Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

4 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

And Florida sure is taking its sweet ass time...

They know very well who won. Now they're just being dicks to fuck with people 

The urban vote hasn't been counted yet, we're just seeing a massively disproportionate focus on urban areas being called before any of the others. Once the urban vote is called, expect a big shift towards Clinton.

Just now, Johnny Boy said:

ABC just called Ohio for Trump. Shit....

I don't know. That was kinda forecasted early on, so I'm kinda shrugging at that one.

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I don't know. That was kinda forecasted early on, so I'm kinda shrugging at that one.

Well, its one of the key states Trump needs to win alongside Florida and Nevada. He's already got Ohio and Florida-- now all he needs is Nevada (which hasn't released anything yet) to have a clear path to victory.

A lot of people say that we're going to have to see the fallout of this for only four years. But Trump is going to repeal laws that took years of progress to make in the first place-- and on top of that, be electing the next Supreme Court justice who will gladly try to shoot down attempts at rectifying these laws for years after. Not to mention that for all his talk about trying to remove a rigged system, he and his supporters have been known to engage in multiple acts of voter intimidation, fraud and other shenanigans, so we might have to put up with Trump-likes for years thanks to them skewing a system towards Republicans (not to mention that Republicans themselves will gladly try to bring up the BS laws that tried to stop people of color and non-Republicans from voting again-- this time with a higher chance of success).

But at this point, I think I will simply accept the results, whatever they may be, and try to make the best of it for me and those I care about. If it comes up that there's been voter fraud, I'll keep an open mind but not assume the worst right away. I'll fight whatever unreasonable legislation comes to the best of my ability, and I hope you all will join me in some way.

Cali just reported in, bumping Clinton up to 190.

Washington, Oregon, don't y'all screw us on this.

Quite frankly, who was expecting Cali not to go blue?

• Thumbs Up 2

The West Coast going blue doesn't really matter, unfortunately.

If Clinton doesn't pick up Michigan or Wisconsin, that's it. This is over. Trump wins barring an insane upset somewhere else.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man...that is gonna be disappointing...

Just now, Noelgilvie said:

The West Coast going blue doesn't really matter, unfortunately.

If Clinton doesn't pick up Michigan or Wisconsin, that's it. This is over. Trump wins barring an insane upset somewhere else.

Why is that exactly?

Clinton is in the lead, but for how long? Even with California & Hawaii's Electoral votes, he's just creeping behind her and there are few safe democrat states now. The rest are rural Republican friendly and battleground swing states. What a show!

2 minutes ago, SenEDtor Missile said:

Why is that exactly?

Assuming Trump takes New Hampshire, he has 257 Electoral votes. Michigan has 16, which would push him over the 270 threshold.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm honestly hoping McMullin takes Utah to keep those votes away from Trump.

I just can't believe this election is even close.