Awoo.

[Roleplay] SSMB Heroes Academy: Protect The Multiverse!

Failinhearts

"Roxas! Please don't give up! Remember your happiest memories!" Ray cried out, tears streaming down his face. He then remembered Shantae's happiest memory.

"I've had so many triumphant moments on my past adventures! I've gained wisdom, confidence, boldness, you name it! It's so hard to pick a happiest memory......but the days of the Bootleg Turnabout trial ring clear to me!"

"I found truth in both my sides, even that of my dark side. If ever now I've learned that no matter how many times she may come out and wreak havoc, I know that from within, I can fight and keep her from committing the most sinister of acts! As long as I know who I am! And by the end of that trial, with her re-sealed yet again....I finally found the one for me in my life to help me full even more whole....you Roxas!"

"You may be called a Nobody, but you've certainly got the heart, the being and the person, that helps fill my days with more love, excitement, and adventure than I could've ever imagined!", Shantae concluded as she hugged the red Squid Baron look-a-like, making it fade for good measure.

"Don't forget her Roxas! Don't forget your friends!"  

• Thumbs Up 4

giphy.gif

"Look around Roxas. This is your heart. This is the amount of darkness present in it. You are one with it. You will never escape it, you will never escape me. You're a puppet, nothing less. The light will never find you". 

"....I-I'm a....." 

"You're strong Roxas..." 

"You're a hero..." 

"The darkness isn't you..." 

"You keep fighting for what's right..."

"Don't forget your friends"

"Don't forget her!"

"You keep fighting...."

"Keep Fighting...."

Roxas closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his body going limp. 

"Well...it appears he's finally accepted his role as my puppet..." Xemnas said, as the Skylanders watched the keyblade welder lay limp, just dangling off the puppet strings.

• Thumbs Up 3

"...Roxas, no. Move, buddy! Move!" Sonic yells.

qhzJczN.jpg

"No! Roxas! You can't give up! No!"

• Thumbs Up 3

"You... you damn bastard!" Katii growled at Xemnas. "You're dead... I swear it. You're gonna pay..."

How Katii wished she could attack Xemnas. How she wished she could strike him down and end the battle, save Roxas and return to the academy where everyone would be happy... But she couldnt'

Her sore arms aside, Xemnas could easily swipe a lightsaber at her ending her instantly. Or maybe he'd let her live and attack her friends to make an example.

Katii was lost... And so was Hiss and Papyrus.

They could only hope for a miracle.

• Thumbs Up 2

"NO!" Ray screamed. Being tough and brave finally took it's toll on the little flying squirrel. He was struggling to reign it all in and not go berserk but even if he did lose it Xemnas could easily just destroy him any way. 

"Please keep fighting... please." Ray muttered choking back the tears.

Lumina was distraught, but was swiftly emboldened. "Don't give in, Roxas!" she shouted. "Surely there's more to hope and thrive for in life than being a puppet for some pretty-boy goon! Fight back! Kick him and his lies right in their sorry backsides!"

Lily admired Lumina's optimism and persistence, but she wasn't sure what else they could do...

• Thumbs Up 1

"Come on Roxas...don't let him beat you..." Danny said. Edgeworth remained silent, apart from a few pained grunts. 

"I win". Xemnas simply said with a smug smirk. 

Suddenly, a slash was heard as two of the puppet strings was cut off, the slash leaving behind a streak of light through the darkness.

"Huh...?" Roxas said, as he looked up. And what he saw surprised him. 

Kaede had slashed through the set of strings with a keyblade made out of her heart, of her light. It seemed Roxas' struggle with himself and his connections with his friends allowed them to access the power of the keyblade for themselves!.

Suddenly another couple of strings were cut through by Danny, welding his own keyblade, and leaving behind another trail of light in the darkness. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Kaede looks at the keyblade in her hands.

"Kaede! How did you do that?!" Purple Heart asks.

qborp75.jpg

"I... I don't know... Was.. it my faith... my bond with Roxas?"

• Thumbs Up 3

Ray gasped in shock! His staff floated in the air and then transformed!

9a91cb9d-4329-465c-9d2e-0513e0cdf9b7.png

"A magic key thingy!" Ray exclaimed in delight! He gently grabbed the handle and then immediately knew what to do.

"I've got your back Roxas!" He yelled before cutting another wire down leaving a trail of light behind.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lumina looked down at her hand, and saw a Keyblade of her own; made of light and styled like a guitar. "Aww, yeah," she smiled, "your plans are gonna go down now, Xemny!" She lept into the air and slashed some more dark strings, playing a triumphant tune on her Keyblade all the while.

Jessica noticed she too had a Keyblade; one grey and seemingly made of Void magic, with a small glowing rod in the hilt. Looking around, she saw Lily with a flowery Keyblade, Ivorn with one that resembled a wrench, and even Shade had one, which looked dark, ominous and evil - just the way he liked it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Suddenly, bright lights appeared in front of Rocku, Graff, and Big's hands revealing keyblades as well, they glanced at them with shocked and confused looks.

"w-...what?......" 

KoUXed.png

Righteous Rock....

GBCZgm.png

Graveling Gift....

"but.....how?"

DYQLSi.png

Friendship Fisher....

"What a weird fishing rod..."

But there was no time for questions. They knew what they had to do.

