Awoo.

How powerful is super sonic and does his anger grow?

Meta77

By this i mean  since he was originally based upon dbz is super sonic mad? Or does his anger grow in the form.  as a lot of artwork shows him looking upset. Also just how powerful is he without the ring limit.

Will we ever see hyper sonic again?

Super Sonic's power has nothing to do with his emotional state. He's always looking serious because he's always turning Super in dire, everything-I-know-and-love-is-at-stake situations.

And the Super Emeralds and the Hyper forms are confirmed to be non-canon, so we'll never see them again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Super Sonic's power has nothing to do with his emotional state. He's always looking serious because he's always turning Super in dire, everything-I-know-and-love-is-at-stake situations.

And the Super Emeralds and the Hyper forms are confirmed to be non-canon, so we'll never see them again.

Wait who said they were non cannon. And many times he transforms for fun like sonic 3. Even unleashed to a extent

Super Sonic's disposition is literally no different to normal Sonic's, so nope.

Well, unless you're talking about the UK comic's version, but he's straight up evil.

21 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Wait who said they were non cannon.

From our very own VEDJ-F via this very website:

Finally, in a Q & A session at the Sonic Boom event in 2013, Iizuka confirmed that the Super Emeralds were strictly out of the continuity (Super Tails was confirmed gone earlier than that). As he explained, they were simply added as more bonus content for locking the two games together, not something that was to be considered within the story itself.

• Thumbs Up 3

34 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Super Sonic's disposition is literally no different to normal Sonic's, so nope.

Well, unless you're talking about the UK comic's version, but he's straight up evil.

From our very own VEDJ-F via this very website:

I dont know about you but many official pics of super sonic have him looking quite upset

tmp_31776-images1616693058.png

Shadow is the only one with anger powers. Its quite literally a mechanic in his game.So he has that potential. Though the chaos emeralds at multiple points in time have been mentioned to be wish granting and to run on emotion or drive, so I guess the drive to solve the problem, would give him his power. Kind of like a green lantern ring. 

That said I don't subscribe to this line of thought because at the end of the day, the only thing chaos emeralds are able to do is produce energy and to warp time and space, and the character shadow who has more of a mastery over said emeralds can only warp time in space, and the energy the chaos emerald produces increases this power, like super sonic being able to move faster than normal sonic, and shadow gaining control of the energy inside of the emerald to do massive space time manipulation like stopping time in its entiery.

So its less sonic being angry and him going super and more, he was already upset and its time to let loose. Shadow is the only character in canon that actually gets more powerful with how upset he is. 

Sonic can warp space time as well. I remember reading somewhere he can do it now more often but 5hat he doesn't like to use it if possible

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sonic can warp space time as well. I remember reading somewhere he can do it now more often but 5hat he doesn't like to use it if possible

It seems pretty limited in his usage. It also seems like much like hyper forms sega would like you to forget that is exists, because if he could regularly use that ability it would litterally solve the games plot, heck the one time he showed an actual afinity towards of any interesting mesure was sonic 06, but everything in that game has been removed from canon. So untill I see him reguarly use it, much like hyper forms i'm going to assume it was a fun thing that happened that you are supposed to forget about..

Which makes sense , this isn't the era of DBZ allegories anymore, so sonic doesn't need to also have shadow powers, shadow has shadow powers that what makes him special, and speed makes sonic special, and that's all it has to be. 

I remember reading somewhere that sonic's boost ability is actually a form of chaos control, if that's true then not only would it make sense for sonic's character to do that, its a fine way to differentiate the two characters. Sonic's chaos control makes him go faster, shadow's alows him to warp reality to get to places faster. 

I don't think Super Sonic is meant to be any more angry than regular Sonic. I read his expression as more serious, since he usually only goes Super at the end of the game, when shit gets real. And we've seen instances of Super Sonic clearly not being angry at all.

• Thumbs Up 9

27 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I don't think Super Sonic is meant to be any more angry than regular Sonic. I read his expression as more serious, since he usually only goes Super at the end of the game, when shit gets real. And we've seen instances of Super Sonic clearly not being angry at all.

The strange thing is, in Heroes he's noticeably more aggressive in Super form than he is before he transforms during the last story. I wish they'd done that a bit more because I actually liked that.

50 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

It seems pretty limited in his usage. It also seems like much like hyper forms sega would like you to forget that is exists, because if he could regularly use that ability it would litterally solve the games plot, heck the one time he showed an actual afinity towards of any interesting mesure was sonic 06, but everything in that game has been removed from canon. So untill I see him reguarly use it, much like hyper forms i'm going to assume it was a fun thing that happened that you are supposed to forget about..

Which makes sense , this isn't the era of DBZ allegories anymore, so sonic doesn't need to also have shadow powers, shadow has shadow powers that what makes him special, and speed makes sonic special, and that's all it has to be. 

