Awoo.

Where To Wail When There Is Trouble

Darinian

So as some of us just saw SSMB just crashed randomly after news about Sonic Forces appeared and it was TOP NOTCH. So I was waiting and spamming the reload button for like 2 minutes I was wondering, and here comes the main reason for this thread:

Where do we go to when SSMB crashes and we have nowhere to go?

You are free from your shackles and must run for your life.

Alternatively, you just grab a beer and chill for a bit before it comes back online. It's never gone for long. 

• Thumbs Up 9

5 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

@Blue Blood No like actually who do we get info from when the site crashes 

Check the Facebook, Twitter or one the chats that people have set up (I'm sure someone will provide a link here). There's not normally any "official" info unless there's something relatively big going on and the site is going to be down for a while.

48 minutes ago, Zoroark & Flare said:

So as some of us just saw SSMB just crashed randomly after news about Sonic Forces appeared and it was TOP NOTCH. So I was waiting and spamming the reload button for like 2 minutes I was wondering, and here comes the main reason for this thread:

Where do we go to when SSMB crashes and we have nowhere to go?

There's the unofficial SSMB Discord 2.0 server, which you can find in the Personal Discussion forum.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

You are free from your shackles and must run for your life.

Alternatively, you just grab a beer and chill for a bit before it comes back online. It's never gone for long. 

Except back in the EZ Board days.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Tornado said:

Except back in the EZ Board days.

And well, that time when the entire site got deleted.

• Thumbs Up 1

SSMB inevitably suffers from server strain when big news pops up.  It's always been this way.  When it happens, you're probably just going to have to do something else for awhile.  If it's down for a long time, you can give the TSS Twitter a shout but chances are we already know and are working on it.

Other members have posted some good alternatives to pass the time while we're down.   I particularly like Blue Blood's idea because anything with alcohol is immediately a good.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

And well, that time when the entire site got deleted.

I hope that happens again. It's a great way to cover my tracks.

Sonic 4 Episode 2? Never defended it. Not even once. ?

• Thumbs Up 6

Just as an extra to this - you can be assured that when the site is suffering strain, we're well aware of the issue (sometimes before you notice on the client side). We have a sufficient communication backbone between staff that allows us to quickly notify each other of problems; some of them are present within other chat mediums including members so the information gets relayed where necessary.

Bringing up the Twitter and Facebook accounts presents an interesting idea. I'll look into those (particularly Twitter) for server related matters going forward.

• Thumbs Up 2