Awoo.

What if: Sonic Modern Collection for PS4/Xbox One.

Detective Kaito

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

You think everything is coming to Switch and then they keep getting announced and they're not :P

If this were to come, I doubt it'd have Lost World and it'd be multiplatform.

The Switch is quite a bit more powerful than the 360 and PS3 even in handheld mode. I'm sure it can run them at 60 fps.

The switch has a hard time keeping Zelda at 30 fps. I doubt fps is something they would worry about much

16 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The switch has a hard time keeping Zelda at 30 fps. I doubt fps is something they would worry about much

BOTW wasn't fully optimized, simply brought up to par with the wii-u version so it's not a great example. However in handheld mode, the Switch has roughly 3 times the power of a 360, so I wouldn't worry about running these games

I also have a hard time believing Unleashed HD would run on Switch. Anyways, while I don't see it happening at all (either Modern or Racing Collection), I rather have a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 in the vein of Crash N-Sane Trilogy. Updated graphics to todays standards, slightly remixed soundtrack, bugs/weird sh*t fixed. NOW THAT I would pay real money to play.

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

I also have a hard time believing Unleashed HD would run on Switch. Anyways, while I don't see it happening at all (either Modern or Racing Collection), I rather have a remake of Sonic Adventure 1 in the vein of Crash N-Sane Trilogy. Updated graphics to todays standards, slightly remixed soundtrack, bugs/weird sh*t fixed. NOW THAT I would pay real money to play.

Do that for 06 and you hot my money bit actually make game you were going hell even if it took 2 years

38 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

When you say "I could see it...on Switch", it sort of means the same thing. It'd be different if he said "I could see it working well on Switch" then that's a different meaning altogether. Specifically focusing on one console for seemingly no reason and making it sound like it could only work on Switch can be misinterpreted as such. Even then, I'd argue it makes more sense on PS4/Xbox One, since if anything, those are the players that might need the reintroduction to Sonic since he's been absence since 2012. 

I didn't read it that way. I was gonna bring up the Switch as well, honestly.

It just looked like you were making an assumption based on his past posts regarding the Switch. Multiple people in this thread read it the same way as you, though, so maybe I'm just crazy. Regardless, I couldn't care less which ones "made more sense" on whatever console.

Anyways, off topic. I wonder if they could put some extra stages in for Unleashed or Generations. I could see some similar to the small acts Unleashed has, like the balloon and ring dash air stage that Rooftop Run had. I'd like brand new stages for Gens but I doubt that'd happen. If this collection were to become a thing, of course.

I think all I want from Unleashed is just playing it without it becoming a Microsoft Powerpoint when playing Jungle Joyride and Eggmanland.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/25/2017 at 1:47 AM, Mayor D said:

You have no idea though how close one of those titles came to reality...

Edit: Ok... can't leave it at that.

Basically, Sega was pitched one of those titles for the PS4/Xbox One by another company who had managed to get the title running at the specs, and Sega said no.

I assume you're talking about Sonic Free Riders. Such a waste, it would've been awesome without the motion controls. That and its been over 4 years since we've had a Sonic racing game.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I assume you're talking about Sonic Free Riders.

Nope. Tad more recent than that.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Nope. Tad more recent than that.

Haha, I see. That was a wasted opportunity too. Unless Sega has some other Sonic racing game in development (which I highly doubt), then I wouldn't understand why they turned it down,

It will be awesome to have Transformed and the original All-Stars Racing on the current gen. The PS4 is SERIOUSLY lacking a kart racer... Hopefully Crash can sane our hunger.

I realize Sonic games are no Skyrim or Witcher 3, but could a collection of all the modern games even fit on a PS4/Xbone disc?

Anyways, I wouldn't mind seeing more sonic collections. In fact, I'd like to see other separate collections in addition to that one:

1. a classic/middle age Sonic collection for PS4/XBone/Switch. It would be Sonic 1-Sonic Heroes (and have Sonic CD included as well), with features not seen since Sonic Jam (A museum hub world, with various images, music, and videos from 1991 till 2003/4 [whatever year Heroes came out). And maybe include the Master System versions of 8-Bit sonic games as well. Perhaps they could have Sonic 1, 2, and CD be the Taxman remakes instead of their original versions.

