Awoo.

Christmas 2016 (How's Your Christmas/Christmas Haul topic)

Ryannumber1gamer

I didn't really ask for much this year. The last few months have been rough that I barely remembered to even send my list to my mom just last week (who'd been asking me up and down since the end of November). In any case, I still got some nice stuff, quite a few surprises, in fact.

- Dragon Quest VII (3DS) (Might throw some thoughts up next week in the "What games are you currently playing?" thread)

- YuYu Hakusho Seasons One-Three (Gonna buy Four later this week and just complete it)

- Dragon Ball Full Color, Freeza Arc, vols. 1-3

- Figma Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Link figure (really wasn't expecting this one!)

So yeah, good Christmas all around. Also got some money, so I'm going to probably put some of it toward one or two more things and then put the rest away.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

I didn't really ask for much this year. The last few months have been rough that I barely remembered to even send my list to my mom just last week (who'd been asking me up and down since the end of November). In any case, I still got some nice stuff, quite a few surprises, in fact.

- Dragon Quest VII (3DS) (Might throw some thoughts up next week in the "What games are you currently playing?" thread)

- YuYu Hakusho Seasons One-Three (Gonna buy Four later this week and just complete it)

- Dragon Ball Full Color, Freeza Arc, vols. 1-3

- Figma Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Link figure (really wasn't expecting this one!)

So yeah, good Christmas all around. Also got some money, so I'm going to probably put some of it toward one or two more things and then put the rest away.

Speaking of which, not really Christmas related but I play Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle and it's a game that's relatively f2p friendly, only thing that gets annoying is it's huge power gaps in terms of the meta. JP is four months ahead of the main game, and they had a thing called the god leads, which are the most powerful cards in the game and pretty much needed to do anything in the game after their release. These cards being Super Vegito (The best card in the entire game and a utter game breaker, more so than the other characters), Buuhan, Omega Shenron, SSJ3 Gotenks, and Broly.

But anyway, I had been trying to pull either Broly, Super Vegito or SSJ3 Gotenks for the past two months (since those are the only ones released atm). After having opened my presents this morning, I decided to go in and collect my daily rewards and saw a special banner out for Xmas. Didn't have particularly high hopes because these characters were super rare (like around 1% chance for a specific character), and I had gotten screwed over many times before when trying to get them. Now the rarity system in Dokkan is N, R, SR, and SSR (which is the best, and each stands for Normal, Rare, Super Rare and Super Super Rare retrospectively). So on the last batch of summons, I get a thing called a "Bye Guys" which confirms you'll get a SSR.

And who is staring at me as the very last card I managed to get? This glorious bastard:

latest?cb=20160906131449 

• Thumbs Up 2

This year was a low key Christmas due to a medical emergency that my mother went through so the budget was pinched quite a bit in addition to me starting a full-time job. I am just glad my parents are still here to celebrate. Anyway here is a list of what I've received from them this year:

• 2017 Star Wars: Rogue One Calendar
  • 2 pairs of wool socks (it's practical where I live)
  • Vintage Racing T-shirt (McQueen Racing. Not to be confused with the Cars character.)
  • Green long-sleeved Henley shirt. (Practical and warm)
  • Lionel Train Christmas ornament (Southern Pacific 4449 locomotive)
  • Reindeer Droppings (aka chocolate covered almonds. Eaten within hours)

Now I have purchased a few things for myself within the past couple of weeks leading up to Christmas due to an increase in pay during the holiday season but I still have a substantial amount of money in my account due to saving up for an apartment after tax season rolls around so here we go:

• Lord Of The Rings Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-Ray box set
  • Doom 2016 (PC Version. Maxed out on 1080p on my machine with no slowdowns)
  • Alien: Isolation (PC Version. Same as above. Damn Xenomorph and Synthetics.)
  • Nights Into Dreams (PC Version. Never had a chance to play it on any other system. Should be a treat.)
  • D-arts Zero (Type 2 version, Still in transit)
  • Goodsmile Racing Miku Personal Sponsorship Figma Action Figure (Course 2014 Version, Still in transit)

