Awoo.

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back

AlphaRuby

Speaking of being generic:

Giana-Sister-Twisted-Dreams-Director-s-C
screenshot2017-06-08aedxf8.png

I know these games share the same developers...but seriously? Why do they look like the same game just with different characters shopped in?

• Thumbs Up 2

Because Giana Sisters became a legally-required-to-be-nondescript art style and other than the trippiness with 3D Bubsy always occupied that middle ground.

Ok...I guess I wasn't clear.

I never said this new one was gonna be fantastic nor were Bubsy's 2D games good (Like I said, they were sloppy). I'm clearly aware of his bad reputation. 

I mean, who isn't? But that's pretty much why I'm gonna enjoy this, because of how hilariously ironic how all of this might turn out imo.

Besides, I want Accolade to suprise me.

Oh my shit. This isn't a joke. This is real. It's actually happening.

...But I'm curious of where this is gonna go, so~:

N41dtDG.jpg

3 hours ago, Tornado said:

The original Bubsy was fucking huge when it was new, and not even remotely a game that shared the reputation of Bubsy 3D and (to a lesser extent) Bubsy II

Yes; it was and is a genuinely strong and unique entry within the overall realm of 16 bit games and overall platformers (There was a mid 90s port to PC which was basically a graphical and sound upgrade as close to "Sonic 2 HD" as anything could have been back then..!)

The game mechanics and physics did often feel a bit unusual, but the level design complemented them really well, as well as attempting some very innovative and peculiar ideas for what the environments could be.    

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Brutus said:

So, is Blinx next?

Man I fucking hope so.

• Thumbs Up 5

We live in a strange world. The World where Bubsy gets a sequel, where the easiest way to get a bunch of likes is to throw most obvious meme....

I just hope the game won't be generic. I mean, if it's gonna be awful, that what we expected, right? Maybe 1% of buyers will expect this game to be good.

And if it's gonna be good, then it's gonna be interesting to watch internet's reaction to it.

The art style is rather generic but I think the environments are fairly nice looking, all the same. Bubsy's model/animations are fucking terrible, though

On 6/8/2017 at 0:25 PM, Gabe said:

2017. The year of dabbing DK Rabbids, Shaq Fu reborn, Sonic fancharacters, sequel to game of the generation (Knack), and now the bobcat scratching back.

What a time to be alive.

Shaq Fu is still coming?  I was about ready to rule that one a scam.

17 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Speaking of being generic:

Giana-Sister-Twisted-Dreams-Director-s-C
screenshot2017-06-08aedxf8.png

I know these games share the same developers...but seriously? Why do they look like the same game just with different characters shopped in?

For all we know, that could be because they were going to make it something else, before they noticed the hubbub around Sonic Forces and figured people would be prefer Bubsy, so they made it Bubsy.  Not sure if that's a dismal moment in game design history, or an utterly awesome case of jokes about the power of memes actually being true.

Also, regarding stock-looking graphics, including ones that are actually recycled, I totally welcome them if their proliferation means more games and more types of games get made by more developers.  That said, Bubsy's world was supppsed to be cartoony, and this looks a bit too realistic.  Pretty, but a bit too realistic.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Major gripe here. I wish more of MSZ 1 was the train and not the plane. Having just the beginning and boss be the plane, and have the main stage be set on the train with tons of exploration might have made it my favorite new zone.

I don't think this would actually fit within any Mania topics.  There does seem to be some overlap between one of the most groundbreaking (I think!) levels from Claws Encounters and Mirage Saloon Act 1; the mix of a multi part moving train and fairly vertical canyon platforming and exploring.  It might not have even been an intentional homage! ^_^   

• Thumbs Up 1

New trailer! I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to enjoying this game ironically.

It also comes with a "Purrfect" Edition that's for physical copies only, imagine being seen carrying a new Bubsy game in public.

And it comes out on Halloween? How fitting..

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

New Halloween trailer released, featuring an uncomfortable cameo from a certain blue hedgehog we're all kind of familiar with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

That was delightfully uncomfortable.

I still think this entire game, including its advertising, is done as some kind of expensive tongue-in-cheek joke. They know they're reheating a pile of crap and they're having fun with every second of it.

Man there's a certain level of hypocrisy for that trailer. Although wouldn't it be some shit if this game got better reviews than Sonic Forces?

• Thumbs Up 4

40 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Man there's a certain level of hypocrisy for that trailer. Although wouldn't it be some shit if this game got better reviews than Sonic Forces?

If that happens, I am never letting it go. I will hold it over Sonic Team's heads forever.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

If Bubsy gets a higher score than Sonic Forces I will draw the bob cat the best I possibly can. You have my word. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Super Mechanio said:

If that happens, I am never letting it go. I will hold it over Sonic Team's heads forever.

Yeah,  as heavily unrealistic that is,  if it happened,  they deserve the scorn honestly. 

Is there any real reason to believe this game is as awful as the old ones? I haven't paid attention to this much since it's announcement trailer, but it looks ok from what I've seen.