• Thumbs Up 3

The trio watched in awe as their fellow skylanders were gaining their own key shaped swords. And just when one of them was about to ask what was going on... they were startled by a flash of light. Once the light disappeared, they were surprised to see keyblades of their own.

papyrus_by_lordrobrainiac-db6o8io.jpg

"OH MY! IT'S A SWORD! ONE WORTHY FOR A GREAT WARRIOR MYSELF!" Papyrus grinned, inspecting the blade.

hiss_by_lordrobrainiac-db6o8jg.jpg

Hiss stood up and looked at hers, eyeing it curiously, and feeling the lighsaber-like keyblade with her antennae. "What is it?"

katii_by_lordrobrainiac-db6o8j1.jpg

Katii looked at her own, smiling at the fact that it resembled something from her old home.

"I think.... this is the miracle we were hoping for." Katii replied to Hiss as she turned to Roxas and Xemnas, "Hang in there, Roxas. We're busting out of here!"

• Thumbs Up 6

Sayaka's cutlasses begin to glow as they take on the shape of Keyblades. "Whoa!"

Homura reaches into her shield to find a Keyblade stuffed inside. "...How?"

Purple Heart's sword becomes a Keyblade as well. She chuckles. "Oh yeah, I could get used to this!"

Sonic looks at his sword, it hasn't chaned but instead, from the tip came a glowing almost ghost-like Key shape. His Sentinel Sword is projecting a Keyblade. "Heh. 150 million years and this sword can still surprise me!"

• Thumbs Up 2

"What the!? A keyblade!?", Phoenix said shocked as one appeared in his hand!

phoenix_wright_and_his_keyblade_by_tecna

"I've heard about having the truth or light in your hands bit this is ridiculous! Nevertheless! Roxas needs our help! I'll do what I must!"

leader_of_the_fey_by_thepinkiest-d5v50e1

"You said it Nick! Oh man,  if the Fey clan could see me now! Still we'll do them all proud and help save Roxas!", Maya said as she picked up the shichishito themed keyblade that had appeared before her!

The duo went town hacking off another pair of dark strings!

• Thumbs Up 3

As Lumina kept slashing away, she noticed a locket attached to her Keyblade. What she saw inside it only further strengthened her resolve to help Roxas as she resumed her slashing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nicole looks down, closing her eyes... There had to be something she could do now...

Then she opens her eyes, and something is in her hands.

Her keyblade.

QaVoTFR.jpg

Stoic and plain at the top, but so much more at the bottom...

And the keychains, it reminds Nicole of her friends. Of home.

Smiling, she looks back up, facing Xemnas.

"No. We win."

• Thumbs Up 5

Three pieces of a Keyblade appear in front of the Blues. The Blues examine the pieces curiously.

"Huh? What's this?"

"I think they're pieces of something!"

"Pieces of a Keyblade, that's what! Quick, put 'em together!"

The Blues assemble the Keyblade and all three of them pick up the weapon.

16Ijwqa.jpg

"Ohhh man.... We got a Keyblade!"

"Xemnas, your plan is as good as foiled!

"Let's cut up these strings!"

The Blues leap up and swing their Keyblade at three of the puppet strings holding Roxas, each of the beaks opening up and snipping the strings. Meanwhile, another Keyblade soars into Kirby's hands on a streak of light. Kirby looks at it for a second then leaps into action.

PanaYGF.jpg

"Roxas is not your puppet, Xemnas! And we're going to free him string by string!"

Kirby swings his Keyblade at the puppet strings, with the sword on the Keyblade producing large crescent shaped blasts to cut even more of the strings.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ray let loose cutting a couple more strings. "There will be no more strings on him anymore Xemnas!" Ray smiled. His glow was back and he noticed a trail of rainbow sparkles left behind from the light.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edgeworth forced himself up as he looked at the keyblade resting in his hand.

590d11d4875e0_Keyblades(Edgy).thumb.png.2abeedfe75e4ceae23ddb0f2be8aa156.png

The keyblade had various colours on it, representing those close to Edgeworth. Kay, Maya, Gumshoe, Apollo Justice, and yes, even Phoenix Wright. He got a small chuckle at the blades representing the Pink Princess' sword and the Steel Samurai's bladed staff, with a small keyring of the steel samurai to boot. 

Despite the pain, Edgeworth forced himself up, slashing through more of the strings, leaving behind trails of light. 

tumblr_oosunhD3YR1w4wkyjo1_500.gif

"N-No...this is impossible..." 

• Thumbs Up 4

"Oh yes! It is possible!" Sayaka says. "Look at us! We're here to show you that Roxas is free! Forever free thanks to us! You have no more control ANYMORE!"

• Thumbs Up 2

"Oh it's possible Xemmy!" Graff taunted as he slashed a string. "WA-CHA!"

Rocku slashes another. "You'll never control anyone OR take any more hearts as long as we're standing!"

Big slashed one as well. "Yeah!"

• Thumbs Up 1

"It's the power of the Skylanders, jerk! Surrender immediately!" Nicole shouts, as she slashes through the strings holding Roxas.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Guess you've never heard of me," Lumina winked. "I'm Lucy Laserwave, and I make the impossible, possible!" More strings came crashing down as Jessica and the others (sans Shade, who oogled hs new Keyblade instead) chipped in to help.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Anythings possible when you put your mind to it and your friends have your back!" Ray giggled, cutting another wire. "You just never achnoledged what a good bunch of friends can do for someone!" 

Kirby aims his Keyblade at even more of the puppet strings, then fires arrows from the Keyblade through the strings to cut them. He turns to Xemnas and shouts,

"But we have friendship on our side! You counted on us giving up, but because of our friendship we wouldn't turn our backs on Roxas! So now, we're saving Roxas from your control! "

• Thumbs Up 1