All in all I am glad that I still have both my parents around but this is the first year without my Grandfather on my mother's side of the family so it is a bit saddening that I won't be able to share any more stories with him. To my fellow SSMB members who still are close to their families cherish the moments you have with them as they are far more valuable than the gifts you receive from them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mine was great. My brother got me Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness for the PS4, and a Hufflepuff banner. Then we celebrated the rest of the day at out grandmother's house. I ate a ton of food, and almost solved a Rubic Cube.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, had a great day yesterday. Haul includes...

Assassins Creed Syndicate and Assassins Creed Chronicles

DragonBall Z Series 3 DVD

Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe Soundtrack

Hardline: Human Nature

Red Dwarf XI DVD

Death Star Cookie Jar

Return of the Jedi's Major Hewex's signature (Yeah, Dad seems not to have gotten much heavy hitters this year)

Avatar the Last Airbender colouring book and pens

FunEmplyoyed

Drunk, Stoned or Stupid

Deadpool Calendar

Money

Sweets

Perfect Cell and Beerus Pop figures.

Had a fun day, lots of tasty food and good times. It was my nephew's first Christmas (that he was aware of what was going on) and he wore me ragged. So, hope everyone had a great day too!

• Thumbs Up 3

-Dragon Ball Z Socks and Shirts

-Zelda Shirts and Underwear

-Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

-The first 2 seasons of Dragon Ball Z Kai

-New headphones

-Gift cards and money

-Candy

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty solid, although as usual rather than looking at my wishlist most of my gifts were quesses, although I was asked about two things being:

• KitchenAid Mixer (I'm on my own, and I love cooking, my mom's had one for years and she asked me to ask for something practical so I did)
  • Lego Millennium Falcon(wanted one of these since the first came out, finally got one!)
  • cookie cast iron skillet
  • Soda Can Fridge
  • Atari Flashback 7(considering the era of games it should be decent, pretty hard to screw up something that old)
  • Death Star PEZ Tin
  • Emergency weather clock
  • Hillshire Farms thing(personally, not a fan of dried salami, and while I do love my cheese... well)
  • Episode 7 Star Wars figure set
  • chebacca push ball thingy

Fun part is I wound up with a new card game call Munchkins(Marvel edition) after misjudging my cousin's ability to get people together to play it, and am picking up my cousin a big thing of pokemon cards today and promised to do some blind matches with him(since I don't know how to play this should be fun

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't get much this year, just a couple of things for Lego Dimensions:

- Mission Impossible Level Pack

- Emmet Fun Pack

- Plus a new set of headphones, since I'd been asking for some all year

As for the day itself, it was... disappointing. Everyone was very ill, coughing all day. To make things worse, my stepdad had to be taken to hospital on Christmas Eve, and won't be back home until Tuesday (turns out he has Pneumonia). The dinner was made at the very last minute, but it was at least delicious, even without a turkey.

• Thumbs Up 2

My mom and sisters couldn't make it, but we Skyped today and decided to open presents anyways.

g2Xl5bG.jpg

So I got:

- Final Fantasy XV

- The Last Guardian

- Pokémon Sun

- Project Diva X

- Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2

- art stuff!

- Teepo and Rollo plushies from Tales of Xillia/2

There are two presents still with my mom and there's also another one that was supposed to be purchased a while ago but wasn't, and that'll get here later. So, while not ideal, a pretty good Christmas after all!

• Thumbs Up 3

C0gtrfmWQAAS15M.jpg

Christmas was pretty good! Presents were great, dinner was amazing, and it was just super chilled out. Not pictured; my new Sonic jacket, bringing my SEGA jacket total up to like, 4 or 5.

C0j3D61W8AAGi-y.jpg

This Taiga Aisaka figure was the real highlight. I've been after it for a year, but on Amazon it's like, £300+. Thankfully one of my usual import haunts had it for a far more affordable price, and my brother ended up getting it me for Christmas (it was sent SAL, so I'm stunned it got here before Christmas!). It's the only poseable figure of Taiga, so I intend to absolutely treasure it. 