I remember reading somewhere that sonic's boost ability is actually a form of chaos control, if that's true then not only would it make sense for sonic's character to do that, its a fine way to differentiate the two characters. Sonic's chaos control makes him go faster, shadow's alows him to warp reality to get to places faster. 

Sonic 06 did not get written out of cannon. Just the games events were erased leaving sonic with a vague memory before he left for his next adventure.

Hmph! You actually thought you could defeat me by transforming into a monster

A lot of his lines in Super form are very arrogant and cocky. More so than usual

If the Unleashed intro is anything to go by, he can turn into Super Sonic at will (given he has the Chaos Emeralds), without having to be in a specific emotion. And he still seems to be his old self in the Super form, too. So it's no more than just a form he can turn into with the Chaos Emeralds.

And his apparent seriousness in most games that he's in that form? Like everyone else is saying, it's because near the end of the game (where he usually goes Super Sonic), he's usually dealing with an end-of-the-world situation. And when you're fighting to save everyone you love and know, you're not gonna play around anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly I could understand why you may think Super Sonic may be angrier than normal Sonic. Like, even back in the Sonic 2 days Super Sonic had a notably angrier expression and poster than normal Sonic. 

Image result for sonic 2 super sonic sprite

But yeah, Super Sonic is not meant to be angrier than normal Sonic, he just tends to have a more aggressive appearance. They probably went with the angry eyes back in the day to make him look more striking and they just kept that as the trend. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Seeing those sprites reminds me, they should bring back buff Super Sonic. Get some meat on those noodly arms.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Seeing those sprites reminds me, they should bring back buff Super Sonic. Get some meat on those noodly arms.

Yeah Super Sonic being buff is one of those little interesting forgotten things. I wonder why they decided to shove it at Sonic 3, maybe it just didn't mesh as well with the S3 sprite style? I dunno. 

I'd guess it's because they started taking it more seriously as a proper element of the series then, rather than it being just a oneshot DBZ-referencing reward.

"Super Sonic strongest one there is!"

I can't imagine being super is an entirely pleasant experience; not that he'd be in wracking pain, but he does have phenomenal cosmic power surging through his body—at the very least I imagine him in a somewhat "restless" state.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ShroomZed said:

Honestly I could understand why you may think Super Sonic may be angrier than normal Sonic. Like, even back in the Sonic 2 days Super Sonic had a notably angrier expression and poster than normal Sonic. 

Image result for sonic 2 super sonic sprite

But yeah, Super Sonic is not meant to be angrier than normal Sonic, he just tends to have a more aggressive appearance. They probably went with the angry eyes back in the day to make him look more striking and they just kept that as the trend. 

Wow I never knew he went buff.  I'd love to see that make a comeback. Noting crazy but maybe more toned when he transforms

Super Sonic is physically unable to make a softer facial expression. So he just looks perpetually angry because his eyes are never not narrowed.

Picturing a buff Super Sonic...or noticeably bufff with actual muscle, ugh...it just wouldn't look right. Noodle arms for dis hedgehog.

I don't think it looks right for sonic, but i've seen fan art, and not the weird kind of characters like knuckles shadow and mighty with a slightly more musclar frame, because they are slower than sonic , but have super strength. So I wish I could find it, but there are ways to do it so it looks nice, and not weird or sonic boom knuckles * shivers*

This isn't meant to be an advertisement for my own art or anything but a while back I did try to draw Super Sonic with the more buff type thing and I think for the time it came out not looking that weird. 

Ixk7FpG.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

I don't think it looks right for sonic, but i've seen fan art, and not the weird kind of characters like knuckles shadow and mighty with a slightly more musclar frame, because they are slower than sonic , but have super strength. So I wish I could find it, but there are ways to do it so it looks nice, and not weird or sonic boom knuckles * shivers*

Shadow is identical to Sonic. He is not slower but stronger, because he is not Knuckles. 

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Shadow is identical to Sonic. He is not slower but stronger, because he is not Knuckles. 

Shadow hypothetically with his boots strait up slower than sonic, and even with them on he can't run as fast. Technically speaking shadow powers of teleportation make him faster than anyone on the planet, but outside of that from my understanding the intent is for shadow to not be as fast this I think even ins sonic adventure 2 and subsequent games shadow can't run as fast.

Also Shadow over the corse of years has grown nonidentical to sonic in a great many ways. I've seen your game in a bunch of threads, every time someone pops up and talks about how sonic and shadow are different you have to suggest they are the same. They are not in manyways, they have differences, and these differences have been amplified a great deal overtime. He's slower than sonic, that's ok he can teleport which is an ability which is far more fitting of his personality

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

No he isn't. 

It's difficult to see but Sonic is noticeably "fatter" than shadow in the torso. Just saying. 

• Thumbs Up 2