS Goku just up and disappears at times when a player with 1 or more of those saiyans starts going combo and assist crazy.

Different colored hair only goes so far when your game has multicolored attack beams popping off almost every second.

3 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

I don't know what to tell you guys. I wish I wasn't having that problem but it keeps happening to me. Maybe because I'm still relatively new to DB and haven't really watched these characters for years on end or because there's some difference in how much shit gets drawn on screen for high pc settings but I swear my SS Goku just up and disappears at times when a player with 1 or more of those saiyans starts going combo and assist crazy.

Different colored hair only goes so far when your game has multicolored attack beams popping off almost every second.

Well, to make it easier change the outfit color for the character you have a problem with to remember.

The players can't have the same colors so it will be easier to remember.

24 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

Well, to make it easier change the outfit color for the character you have a problem with to remember.

The players can't have the same colors so it will be easier to remember.

Nah, I've already just switched to Android 21 for the time being. The only other character she's remotely similar to is Kid Buu (and at that point I've already just accepted my defeat at the hands of that scrub lol) so it's good. Not to mention the fact that not many people have bothered to even complete the story mode so she's somewhat less likely to be seen. My love of Goku has been wearing thin. So my team is currently her, Krillin, and Frieza.

actually, come to think of it, with the way this roster is going frieza might've been onto something back with planet Vegeta

NGL, I still don't really see how you can mess up characters. Usually you get a "YOU" appear above your character.

My team (not final) is:

Bardock/SSB Vegeta/Goku Black

I keep changing it but the characters I feel I'm good with are(besides the 3 above):

-SSB Goku

-Hit

-Freeza

Sadly, I got a rank down and I'm back at "Freeza Clan". What rank do you guys have?

18 minutes ago, DiamondX the Fighter said:

NGL, I still don't really see how you can mess up characters. Usually you get a "YOU" appear above your character.

It's seems to be a very common complaint from what I've seen (reddit, twitter, ect.). There's usually so much noise on screen that you sort of need all the differences in character appearances that you can get.

All these saiyans being added flies right in the face of that. I can only imagine how terrible it's going to be when base goku and vegeta get added in.

...Jiren's actually looking pretty ok to me atm tbh...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've actually had to change my lineup myself. I hadn't played in awhile and jumped back in because I got Bardock and Broly. After a few games, I ended up switching my lineup from SSJ Goku-Rose-SSB Vegeta to Rose-Broly-Frieza.

SSJ Goku - while I can still land his Super and ultimate setups after a normal combo, he just typically ends up being downed too quickly and I'm not sure if it's just people have learned to deal with him, since he's basically the Ryu of the game or if I've gotten too rusty with him. It's strange though because I've been able to use Rose and still do decent with him despite my absence from the game. SSB Vegeta is on again off again because I never picked him up properly yet and had just began working out how to combo into his supers.

My biggest problem is I'm too offensive for my own good. While I can time blocks decently, I can't find the proper timing for punishing and it feels like the opponent does nothing but constantly attack my blocks until he manages to break through. Uppercutting dashs is also a bit of an issue for me.

My new team has been handling things a lot better. Frieza and Rose shares the thankful trait of having attacks that can break through a block (Frieza's midair kick for example) and his explosion attack, even if I'm still figuring it out. Broly is a insane amount of fun to play, even if he's a relatively big character. If there's one thing that annoys me, I feel he takes a bit too much damage when compared to someone like 16. Obviously, balancing has to come into play but I find it strange that 16 seemingly takes less damage than the literal invincible monster that took a kamehameha point blank and proceeded to smile and smash Goku around like a rag doll.

That said, Broly's power is still pretty fun to use, and his Ultimate is relatively easy to land (because it's more or less a bigger and stronger version of Frieza's super, you can use his neutral combo where he smashes his opponent face first into the ground and then if you time his ultimate, it crashes into the oppenent mid-air and hits). The only problem is the timing of the ultimate is pretty tight between when they're still vulnerable in the air and when they reach invincibility frames.

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I've actually had to change my lineup myself. I hadn't played in awhile and jumped back in because I got Bardock and Broly. After a few games, I ended up switching my lineup from SSJ Goku-Rose-SSB Vegeta to Rose-Broly-Frieza.

SSJ Goku - while I can still land his Super and ultimate setups after a normal combo, he just typically ends up being downed too quickly and I'm not sure if it's just people have learned to deal with him, since he's basically the Ryu of the game or if I've gotten too rusty with him. It's strange though because I've been able to use Rose and still do decent with him despite my absence from the game. SSB Vegeta is on again off again because I never picked him up properly yet and had just began working out how to combo into his supers.

My biggest problem is I'm too offensive for my own good. While I can time blocks decently, I can't find the proper timing for punishing and it feels like the opponent does nothing but constantly attack my blocks until he manages to break through. Uppercutting dashs is also a bit of an issue for me.

My new team has been handling things a lot better. Frieza and Rose shares the thankful trait of having attacks that can break through a block (Frieza's midair kick for example) and his explosion attack, even if I'm still figuring it out. Broly is a insane amount of fun to play, even if he's a relatively big character. If there's one thing that annoys me, I feel he takes a bit too much damage when compared to someone like 16. Obviously, balancing has to come into play but I find it strange that 16 seemingly takes less damage than the literal invincible monster that took a kamehameha point blank and proceeded to smile and smash Goku around like a rag doll.

That said, Broly's power is still pretty fun to use, and his Ultimate is relatively easy to land (because it's more or less a bigger and stronger version of Frieza's super, you can use his neutral combo where he smashes his opponent face first into the ground and then if you time his ultimate, it crashes into the oppenent mid-air and hits). The only problem is the timing of the ultimate is pretty tight between when they're still vulnerable in the air and when they reach invincibility frames.

I think the best way to use Broly's ultimate is shown in Combo challenge 10, where you do it after the air grab.

I use Vegeta, Trunks and Cell because I like winning. Cells mixups are insane, Vegeta's damage output and assist is insane, and Trunks has enough tricks up his sleeve like his level 3 being a command grab that breaks players guard that I stay entertained. 

My defense and pressure are getting better, but executing more advanced combos is becoming a problem. I need to do more damage to stand a chance against some of these people.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I use Vegeta, Trunks and Cell because I like winning. Cells mixups are insane, Vegeta's damage output and assist is insane, and Trunks has enough tricks up his sleeve like his level 3 being a command grab that breaks players guard that I stay entertained. 

My defense and pressure are getting better, but executing more advanced combos is becoming a problem. I need to do more damage to stand a chance against some of these people.

I'd love to pick up Trunks myself, but I just can't for the life of me get into his playstyle. 

It's unorthodox, but it's fun. You should focus on using the flip to cross up or increase your horizontal distance. The sword is a good mixup tool and combo ender. His autocombo is safe and lets him switch sides and you can throw in a sword afterward for trunks to dive right back in and attack their other side. EX flip gives him a lot of control and allows him to pull crafty shit like this

Using medium sword in the air lets him hone in on an enemy from anywhere on the screen, so you can punish a projectile or just throw people off with a dive in. He can attack from a lot of different angles.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, the new Vjump apparently revealed the next DLC character

Spoiler

Zamasu.

DbGreGhV4AImjvz.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1