So yeah, I had a pretty great Christmas. Really happy with everything I was fortunate to get.

• Thumbs Up 3

My family was super generous to me this year:

- Wireless Gaming Mouse (RGB lighting which is cool af XD)

- Nvidia Shield Tablet

- Final Fantasy XV for PS4

- From up on Poppy Hill Blu-ray

- Batman Winter Hat

- Coffee (yes I love the stuff that much)

- A Bunch of gift cards

- Moola

An above and beyond holiday!

• Thumbs Up 3

I only asked for money for clothes this year and I got just about ~$100 for that.  But I was surprised that I got just a bit more than that.

meAFk0Z.jpg

• $20 Steam gift card
  • Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
  • 2-in-1 Tablet

The tablet in particular I was surprised about since, after my previous tablet broke, I had no interest in getting another.  But I'm glad I got one so that I no longer have to carry a bunch of staff paper with me when I'm at work or anything like that.

Soni was also kind enough to surprise me with a copy of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, but that was a couple of days before Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 3

Quick firing off of this. I have a big family, so there's some stuff here.

1)3 new Winter Hats-1 hunting hat and 2 regular old over the ears hats

2)Pair of Winter Socks.

3)Gingerbread Man and Candy cane Pajama bottoms (gotta get that corny Christmas something somewhere)

4)3 Pairs of pants, 3 shirts, and a pull over sweater

5) Super Mario Maker for 3DS-The included courses from Nintendo make it feel like an actual Mario game for the offline experience, it's surprising. Shame that I'll still have to upload courses from the Wii U version.

6)Darksiders Warmastered Edition (PS4)-Only ever played the second, this one is a lot more Zelda-ish; can dig it. Screw Tiamat, though.

7)Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4)

8)The Last Guardian

9)Dragon Quest Builders

10)Dragon Ball Fusions (3DS)

11) Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind <insert fancy edition name> from a bud of mine over Steam

11)Like 500 dollars in cash gifts, this is where the BIG family comes in. Mostly 20s, but it added up.

12) MOTHEFUCKING OMIKRON. WELCOME IN OMIKRON. TIME TO SUFFER. (My brother sent it to me as a sick joke)

The gift message

Dear kevin, no one escapes this unscathed

Best Wishes,satan

• Thumbs Up 2

I had a very casual Christmas and I was happy about that. It was just me, my parents and my brother, and we talked to my other brother and distant family to wish them merry christmas too. Just a nice time with a nice simple breakfast starting it all off; just the way we like it.

As for presents, I got...

- A dip pen for my ink. I've never used one before, so I look forward to trying it out.

- Several boxes of my favorite herbal tea, which I am very happy about. They're hard to find sometimes.

- The album Fragile, by Yes. I love this album alot, and I'm glad I get to finally own it. Thanks bro!

- Amazon gift cards. Now I just gotta figure out what to get... or I could just hoard it for later.

- Lucas Amiibo. This one I knew about already... because I saw him at the store, and he was on clearance for $4! What the heck?! So he became another chrimbus gift. 

- Some earbuds. I'm very impressed with them, and I usually don't wear earbuds. They didn't even cost much either, and I know how much good headphones/earbuds can cost, so I'm very satisfied with them (and I'm all for bargains).

- a WONDERFUL box from a good friend of mine, full of things she hand crafted for me. She made me an altaria plush, a little UFO keychain, bought me a raccoon mug, and made adorable doodles on the address labels. It was so kind of her to do that, and I will cherish these gifts forever.

