Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

6 hours ago, PandaChao said:

The police are going to go easy on them. When they were outside chanting "STOP THE VOTE" outside of the polling stations there was no police throwing tear gas at them. They obviously do not play fair when it comes to this.

Why would you want police to throw tear gas at a peaceful protest? It isn't until they get violent and/or start raiding the voting centre that the police should act accordingly.

15 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

Why would you want police to throw tear gas at a peaceful protest? It isn't until they get violent and/or start raiding the voting centre that the police should act accordingly.

I think the point being made is that the police don't treat the protest groups equally for similar behavior.

The police have commonly, especially evident during BLM, treated Democratic/BLM protestor groups very negatively, even when they were predominantly peaceful with only a few opportunists here and there.

By contrast, the Trump supporters were frequently seen either getting soft treatment, or in the case of murderer Kyle Rittenhouse, treated like a hero and AIDED by police.

Plus, there was also news floating about that right wing groups were trying to intimidate ballot counting locations, so there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PaddyFancy said:

Why would you want police to throw tear gas at a peaceful protest?

Blocking a bridge to keep people from voting is not a “peaceful protest” it’s voter suppression.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when I said I wondered how the police would respond? Well

Doesn’t seem some departments are taking it that well. Guess they’re just cutting out the middle man that is MAGA, and gonna do the threatening and violence in response to Biden winning themselves 

8 hours ago, PaddyFancy said:

I don't want the police to throw tear gas. I'm not sure where you got that from. My point is that police seem to treat these Trump supporters civilly but when it comes to BLM/liberals that's when the police decide to use more force. There's a blatant bias police have when it comes BLM and they seem to care if the protest they are doing is peaceful. I'm not going to pretend like police do not use excessive force on people who do not follow their obvious agenda.

• Absolutely 1

Even tho I get no real joy from Biden winning, seeing Trump meltdown and take this the absolute worst is certainly giving life purpose again to me. If this happens, I seriously need a live feed. I don’t care if it costs $100 bucks to access, I’ll pay any amount to see this lol

• Chuckle 1

Thinking about it, I think we did actually have a Blue Wave.

The problem is that we didn't really fathom just how big the monolith of Right wing Racism, wealth mongering and authoritarianism actually was.

Yet even in spite of their attempts to rig the election, even in spite of the backlash and the splitting of this country, the violence and hatred from their side...

We did manage to triumph for the time being.

It wasn't perfect by any means, and doubtless we made many mistakes in judgment, and we still have a number of GOP Hydra heads to kill, even as the Trump head is falling towards the ground.

But we did manage to make that Blue Wave.

We managed to push back even in spite of the sheer amount of bullshit shoveled at us.

We still have a long road ahead of us, and many more fights to come, especially since McConnell still has power and Trump's lashing out is going to get pretty messy once he's a lame duck.

I think we can do this though. We just need to be vigilant.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Blue Wave implies it wasn’t gonna be close, and that the presidency, house and senate would have all gone to democrats with little issues holding them back. I don’t see this as wave whatsoever. A splash in a kiddie pool maybe, but certainly no blowout liberals were expecting 

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The Blue Wave implies it wasn’t gonna be close, and that the presidency, house and senate would have all gone to democrats with little issues holding them back. I don’t see this as wave whatsoever. A splash in a kiddie pool maybe, but certainly no blowout liberals were expecting 

My point was that we did have a wave, we just hit a very fucking tall red wall that made it seem much smaller. Besides, in real life a wave hitting a large wall doesn't stop it from being considered a wave.

I suppose in a sense, Trump DID build the wall. Just not the kind he was expecting to be a monument to himself for.

Jordan on the fadeback...

spacer.png

AND THAT'S THE GAME. Nothing further, your honor.

Though in the interest in fairness of the very fine people on both sides, let's hear what the GOP has to say:

9 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

My point was that we did have a wave, we just hit a very fucking tall red wall that made it seem much smaller. Besides, in real life a wave hitting a large wall doesn't stop it from being considered a wave.

I suppose in a sense, Trump DID build the wall. Just not the kind he was expecting to be a monument to himself for.

Your point is pretty much spot on.

The Blue Wave is one that grows with time. It may not have brought a landslide yet, but it did do wonders in flipping states normally red, blue, Senate seats included.

Would not be surprised if Texas eventually goes blue, seeing how it's been voting more that way lately since the mid-term elections. 

Hell, if that blue wave continues, Democrats will take House, Presidential spot and finally the Senate based on how the Georgia runoff elections go.

47 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

Geez, what a sore ass loser...

He was a sore winner as well.

Or a sore perpetual candidate given his behavior over the last 4 years.

1 hour ago, Tornado said:

spacer.png

AND THAT'S THE GAME. Nothing further, your honor.

Well, in other news Biden also just took Nevada for extra measure!

Reading this has me laughing fucking too much. Like I know I said earlier Pete might’ve been a overall better candidate for democrats to rally behind (*might’ve*), but that’s still not saying much given the two were comparing here. Seeing “Pete Buttigieg saved our democracy” in a non sarcastic way in any context is just too much for me to process lol

27 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

*taps mic* Is this thing working? *hears feedback*

I see you there, and I raise you this:

They should ban his Twitter and put a muzzle on him on his first day out of the White House.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, I haven't seen breakdowns this intense since the last Ace Attorney game I played.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 3

Man this feels amazing. And do you know how shitty of a president you have to be for the world to celebrate like it did at the end of WW2 when they heard of your loss.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1