2. A Handheld sonic collection for the 3DS and/or Switch, including the Game Gear games, the Advance trilogy, and maybe the Rush series if it could fit.

3. A spinoff Sonic collection for the PS4/Xbone/Switch. It would have various spinoffs from Sonic's career, including ones like 3D Blast, Spinball, R, etc and maybe some of the more obscure ones like Knuckles Chaotix, SEGASonic, etc

• 3 weeks later...

What if they released a complete collection of all the popular Sonic games from about 1991-2005/2007? 

Console Sonic games:

Sonic 1 (with the option to play as Tails and Knuckles)

Sonic 2 (with the option to play as Knuckles)

Sonic CD (with the option to play as Tails and Knuckles)

Sonic 3 

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Blue Sphere

Sonic Adventure DX (with the option to connect to the Tiny Chao Garden in some GBA games via Chao Gardens)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (with the option to connect to the Tiny Chao Garden in some GBA games via Chao World)

Sonic Heroes

Possibly Shadow the Hedgehog?

Handheld Sonic games:

Sonic Advance (with the option to connect to the SADX and SA2B Chao Gardens via Tiny Chao Garden)

Sonic Advance 2 (with the option to connect to the SADX and SA2B Chao Gardens via Tiny Chao Garden)

Possibly Sonic Pinball Party? (with the option to connect to the SADX and SA2B Chao Gardens via Tiny Chao Garden)

Sonic Battle

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush

Possibly Sonic Rush Adventure?

This would be a good idea, as this features games that are somewhat old. Sure, some of these games can play on some of the modern consoles, but this would still be a good idea. This could, most likely, be a Nintendo exclusive, as all of these games, (with the exception of CD, maybe) have had standalone releases (not part of a collection game) on a Nintendo console at one point or another, while some of these games were not on Xbox or PlayStation. Also, another good reason to put it on Nintendo is that most Sonic games ran best on Nintendo. Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle were GameCube exclusives. (SADX did get a PC release in 2004, one year after the GameCube release, but it was not good, and more people had the GameCube version. And yes, I am aware of the Xbox, PS3, and PC ports of both games. If it wasn't for them, I would not own SADX and SA2B, as I do not have a GameCube. I'm not counting them, because they came out several years later compared to the GameCube releases.) On the other hand, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog were multi-platform games, with both games coming out on GameCube, Xbox, and PS2, while Sonic Heroes also got a PC release. However, both games run best on their GameCube versions. Not to mention all those handheld Sonic games being released at the time. Since the Game Boy Advance was really the only popular handheld console on the market at the time (2001 - 2004), all the portable Sonic games were released on that. That was the case with the DS as well. This continued until November 2006, when Sonic Rivals was released exclusively on the PSP. Also, all the Genesis games came out on the Wii Virtual Console, with the exception of CD, which has never seen a standalone release on any Nintendo console yet. But, a Sonic collection can't have all 4 Genesis games without having CD. It would be criticized a ton.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, SilJeff said:

2. A Handheld sonic collection for the 3DS and/or Switch, including the Game Gear games, the Advance trilogy, and maybe the Rush series if it could fit.

I like that idea! Here's a list of potential games for it! (ordered by North American release)

Game Gear:

Sonic 1 (8-bit)

Sonic 2 (8-bit)

Sonic Chaos

Sonic Drift (originally released in Japan) 

Sonic Triple Trouble

Tails' Skypatrol (originally released in Japan)

Tails' Adventure 

Sonic Drift 2

Sonic Labyrinth

Sonic Blast

Game Boy Advance:

Sonic Advance

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Pinball Party

Sonic Battle

Sonic Advance 3

DS:

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Colors

I think a good title for this game would be Sonic: Compact Collection. It would be released exclusively for the Switch. It would probably cost $29.99