I believe that's it. All in all, an enjoyable Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Had a fantastic (and frankly exhausting) Christmas. We got to celebrate on the actual day, much delicious food was on hand, and my close cousin who spent a good portion of her life living with my family even dropped by for both the Eve and the day, so this was the first time in years we were all together for a close family Christmas without just seeing her at my Grandma's annual dinner or going up to her apartment to exchange gifts. All in all just a really great time. As for my haul:

Stocking loot:

21a2dd.jpg

Deadpool (Blu-ray Combo)
Finding Dory (Blu-ray Combo)
Pokemon: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Volume 2 (Actually something I pre-ordered from Amazon myself, but I was too lazy to tell anyone it wasn't a gift and I didn't mind waiting.)
CANDY

Main gifts:

2yll0ft.jpg

Paper Mario: Color Splash 
Mario Party Star Rush
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

6qvcwh.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

2afa93c.jpg

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Day One Edition (PS4)
Dragon Ball Fusions
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
(PS4)

2quhg7s.jpg

LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Starter Pack (PS4) (Definitely the biggest surprise out of everything I received this year. Only asked for the Sonic pack and was okay with waiting to get the game itself next year, but my family found it super cheap, so they went ahead and got it for me! It's the Supergirl version, too! Extra neat!) 
LEGO Dimensions Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack

fnergn.jpg

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F (Blu-ray Combo)
Dragon Ball GT: Season 1 (DVD)
Dragon Ball GT: Season 2 (DVD)

skvypc.jpg

Pokemon: Master Quest The Complete Collection (DVD)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V: Season 1, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)

27y3jp4.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Blu-ray Combo)
Ghostbusters 2016: Extended Edition (Blu-ray)

23r6234.jpg

PS4 Dualshock 4 Controller
S.H. Figuarts Donatello

110w4s8.jpg

S.H. Figuarts Bowser

xomuxs.jpg

"Look at the Time" T-Shirt
"Throne of Dragons" T-Shirt

2eof8js.jpg

Build-A-Bear Sonic the Hedgehog Set 
Build-A-Bear Tails Plush

From my Sister:

21bu4gm.jpg

Samus amiibo
Pit amiibo

From her Fiance:

k1e901.jpg

PDP Pixel Pals SMB3 Mario Figure
PDP Pixel Pals Mega Man Figure

Quite a haul this year. Definitely gonna have a lot to keep myself busy in 2017. (Though, I still have a gift from my cousin to open this Friday and my Grandma's dinner on January 1st, so the holidays aren't quite over yet for me!)

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Santa Stache CC14 said:

Had a fantastic (and frankly exhausting) Christmas. We got to celebrate on the actual day, much delicious food was on hand, and my close cousin who spent a good portion of her life living with my family even dropped by for both the Eve and the day, so this was the first time in years we were all together for a close family Christmas without just seeing her at my Grandma's annual dinner or going up to her apartment to exchange gifts. All in all just a really great time. As for my haul:

Stocking loot:

21a2dd.jpg

Deadpool (Blu-ray Combo)
Finding Dory (Blu-ray Combo)
Pokemon: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Volume 2 (Actually something I pre-ordered from Amazon myself, but I was too lazy to tell anyone it wasn't a gift and I didn't mind waiting.)
CANDY

Main gifts:

2yll0ft.jpg

Paper Mario: Color Splash 
Mario Party Star Rush
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice

6qvcwh.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

2afa93c.jpg

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2: Day One Edition (PS4)
Dragon Ball Fusions
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
(PS4)

2quhg7s.jpg

LEGO Dimensions Supergirl Starter Pack (PS4) (Definitely the biggest surprise out of everything I received this year. Only asked for the Sonic pack and was okay with waiting to get the game itself next year, but my family found it super cheap, so they went ahead and got it for me! It's the Supergirl version, too! Extra neat!) 
LEGO Dimensions Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack

fnergn.jpg

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F (Blu-ray Combo)
Dragon Ball GT: Season 1 (DVD)
Dragon Ball GT: Season 2 (DVD)

skvypc.jpg

Pokemon: Master Quest The Complete Collection (DVD)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V: Season 1, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)

27y3jp4.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Blu-ray Combo)
Ghostbusters 2016: Extended Edition (Blu-ray)

