Awoo.

Wikia Images Broken on SSMB again?

Ryannumber1gamer

Yeah, so this is an issue that's cropped up today again for me. Back on the pre-upgrade SSMB, for some reason Wikia images were unable to be added to statuses/posts, and the upgrade finally fixed it so we could. However, today I tired to insert an image from the Sonic wikia into a status, and the image just wouldn't go in with the insert link box just giving me an error. I tested this out with multiple images from Wikia, and it all gave me the same error. 

I thought this might have been a general error with images in general as I see no reason why Wikia images would suddenly have been disactivated after all of this time, but I tested out an image from Tumblr, and it went into SSMB just fine: 

tumblr_nkea84Kbkf1u5cb23o1_1280.png

So is there any particular reason why Wikia images are suddenly not working again?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zaysho

• Ryannumber1gamer

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when this used to give me problems and then I realized it has to do with the URL that's pasted. See below:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/6/61/SLW_New_Sonic.png/revision/latest?cb=20160210164624

This is the URL that appears in the address box. Since it doesn't end the image extension, I don't think the board picks it up and posts it as an image.

SLW_New_Sonic.png

This is the same image with the "/revision/latest?cb=20160210164624" redacted from the URL and it posts normally.

See if that works.

Yep, that works Zaysho.

It's still odd though, as up til today, it was working fine with the final part of the image extension included.

That is strange, since I could never get it to post with the extra stuff following the file extension.

Of course, I've been so used to removing the end part of the URL that I probably never noticed it did work for a time again because I remembered it didn't. At least you've got a workaround, now!

Since this looks to have been resolved, I'm gonna go ahead and close this.

• The topic was locked