Awoo.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions Announced For 3DS (October)

Zippo

My thoughts on the remastered music

Come On, Again:  Almost a 1:1 translation of the original track, only now with an actual instrument instead of the square wave

Teehee Valley:  Great

Cackletta's Theme:  OMG YES!  That's what Yoko was going for all those years ago! Shame that it was hindered by the fact that she was working on Kingdom Hearts.

Popple's theme:  I personally think that the synth wave should have been left as the brass section like in the original, seeing as the brass reminds me of Tommy Tallarico for some reason.

It kinda bugs me that they just took E. Gadd's theme directly from Dark Moon. 

Oh yeah, here's the final boss

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

It kinda bugs me that they just took E. Gadd's theme directly from Dark Moon. 

Oh yeah, here's the final boss

Hide contents

This looks so wrong to me.

What is the general consensus on the soundtrack? I like some of the remixes, but I think it's weaker than the original game's soundtrack on the whole.

• 1 month later...

I decided to pick this up regardless of all my complaining in this thread lol. A lot of my initial ambivalence is still there, and honestly this is probably the most pointless $40 I've spent in a while, but whatever, it's still Superstar Saga and I'm still having fun with it. It's fine but if you own the original and don't care much about the Minion's Quest subgame then I wouldn't say this is a must-have in any respect, especially coming off after Samus Returns which was a much more impressive overhaul of its source. If anything, I just wanted to have all of the Mario & Luigi games on one system.

The remixed soundtrack is also just fine. It's not overwhelmingly better or worse, honestly. Except the final battle theme - I don't like what Yoko did with it.

• Thumbs Up 2