23r6234.jpg

PS4 Dualshock 4 Controller
S.H. Figuarts Donatello

110w4s8.jpg

S.H. Figuarts Bowser

xomuxs.jpg

"Look at the Time" T-Shirt
"Throne of Dragons" T-Shirt

2eof8js.jpg

Build-A-Bear Sonic the Hedgehog Set 
Build-A-Bear Tails Plush

From my Sister:

21bu4gm.jpg

Samus amiibo
Pit amiibo

From her Fiance:

k1e901.jpg

PDP Pixel Pals SMB3 Mario Figure
PDP Pixel Pals Mega Man Figure

Quite a haul this year. Definitely gonna have a lot to keep myself busy in 2017. (Though, I still have a gift from my cousin to open this Friday and my Grandma's dinner on January 1st, so the holidays aren't quite over yet for me!)

Nice, you finally got Mutants in Manhattan!

If you want some advice, try to get at least one friend to play with you. It's a bit tedious when playing with just CPU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christmas for me was nothing too extravagant but still very good. I watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time and it was very funny.

Gifts:

A $20 E-Shop Giftcard

A $20 PSN Giftcard

A $20 Steam Giftcard

A Detroit Lions T-Shirt

A New Desk Chair

And lots of Sweets and Goodies such as a Popcorn Tin, a bag of Maltesers, Chocolate bars, and a package of Cadbury Fingers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I got a few presents.

-Super Puyo Puyo Tsu

-Skylanders Imaginators (Wii U version; no bundle, though, so I'll have to buy figures separate)

-Pit amiibo

-Wario amiibo (classic outfit)

-A safe with chocolate coins (which the Wario amiibo was also in)

-Lupin the 3rd: Episode 0: The First Contact

-And a T-shirt with renaissance artists with colored bandanas of the Ninja Turtles that are named after the artists. But what's particularly awesome is that the person who gave it to me had it signed at a convention...by Kevin Eastman himself. In other words, I have something signed by one of the creators of the TMNT! How awesome is that?!

I can even show you!

0eWAEw6.jpg

Aside from that, I got some air purifier thing, some gift cards and some movie tickets.

And Bod spray. That will be the traditional joke gift from my brothers, won't it?

I had better Christmases, but the presents I got were the highlights.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't take a picture of my stuff at the moment, but here's what me and my sisters got for Christmas or what we bought with our cash presents!

- PS4 Pro console

- Ratchet and Clank game

- PS Vita

- 4 Dualshock 4s

- Skylander Sensei: Chain Reaction

- Han Solo, Baloo and Time Disney Infinity figures

- Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Pack for PS4 (I needed those Toy Box Game Discs to complete my 2.0 collection and TRU had them cheaper in the Starter Pack than buying them seperately)

- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for PS4

- Hatsune Miku Project Diva X for PS4

- Megadimension Neptunia VII for PS4

- Tron Legacy Soundtrack Vinyl Record

- Transformers the Movie (1980s) Blu-Ray

And I'm not done shopping yet. Planning on buying a Sonic Build-a-bear and a PS Vita Memory Card.

• Thumbs Up 5

While our family doesn't really celebrate Christmas, I still managed to get a few things:

- Sega 3D Classics Collection (3DS) [Technically got at launch day but played it during the period]

- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS3)

- Lego Movie: The Videogame (PS3)

Weirdly enough, I was going to personally purchase these and most apart from the collection were on special offer anyway. As in that the store as selling off its PS3 range and many 3DS games. Luckily and greatfully they were on the house. I also personally bought for myself Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded on the PSP, surprisingly great and not just the games on it too. Sometimes yourself needs a treat now and again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not much but I did get:

Lego Kwik-E-Mart set

Lego Assault on Hoth set

A heap of cash

A framed WWII era Coke poster

Death Trooper socks

The pink controller for the Xbox One (Forgot the name)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm 28. So i don't get really good hauls anymore. But i did get new jacket and gloves, which are pretty cool

20161229_123340.jpg