Awoo.

Super Mario Odyssey (October 27, 2017)

Adamabba

https://mobile.twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP/status/892138819234942976/photo/1

They just teased a new kingdom. In the art, Mario's wearing the bathing suit from the E3 trailer, and you can see him swimming to get a purple Moon, which we haven't seen before. I'm guessing this takes place on the tropical palm tree islands that we see on the world map. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Zippo said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP/status/892138819234942976/photo/1

They just teased a new kingdom. In the art, Mario's wearing the bathing suit from the E3 trailer, and you can see him swimming to get a purple Moon, which we haven't seen before. I'm guessing this takes place on the tropical palm tree islands that we see on the world map. 

Tropical palm trees?

On 6/23/2017 at 2:15 AM, Zippo said:

of0ciae_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'm not seeing it. That center land mass north of Metro Kingdom looks more like snowflakes than anything. I guess tropical palm trees is possible, but that's not what it looks like to me.

Maybe you're thinking of a different location? But I don't see anything that looks like that tbh. The southwest island formation I guess looks like they might be in the shape of the palm tree leaves (I thought it looked more like a mustache at first), but that seems like its stretching. However, there is wide open ocean down there. Perhaps its a Sea/Tropical Kingdom.

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Huh? I'm pretty sure the islands to the southwest are shaped like palm trees. They are a group of tropical islands, after all. 

vprSlZ2_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Most of the continents are even shaped to resemble some sort of object. 

RagnororkX breaks it down. 

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=245056125

Hmm, ok.

Also, if I recall correctly, I believe someone mentioned that the gulf near New Donk City looked kinda like Pauline.

pn4PObv.jpg

Here's something incredibly odd. The game's box art was just updated and the game just got an E 10+ Rating. The sceenshot of Sombrero Mario was removed and a new screenshot was added. It looks to be the new tropical kingdom teased from yesterday. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Zippo said:

pn4PObv.jpg

Here's something incredibly odd. The game's box art was just updated and the game just got an E 10+ Rating. The sceenshot of Sombrero Mario was removed and a new screenshot was added. It looks to be the new tropical kingdom teased from yesterday. 

It's the final cover with an unrevealed kingdom for greater cover contrasr

7 hours ago, Zippo said:

pn4PObv.jpg

I really hope to god they didn't take out the sombrero outfit just because of that stupid tirade people were going on about it earlier.

• Promotion 1

The bigger news is that Mario is going on an adventure that's too hardcore for nine year olds.

The "replacement" pic pops out a lot more and, y'know, features a level that they just teased before the box art was updated.

I highly doubt they removed the costume.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...

Two updates:

1) The Wedding amiibos are now available for pre-order, and the box art reveals some new kingdoms, including the Mushroom Kingdom:

Spoiler

SuperMarioOdyssey-amiibo-3Pack-1024x832.png

2) Looks like Mario ain't the only one getting a sentient hat companion:

Obligatory 1000th post from me saying "I hope Peach is playable."

Seriously though, that's kind of interesting. I'm really curious to see how this game's plot get started. And on a related note, I think it'd be cool if we start in the Mushroom Kingdom and it's straight up a recreation of 64's hub. And you can come back later once Cappy's in the picture to use the capture ability to access more areas, etc.

2 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

Pretty sure that Bowser has a hat companion as well.

Yeah, now knowing that Peach has one, he probably does as well.

1 hour ago, Celestia said:

Obligatory 1000th post from me saying "I hope Peach is playable."

Seriously though, that's kind of interesting. I'm really curious to see how this game's plot get started. And on a related note, I think it'd be cool if we start in the Mushroom Kingdom and it's straight up a recreation of 64's hub. And you can come back later once Cappy's in the picture to use the capture ability to access more areas, etc.

Here's hoping. I want them to show a lot of background area as well. I doubt it'll be huge--probably just the area around Peach's Castle. but show hints of more on the outskirts.

Just gonna put this here:

tumblr_inline_ow9vuubOYX1rovio7_540.png

This is the origin of our Caveman outfit in the game, not the Flintstones bootleg that tumblr wants us to think

So, to recap on yesterday's Odyssey showcase on Direct:

>Peach's crown spirit is actually Cappy's sister, named...Tiara. Naturally, he needs to save her, so he teams up with Mario.

>New Kingdoms: Snow and Seaside

>Multiple new costumes, including Dr. Mario, Jumpman, Mario Paint, caveman, and swim trunks (The latter revealing that Mario has nipples, but no arm/chest hair, strangely)

>A hideous abomination new white rabbit lady, who's no doubt affiliated with the Broodals, with a golden pet Chain Chomp

>New minigames, including Koopa racing and RC cars

>Take screenshots to make postcards, post on social media, or make wallpapers

>Certain characters will help you find collectables, such as a toucan named Talkatoo who offers hints on how to get Power Moons, and Captain Toad's nameless blue lackey, who does the same- for a fee. *Spyro war flashbacks*

>The Wedding amiibo give you those wedding outfits, plus a neat bonus for each one: Mario: Temporary Invincibility, Peach: Get a Life-Up Heart, Bowser: Reveal the locations of Regional Coins

And finally, there's gonna be a Switch bundle that includes the game, a pair of red Joy-Cons, and a carrying case.

• Promotion 1

5 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Just gonna put this here:

tumblr_inline_ow9vuubOYX1rovio7_540.png

This is the origin of our Caveman outfit in the game, not the Flintstones bootleg that tumblr wants us to think

The one in the game looks nothing like that though...which pretty much looks like Flintstones anyway.

It's an original design in Odyssey.

5 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

>The Wedding amiibo give you those wedding outfits, plus a neat bonus for each one: Mario: Temporary Invincibility, Peach: Get a Life-Up Heart, Bowser: Reveal the locations of Regional Coins

Ok, here's the thing I don't get.  It makes perfect sense that you would be able to unlock Mario's wedding outfit, but what exactly does unlocking Peach or Bowser's entail?  Do they...do they not wear those outfits unless you scan the amiibo?  Do you unlock versions of those outfits for Mario to wear?  Or is this some kind of low-key confirmation of extra playable characters?  Does that mean we'll play as Bowser?

Just now, G-Force said:

Ok, here's the thing I don't get.  It makes perfect sense that you would be able to unlock Mario's wedding outfit, but what exactly does unlocking Peach or Bowser's entail?  Do they...do they not wear those outfits unless you scan the amiibo?  Do you unlock versions of those outfits for Mario to wear?  Or is this some kind of low-key confirmation of extra playable characters?  Does that mean we'll play as Bowser?

Most likely they enable Mario to wear their Wedding outfits. (Three guesses as to which one I'm trying out first.)

And the video notes that you can acquire these outfits in-game without said amiibo.

2 hours ago, StaticMania said:

The one in the game looks nothing like that though...which pretty much looks like Flintstones anyway.

It's an original design in Odyssey.

...which matches the design in the comic almost to a T, ergo not a Flintstones reference.

I'm getting very tired of Fortran and all those trolls shouting "7 GRAND DAD" because of Vinesauce

14 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

...which matches the design in the comic almost to a T...

Except it doesn't. In the game he's only wearing something to cover his nether regions and shoes.

That cloth he's wearing from the comic looks more like the flintstones.

14 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Except it doesn't. In the game he's only wearing something to cover his nether regions and shoes.

That cloth he's wearing from the comic looks more like the flintstones.

...except it does and that the comic clearly shows it to be a Joe & Mac reference